It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Lawmaker Files Bill to Establish Bigfoot Hunting Season

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Link to the Bill (in pdf form)

I've heard of some pretty interesting ideas but for most folks this is going to be pretty wild for a 'supposedly' imaginary creature. Or.. is it a clever way to possibly try and get the 'Big Hairy What-cha-ma-callit' more recognition?

A member of the Oklahoma House of Representatives has filed a bill that calls for the establishment of a Bigfoot hunting season in the state. The audacious idea is reportedly the brainchild of Rep. Justin Humphrey, who reportedly put forward the proposal on Wednesday. The fairly succinct resolution, states that "The Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Commission shall promulgate rules establishing a big foot [sic] hunting season. The Commission shall set annual season dates and create any necessary specific hunting licenses and fees."

I can't also not think that there is some financial con.. err... benefit to all this for the state.

The Oklahoma bill is a decidedly different type of Sasquatch-related legislation compared to resolutions passed in other states and local communities. In some instances, Bigfoot has been 'honored' by way of some kind of formal recognition naming it the official cryptid of a particular locality. And, in one county in Oregon, purposely killing a Sasquatch is actually illegal and punishable by up to one year in prison. As of yet, of course, no one has been busted breaking the Bigfoot law, although encouraging people to go out and try to hunt a Sasquatch, as is proposed in Oklahoma, may not be the best idea considering the creatures bipedal nature might lead to a tragic case of misidentification.

Anyway... I can see this as having all sorts of bad and negative stuff attached to it. Or am I crazy for thinking so ?

Johnny

** article source from C2C **

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Um...... Hunting something we have no idea what it is seems kind of dumb to me . what if big foot is actually a person or a cave man type Neanderthal that has survived ,and now we’re hunting people ? ... or.... if big foot is not a human , but a rare ape type animal ,what if it’s hunted to extinction ? .... I foresee a lot of people Going nuts in the woods ,And creating some type of Hunting frenzy. Maybe we should figure out what big foot is first?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Limit one?

Seriously, this is a can of worms best left unopened. What if they decide to hunt back...

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Now as Paul Harvey used to say here is the rest of the story...

www.joplinglobe.com...

State Rep. Justin Humphrey, R-Lane, filed House Bill 1648 that would direct the Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Division to establish an annual season requiring licenses and fees — specifying he doesn't want the fabled hominid killed.

“A lot of people don’t believe in Bigfoot, but a lot of people do,” Humphrey said.

Humphrey said in a statement Thursday that he will work with state agencies on the bill’s final language to specify the trapping of Bigfoot along with a $25,000 bounty for the first person to capture the creature.

His district consists of parts of Atoka, Bryan, Choctaw and Pushmataha Counties in southeast Oklahoma, which he said rely on tourism dollars. He said the bill has the potential to increase tourism and the resulting dollars could boost local economies.

Honobia, located 72 miles southeast of McAlester in Pushmataha County, has an annual Bigfoot festival the first weekend in October. Humphrey said the trapping season should pair with the festival.

The festival helps raise money for the Honobia Bigfoot Scholarship awarded by the Honobia Bigfoot Organization to high school seniors in the Pushmataha County area. According to the festival's website, $40,425 was given to 71 students between 2014 and 2019.

Last year's festival was cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns, but the festival's website says the event will return later this year.

Humphrey said the main goal of the bill is to promote Oklahoma's outdoor activities and tourism.
edit on 22-1-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

But before you don your tinfoil hats, load up the car with your binoculars, cameras and winter-weather gear and head up to Mt. Baker Ski Area to see if maybe Sasquatch has made his or her way up to the North Cascades, there’s something you should be aware of — Whatcom County has been proclaimed a Sasquatch Protection and Refuge Area.

Has been for nearly three decades now.

Read more here: www.bellinghamherald.com...=cpy

I think I’d rather be a Bigfoot living ⬆️ In Whatcom county than anywhere else...

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

This was probably done to attracted money and visitors to the area, but having a bunch of armed people hunting possible biped cryptids isn't a very well thought out idea. Lets just hope it doesn't end badly!

