It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Blacklisting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So progressives are now boycotting a mommy blogger because she (GASP!) donated $2000 to the trump campaign.

I live in a uber liberal community and not surprised by this at all. Any business owner is playing with fire publicly admitting they support Trump or any Republican for that matter. You could be a great neighbor and pillar of the community. However, if it came out you didn't support the liberal gestapo, you best believe you'd get run out of town. The moms would be all over Facebook trying to destroy your business.

Not much else to say...

Moms Boycotting Trump Supporting Baby Sleep Expert

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
People are free to boycott her similar to boycotting a bakery that refuses to make a cake for being gay or wanting a cake with Hitler and swastika on it. Heck they can boycott her for her hair style for all I care. Consumers are free to choose where they purchase goods or services.

In my city many people online were stating they were boycotting local businesses that put a BLM sign in the window. Freedom of choice.

I'm more outraged over paying 300 for a 40 min phone call which some commenters state regurgitates some already known practices. I guess outraged isn't the right word. Maybe jealous? I've had 3 babies and I didn't think of charging other moms for techniques.
edit on 21-1-2021 by frogs453 because: Added

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
People are free to boycott her similar to boycotting a bakery that refuses to make a cake for being gay or wanting a cake with Hitler and swastika on it. Heck they can boycott her for her hair style for all I care. Consumers are free to choose where they purchase goods or services.

I'm more outraged over paying 300 for a 40 min phone call which some commenters state regurgitates some already known practices. I guess outraged isn't the right word. Maybe jealous? I've had 3 babies and I didn't think of charging other moms for techniques.

People boycotting things is great. No issues there. Companies and tech platforms blacklisting people they disagree with politically will not end well.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Individuals are free to do what they please.

My issues are when corporations decide to do it.
edit on 2112021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

This is not a corporation nor tech company though.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Individuals are free to do what they please

Except for support the political candidate of their choice

The left’s issues are when someone supports a candidate that cNn doesn’t like

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yes, people can boycott who they please. However, that is not really the point.

My point is the sensitivity on display by liberals in that they believe simply supporting Trump with a campaign donation is worthy of a boycott. Someone finds publicly available info that she donated a few bucks to the campaign and that justifies the outrage?

Even though I lean right, I'd never consider boycotting someone because they vote Democrat or gave money to a Democrat.

This is madness. It is even more scary that so many people on the left don't see an issue with it.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

They are free. This may bring her less people who disagree with her choice as it brings her more people who do.

Similar to those who believe black lives matter. They may lose some who don't, but gain those that do. It actually works on both sides of the spectrum.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I wouldn't necessarily boycott her either, but I have been known to buy or go somewhere that I've heard others boycott when they do have a belief aligned with my own.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Snowflakes are everywhere on both sides unfortunately.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Breakthestreak

They are free. This may bring her less people who disagree with her choice as it brings her more people who do.

Similar to those who believe black lives matter. They may lose some who don't, but gain those that do. It actually works on both sides of the spectrum.

Consider.

You all say you want "unity", but what does that really mean? How can you have unity when people do things like this?

"Oh, you donated some money to the campaign of a politician I disagree with, so I won't have anything more to do with you, and what's more I'll make sure everyone I know is done with you ... but UNITY!"

And then you go on to say, but it'll bring her business from others ...

Well, who would those others be? They would have to be members of her "tribe" wouldn't they? So all this does is further support the division, not bring anyone together, not create unity.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
My point is the sensitivity on display by liberals in that they believe simply supporting Trump with a campaign donation is worthy of a boycott.

Like cutting off your nose to spite your face ... sort of.

That said, not having to put up with liberals to any degree is sort of a blessing. Definitely on par with never having to listen to a cop.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I personally have not been running around saying "unity". It's doubtful there ever will be complete unity. Even working towards it, it would not happen overnight. Here on ATS is a prime example. No one is the least bit interested. We have posts that continue to bash both sides constantly. It is reflective of some of society. So some will want it, some just won't.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko
I personally have not been running around saying "unity". It's doubtful there ever will be complete unity. Even working towards it, it would not happen overnight. Here on ATS is a prime example. No one is the least bit interested. We have posts that continue to bash both sides constantly. It is reflective of some of society. So some will want it, some just won't.

I recall when we were discussing bakers and cakes, the left was all about business being only about money, but now it's about purging people from your existence based on ideological purity.

Be careful about that, it never ends well and can end with you being on the outside. It's a lot like when we were all back in school and the mean girls decided you were no longer good enough to be in their clique. That's a rough spot to be in because generally it means there's no one for you because the only other kids are the ones you helped purge, and they aren't having you back.

By the way, there's a difference between unity and simply getting along and tolerating each other. That's where the phrase "agree with disagree" comes from.
edit on 21-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
More maoist bull#.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So progressives are now boycotting a mommy blogger because she (GASP!) donated $2000 to the trump campaign.

I live in a uber liberal community and not surprised by this at all. Any business owner is playing with fire publicly admitting they support Trump or any Republican for that matter. You could be a great neighbor and pillar of the community. However, if it came out you didn't support the liberal gestapo, you best believe you'd get run out of town. The moms would be all over Facebook trying to destroy your business.

Not much else to say...

Moms Boycotting Trump Supporting Baby Sleep Expert

Stupid is as stupid does.

Liberals are stupid.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I guess I'm still scratching my head over giving $2,000 to ANY politician!!!

ETA - Politicians need to be giving ME money to vote for their corrupt asses!!
edit on 1/21/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I think this calls for a two pronged approach. First off, emphasize that she is a conservative, and mention the GOYA boycott. She can hope for a similar return. Second, return the favor. Find any and all businesses that the lefties who are driving this own, and make sure everyone knows who's doing it and what they are doing. That way, if conservatives want to spend money somewhere, they have a choice to not spend it on #tards.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Okay. Now, work with me here for a moment.

We're suffering from wide spread, rampant systematic racism apparently.

Racism has been established as bad, right?

You know, hating someone, targeting them them.

So, now that we have that out in the air. It's now acceptable to not only openly hate someone for having different views, but to go out of your way to actively harm them and shun them to the back of the bus?

If you can't follow along with what I'm saying here, you may be more of the problem.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

See ... it's fine because it has been established for the people doing this that Trump is literally Hitler, so if you support him, you are literally a Nazi. That means you can do whatever to those kinds because they're not human like anyone else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join