It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk Hyperinflation in the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm not going to say if, as most of us know it will be when.

So let's share some tips for survival.

Most people say have food. I have read so much on Venezuela and Zimbabwe and
yes food is good, but Silver/gold, booze is even better! Read up on silver/gold, some are more valuable
during times of distress.

If you don't know how to garden, get started NOW. It is not as easy as many think.
I've been gardening a long time and still have many disappointments. Pests, weather, bad seeds and on and on.

Let's hear your opinions, when, how & what to do to survive.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

gonna happen, not much we can do about it at this point.

I am moving into a house soon and ill be staring my garden again and looking into starting a bee hive. (fresh honey >>>gold and silver)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Well catching rain water is good though illegal in many states.
Here in Vegas it is easy to buy those massive canned goods. I keep rounds of many chambers for potential trade goods. I also keep many different seeds and lots of grow and planters. Snake bite and other med kits.
I also have plenty of extra wood for whatever. Lots of coal is also good to have. Two sixty pound bags of concrete. Close to 80 bottles of water.
Oh and for home protection.....well let's just say a 50. May be over kill.

Unfortunately but also thankfully I am picking up my U-Haul tomorrow and I am flying a friend in so we can make the drive back to Oklahoma. All the packing is done. Last thing to do is lower my flag when we leave.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Here’s a tip — Bitcoin.

Convert your worthless paper to crypto.

It’s the way of the future.

While most will be suffering, you’ll be a millionaire.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

1. Silver and gold is a way to transfer wealth THROUGH a crisis to the other side... to the next functioning economy. The average person will not benefit from stocking up on it. At all. If you want to horde something, try medical supplies.

2. A stable food supply (and by extension, a water supply that does not rely on electricity) is at the absolute top of the list.

The more self-sustainable you are, the better your chances.

3. This will not happen with you and your family in a vacuum. It is going to happen to you and everyone around you. Your community having your back and vice versa will make the difference between living and dying.

4. If you live in a city and are dependent on it for food, water, power... I feel sorry for you.

5. In other places where this has happened (Venezuela is a good example) at the local level ammo became the currency of trade. Remember that now before you can't buy it anymore.

6. Learn to make your own alcohol. The average person has NO idea how big a barter item that is.

7. The crime rate will sky-rocket. Make plans accordingly for self-defense.

That's the tip of the iceburg off the top of my head...

edit on 30-1-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The USD is the worlds reserve currency... I'm not sure how it can inflate, unless it inflates on a global scale. Then the whole world is in for hurt.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Pretty Easy.

What do you use money for?

You use money to buy stuff. Food, medicine, booze, ammo, propane, electricity, water purification, etc.

So, if you want to prepare for when money is next to worthless. The first thing you do is make sure you have a stockpile of things you would use money to buy.

Elementary.....

Then once you have the necessities taken care of, have some silver or barter goods for other things you may need.

Get everything you need at home now while you still can.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The USD is the worlds reserve currency... I'm not sure how it can inflate, unless it inflates on a global scale. Then the whole world is in for hurt.

It has been inflating since 1913 by the the very nature of how the Federal Reserve was set up.

Which is why in the 1970's we had to decouple it from gold and make it the world's reserve currency... to spread the inflation world-wide.

And we did.

Other countries will eventually get out of the USD because they have to (BRIC is a good example) and we will be left high and dry.

The Great Reset.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Well of course it inflates. But it's very stable and not really prone to hyperinflation.
I don't think we really need to worry about it inflating to the cost of say 1 bit coin or an oz of gold. Another currency will slowly take it's place eventually, and not within a decade but perhaps a few.

I realized I use the word inflate instead of hyperinflate. My mistake.
edit on 30-1-2021 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
We have a couple suitcases full of heirloom seeds.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

But it's very stable and not really prone to hyperinflation.

I don't think "stable" means what you think it means...

The next bubble that is going to pop is the dollar bubble.

The last bubble we have.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hmm maybe. The current capitalist venture that's on the horizon is 'green' energy, and global communications wrapped in e-eCommerce, perhaps once all those profits have dried up then the bubble of the USD will burst.

Personally I think something like bitcoin will become a reserve currency, alongside the USD.
edit on 30-1-2021 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Hmm maybe. The current capitalist venture that's on the horizon is 'green' energy, and global communications wrapped in e-eCommerce, perhaps once all those profits have dried up then the bubble of the USD will burst.

Personally I think something like bitcoin will become a reserve currency, alongside the USD.

With the recent moves by our benign and trustworthy government, any crypto-currency left standing in the next few years will be government controlled.

As far as the USD...

It is currently leveraged to about 1 quadrillion dollars, world-wide.

The USD value of all the real estate on planet Earth is currently worth about 1/10th of that.

Just sayin...

edit on 30-1-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
also like to toss out that bitcoin is like number 8 or 9 of most valuable crypto.

Yea bitcoin gets the press in the states but there are several worth more, and one already in the 6 digits.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Read between the lines.

This is another "Oh no, there's a Marxist in the White House" thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

all the kids are talking about doge

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It's doesn't matter how much it's leveraged. Natural resources, shipping lanes, military power, and market control is what real value looks like. There's a reason why the US has 800 some odd military bases all over the world, has the largest nuclear weapons arsenal, the largest intelligence agency, and the largest military power that can squash anyone at any time. And it's true power is the spread of it's currency. It's a system as old as civilization, going back to Babylonian kings opening up their coffers to gold and other goods so the wealthy land owners could expand their farms and slave ownership in the kings empire.

I honestly think since China would not dare try to destabilize the USD through war like we have seen in the past, it's taking another approach, more like what Singapore, Trinidad, and Rwanda has done.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

Read between the lines.

This is another "Oh no, there's a Marxist in the White House" thread.

There is a Marxist in the Whitehouse, but the reason for the thread is unfettered spending and a fiat currency.
edit on 2021/1/30 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If there is an EMP attack or nuclear war the internet goes down. Then you don’t have any access to any type of cryptocurrency. What then? a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Bringing the US down to a 3rd world welfare state is the only way to transition to a global government.

The US is the most awesome force on the planet. Cannot be stopped by any opposing force.

I dont believe it is a coincidence that it is being turned off like a switch from inside.

What's in motion... makes me palpitate.

edit on pSat, 30 Jan 2021 19:51:35 -06002021 035Sat, 30 Jan 2021 19:51:35 -0600pmAmerica/ChicagoSaturday by MALBOSIA because: Autocorrect

top topics

<<   2 >>

join