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Read the bill and can't decide if I'm more pissed he's backtracking from a "kill stance" or more pissed he's going to get innocent people injured in the woods.
No State has issued a kill season on Sasquatch yet, but should one, what would happen? This would most likely force the Fed's hand in both trying to stop it while trying not to say what they already know. The court battles would be educational.

Pretty sure the first State to enact a legal kill regulation would be slapped with a federal injunction so fast no one would have time to load their weapons. My line of reasoning is sometimes you have to poke the bear to get a response. We've asked the feds for information, we've filed FOI requests an been blackballed.

The only way to cut the secrecy is to drag this out into the public domain an force the issue.
Know this isn't a popular stance on Sasquatch/Bigfoot but people also scream for the hard science an a body is required for that purpose. Since the feds haven't made public any body they may be in possession of for non-governmental affiliated scientists/medical personnel review we've been hamstrung.

If nothing else a major court case may force the Fed's into releasing bodies they already have.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Anything for a few more bucks for the gov buckaroooos...

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Wow the best way to bring income to a state, I am sure the pro bigfoot hunters vs the save bigfoot groups will inundate the state now. Keep us posted on this one, is going to be a very interesting season.

Oops I forgot, did not the Oklahoma holds their land as mostly Native American? and they believe in Bigfoot?, I thing this bill will never make it.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
“This just in”:

BF releases announcement it’s open season on dumbasses in OK!

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Someone is gonna shoot their ex wearing a fur coat.

"She/He looked like a Sasquatch to me!"

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

First off is there any evidence it is dangerous to people (lots of your citizens go missing every year in the US so maybe there is?), is it edible (reports are that it stink's really bad), is it intelligent as in sentient? (there are human beings alive to this day that avoid contact with other peoples living stone age existence on all continents (maybe? not Europe) and some islands of the world, is it HUMAN? or close to human enough to be regarded as PEOPLE? (Now if it is then hunting it would be murders plain and simple and if it is not then hunting it would still be unethical since it is obviously very rare and therefore endangered).

To pass a bill to allow the hunting of ANY species which we do not have he measure of is opening a back door for human hunting weirdo's to exploit as well as generally a dangerous idea.

However if it can be proven that bigfoot is dangerous to man then fair enough.

The beings in this story seem to be human or at least a cousin of humanity and therefore PEOPLE and should receive the same protections as any human being if the story is true.
exemplore.com...
Also if TRUE then the man who ate part of a bigfoot (if it really was) is a cannibal plain and simple.

But they can also be a lot more dangerous and so too can we, I mean we are not always kind or civilized now are we.
www.liveabout.com...
Now bare in mind if these are the same race or offshoots of the same race all around the world then they must have had a more advanced ancestry at some point in there own past and once been a migrating race of people to have reached these places and given these populations if these attacks are real are so widely spread even in places were only boats could have taken them?

mysteriousuniverse.org...
anomalien.com...

You can not pass a law to protect it if you don't know if it exists and you should not be allowed to pass a law to harm if unless you can prove it is a danger and does exist, otherwise let's all shoot the wardrobe and pop a few rounds under the bed just to make sure the closet monster is not hiding there.

Still if they are real then there are several possible origin's, remnants of dead hominid lines that are not quite extinct, inbred mutated human's that have become a different group - some of them have shown interest in human females so? or just big animals?.

Either way is hunting and murdering possible PEOPLE just because they are hairy and live in a stone age lifestyle while avoiding our race of man really justifiable or is it just a sick twisted tourist idea from a guy that thinks they are a fairy tale.

Sorry for the late edit, just had a quick bath before bed but this is worth taking into account, serial killer?, Human eating animal?, weirdo with a fetish for shoes down inside an abandoned mine?.

I mean why would someone take shoes down a mine?.

edit on 22-1-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

First off is there any evidence it is dangerous to people (lots of your citizens go missing every year in the US so maybe there is?), is it edible (reports are that it stink's really bad), is it intelligent as in sentient? (there are human beings alive to this day that avoid contact with other peoples living stone age existence on all continents (maybe? not Europe) and some islands of the world, is it HUMAN? or close to human enough to be regarded as PEOPLE? (Now if it is then hunting it would be murders plain and simple and if it is not then hunting it would still be unethical since it is obviously very rare and therefore endangered).

