It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11th hour Military Exercises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Annual US-South Korean Military Exercises Commence; North Korea Fumes

Rice urges North Korea to return to table 'immediately'
North Korea should return to the six-party talks immediately, if it is serious about exploring the path forward that we and the other parties have proposed," Rice said in a speech at Sophia University in Tokyo.

"All parties must magnify their efforts to convince North Korea that the time has come for decision," she said.

"China has a particular opportunity and responsibility here and I will soon be discussing in Beijing how the United States and China can advance our common interests on this and others," she said.

North Korea has announced a suspension of talks on its nuclear program and on Wednesday lashed out at Rice, saying Pyongyang could not talk to the United States unless Washington delists it as an "outpost of tyranny."

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
11th Hour Training Exercise????

Every year the US military has at least 5 major exercises in planning/preparation for war with North Korea....no big secret.

Most of the exercises involves many troops from the pacific
theatre going to South Korea for months on end doing training,
war gaming, planning...the list goes on.....

Here is a few of them

KITP, RSO&I, Foal Eagle and Freedom Banner all go on this time of the year every year for about 2 months..give or take.

And UFL (Ulchi Focus Lens) is the big one that goes every August....

It's no secret that the US has exercises going on....it's not a last minute prep time for N.Korea....just prep time, not last minute...nothing to be alarmed over

Nice thread by the way

[edit on 19-3-2005 by dev_add]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
thanks we will see what happens

[edit on 19-3-2005 by leejones]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
just another show for the masses [ sabre rattling ]

we'll be guessing til/if something finally happens

we could cook NK in the blink of an eye, and they know it..

that's why I say..."what , me worry ?"

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
we could cook NK in the blink of an eye, and they know it..

that's why I say..."what , me worry ?"

Yes. Of course. What me worry, indeed. In fact, let's ALL not worry. Let's invade 3rd world countries with half-arsed militaries, half-arsed equipment and half-arsed motivation. All to secure non-existent WMDs. Then shout about how all powerful we are for taking these countries in a week, and proceed to get on the internet and tell people "See! See!! Look at how powerful we are! Hooah!".

Mean while, those countries that actually do have WMDs keep developing them, refine them, ready them. But it doesn't matter, because we have installed a democracy in a sandpit country of insignificance. And that's all that matters.

Right?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I wonder if you were one of the ones who complained about the "Looting" of these non-existent WMDs.

BTW what would you call the weapon sadam used on that village that he wiped out?
I'll give you a hint

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Moon puppy
I believe you're mistaken. While I know it's fashionable to assume that gas attack was launched by Hussein, there really is no evidence of it. All that is known for sure is, Iran and Iraq had gas shells, both threatened to use them, somebody did, lots of people died. That's ALL we know. The recent media push to 'prove' it was Iraq that launched the shell, has no more evidence to support that claim than it did the last time. Iran has even tacitly admitted it was the one that launched the attack, but nobody cares.

Because your agenda doesn't support truth.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
hehe, yeah it real covenant to be able to summarily dismiss some media reports to support your agenda while accepting others when in agreement.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Moon Puppy]

top topics

join