To pass a bill to allow the hunting of ANY species which we do not have he measure of is opening a back door for human hunting weirdo's to exploit as well as generally a dangerous idea.

The beings in this story seem to be human or at least a cousin of humanity and therefore PEOPLE and should receive the same protections as any human being if the story is true.
exemplore.com...
Also if TRUE then the man who ate part of a bigfoot (if it really was) is a cannibal plain and simple.

But they can also be a lot more dangerous and so too can we, I mean we are not always kind or civilized now are we.
www.liveabout.com...
Now bare in mind if these are the same race or offshoots of the same race all around the world then they must have had a more advanced ancestry at some point in there own past and once been a migrating race of people to have reached these places and given these populations if these attacks are real are so widely spread even in places were only boats could have taken them?

anomalien.com...

You can not pass a law to protect it if you don't know if it exists and you should not be allowed to pass a law to harm if unless you can prove it is a danger and does exist, otherwise let's all shoot the wardrobe and pop a few rounds under the bed just to make sure the closet monster is not hiding there.

Still if they are real then there are several possible origin's, remnants of dead hominid lines that are not quite extinct, inbred mutated human's that have become a different group - some of them have shown interest in human females so? or just big animals?.

Either way is hunting and murdering possible PEOPLE just because they are hairy and live in a stone age lifestyle while avoiding our race of man really justifiable or is it just a sick twisted tourist idea from a guy that thinks they are a fairy tale.

Sorry for the late edit, just had a quick bath before bed but this is worth taking into account, serial killer?, Human eating animal?, weirdo with a fetish for shoes down inside an abandoned mine?.

I mean why would someone take shoes down a mine?.

Out of curiosity I wonder how old those shoes are and how much some are worth today...especially the Name Brands...nearly all are in great shape and lots look like high quality outdoors type shoes.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Read the bill and can't decide if I'm more pissed he's backtracking from a "kill stance" or more pissed he's going to get innocent people injured in the woods.

As someone said; Someone is gonna shoot their ex wearing a fur coat."She/He looked like a Sasquatch to me!"

Yeau I see all sorts of bad things with this. Didn't years back some Show was offering a large sum of cash for a dead BF? All I could think of was the mortality rate in the "Darwin Awards Section" was going to explode with drunk amateur hunters out there shooting whatever moves (including humans).

.... and then there's that morality/conscious thing-a-ma-jigger to consider.

No State has issued a kill season on Sasquatch yet, but should one, what would happen? This would most likely force the Fed's hand in both trying to stop it while trying not to say what they already know. The court battles would be educational.

Unless your Texas apparently.. [CAVEAT:The below is from Mysterious Universe and I have no clue if true or not]

Oklahoma Lawmaker Files Bill to Establish Bigfoot Hunting Season

“If the Commission does not specifically list an indigenous, nongame species, then the species is considered nonprotected nongame wildlife. A nonprotected nongame animal may be hunted on private property with landowner consent by any means, at any time and there is no bag limit or possession limit.” David Sinclair, direction of the law enforcement division at Texas Parks and Wildlife, confirmed in 2012 that Bigfoot is always in season in Texas and there’s no limit to how many one can shoot.

I think that the Feds don't want any public stance in any shape or form (for a variety of reasons), so they'll probably turn a blind eye if a State bill pops up (and passes) , just as long as the main Departments (USFS, BLM, DOE, DOI, etc.) are still doing their thing. Macro-economics/Macro-politics yada yada yada (same old story).

My gut tell's me this is a rouse / sham to get some cashflow going with fee's and licenses to do a hunt. I have no proof of such, but that's my gut.... or it's some flu bug and I'm extremely delirious ... (Hmm.. yeau lets go with that)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It’s late (430am) and I’m thinking on a tired brain while headed to bed , but odd thought .... what if it’s a way for the local government to see who has guns ? You get all these people to file for a license for This , and then the bill / BF season gets cancelled ....and now there’s a long list of information on people who have guns ?.....just a random thought .

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

It's been proven multiple times in cases of property owners who thru no fault of their own became of interest to Bigfoot.
It also has nothing to do with being afraid of monsters in the closet as you so inelegantly phrased it. Sasquatch/Bigfoot in isolated cases are extremely dangerous. The caveat being in many instances there is a progression of events not always immediately recognized by the humans involved.

Can't speak to any 411 cases because most of them don't have enough evidence clarifying any concrete resolution.

You go back and forth on the issue I guess considering all sides?
I'm of the opinion they ARE a People, but one thing we have in common with them is there are bad actors in both species and if Sasquatch won't police their own our options are limited.

If the Fed's won't cough up existing bodies they probably already have, a Sasquatch won't play ball an submit to voluntary examination, then one of them is gonna have to "take it for the team". I'd much prefer an accidental demise but it's not up to me.

One thing not mentioned yet is their mobility.
If OK sets this in motion an enough folks go out beating the bushes they're gonna move. Neighboring states are most likely going to have more sightings an many issues with Bigfoot infighting amongst themselves.
JMO

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Fair enough I shall concede your point, if they are intelligent though it is a shame that we may have to kill them but human life always comes first in my book simple as that.

However that account of the hunger his body broken, his rifle smashed and spent cartridges everywhere suggests you would need some serious firepower more than a hunting rifle to bring these things down, even the account of the soldier with his truck who shot at one in the chest suggests he did little more than wound it.

Best solution would be electric fence and pressure plate sensor's linked to loud sirens to keep them off your property.

I would still love to see if they are Human relatives however.

There are also tales in the US about giant's and if these things were a little less hairy that may be how they would be perceived.

And there is an intriguing account supposedly from US military personnel about a battle with a real giant in Afghanistan were it killed an entire special forces recon team and the second team sent to find them only defeated it because they were even more on edge than normal having seen the smashed gear of the other team, they found it was eating the other soldiers, looked human but huge and with two rows of teeth, red hair and beard and had a spear, it also moved much faster than we would expect when it attacked so it's speed is similar to that reported for some of these big foot encounters (if the account is true and personally I believe it).

If those shoes are the remains of somethings meal then I would be all for extinction of such a creature, best place for man eaters in my book is stuffed in a museum BUT if not all of them are the same then is it fair to kill an entire species or to hunt the innocent ones because of the miscreant's among them?.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

It could have just been set up for the kid's whom made the video for youtube? (Dangerous place for them to venture though), if not then it needs to be investigated there are enough folks over in the US that vanish every year and many of those shoes look to be woman's though some are obviously men's trainers and hiking shoes, there is even a bone in a boot if you look back at it but is that just a cattle bone stuck into it for affect or is that a human femur I am not expert on skeletons so?.

edit on 23-1-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I agree that it should be officially looked into.

Considering the 411 books and the recent global disclosure of the high possibility of Human Trafficking utilising underground tunnels....and we have a scenario where any mines or tunnels are suspect and any Parks or areas with natural or man-made tunnels or caves should be dealt with very cautiously.

Removing shoes is a sure way to keep Humans close by....no one is running far in the Forest or in a rocky cave or tunnel barefoot...no one.

Considering the 411 data which indicates collusion @ high government levels.... and considering the rumors saying CPS are responsible for providing children to Human Traffickers..... and we possibly have 2 similar scenarios where high level Government or Social Supports are PARTICIPATING IN AND SUPPORTING HUMAN TRAFFICKING.

Considering the times we live in....anything like that pile of shoes in that location needs to be investigated ASAP..... those shoes types and sizes might match up with missing persons and DNA is a viable possibility.
edit on 23-1-2021 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
After reading this thread and looking it up, there's a lot going on with Bigfoot culture in Oklahoma, thanks for posting. This Bigfoot Bill is hitting the rounds on other news sites specifically stating the intention is to boost tourism.

Something about Native Americans having their land stolen and people slaughtered to having Bills being written by a non-native exploiting one particular Native American legend rebranded as Bigfoot to boost tourism... doesn't sit right with me.

The huge spectrum of the Bigfoot industry from How to Hunt to BFRO to Survivor man to this politician to all the documentaries and shows streaming and online there seems to be one thing in common. The industry is dominated by white people, by far, and not native americans and it's a Native Legend. That's a big red flag for me. This news is giving more evidence to the possibility of a Bigfoot mafia. Their existence should be proven already.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join