It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Hook Up ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hey, kids, it's the Super Clap! 2020 isn't done with us yet. Because azithromycin has been so commonly used as COVID treatment, it's being blamed for the rise of Super Gonorrhea.

The unnecessary overuse of antibiotics during the coronavirus pandemic has created a rise in drug-resistant strains of super gonorrhea, according to a new report.

Azithromycin, a common antibiotic used to treat chest and sinus infections, has been used during the pandemic to prevent co-infection of hospitalized coronavirus patients and to treat inflammatory symptoms of severe infections.

But the widespread doling out of the drug — which has since been found to have no clinical benefit for COVID-19 patients — has caused a buildup of resistance to the bacteria that causes gonorrhea, the World Health Organization (WHO) told the Sun.

Of course, the problem here is that one of the early, successful treatments to prevent severe COVID infections is the HCQ + Azithro + Zinc therapy, so what do you do? Do you try to head off severe COVID cases before they start through preventive treatment or do you worry that your patients will then go out and boink everything in site to create drug resistant Clap? Ironically, STIs are preventable if people don't go around hooking up with random other people. COVID is a bit harder to control.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I thought this was a given, you continually use an anti-biotic and a virus will adapt accordingly to be immune.

This is such a stupid situation we're in, isn't it. Bet you feel like a 10 year old like I do when the BBC and news media is condescending to me about how I'm a hero and 'saving lives' by staying in and making my immune system useless.

The best part of this is the unlimited amount of plausible deniability it gives to the social engineers because, anything that goes wrong now is an 'uninended side effect' of measures taken. What a CROCK.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Viruses don't adapt like that, but bacteria will. Gonorrhea is a bacterial illness. The thing is that we were hearing about Super Clap prior to COVID. So I'm not going to say that COVID caused it because it was already out there. Now it may be that using azithro heavily to help treat COVID may have hastened its resistance to azithro, but that's the trade-off.

Again, which is worse -- the risk of a COVID case going severe on you or a gonorrhea case getting resistance?

We'll be seeing these unanticipated side-effects of the COVID panic for a while.

edit on 28-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

STIs are preventable if people don't go around hooking up with random other people.

Even if you just have to 'hook up' with random people... condoms are an effective tool for preventing STD's.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You would think, but it seems people aren't doing much of that given the prevalence of the Super Clap.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Man... 2020 is the gift that just keeps giving. Just throwing them gifts out right and left even as the door closes on it. I think I might plan on staying in bed *ALONE* on December 31. I don't want any surprises. I certainly don't want any super syphlis, or collosal clap or whatever the hell else is infecting every molecule of cleanliness left out there.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
After today 3 days left in 2020. Geeze I'll be glad to see it gone, just hoping things get better next year.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

3 days you say? "Still time," I say.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

In between the lines here in support...we've never completely...even in this day and age ...eradicated s.t.d-i's., AIDS etc etc.

It's because we've never changed behavior.

"I'll just get treated....if I get it". Risky over-confident behavior must change in concert w treatment and adaptations...but until then......?

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

We're all getting closer and closer to those 3 seashells.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
[snip]

New York was all about sex advice.

Individuals can try to find creative alternatives to traditional sex, such as sex toys, masturbating together and sexy Zoom parties, or they could try to “make it a little kinky,” the guidelines state, suggesting, among other things, people can avoid close contact by having sex through holes in walls or other barriers. “Be creative with sexual positions and physical barriers, like walls, that allow sexual contact while preventing close face-to-face contact,” the guidelines state.

No worries about Super Clap, just face to face contact.
edit on 28-12-2020 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thank god I’m married. It’s been 13 years since I was a single dude and that was right at the end of my band days, where I was recklessly on a mission to nail as many chicks as I could. Many great nights followed by days of panic and many long Q-tips entering my body from the most unpleasant of orifices. I don’t know what I’d do if I were single again, but not experiencing another q-tip in the dickhole is worth the price of marriage alone.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
They're nervous in Beijing !!! 😬

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

So we are to believe : that folks who were hospitalized, with 'severe' Covid symptoms, perhaps mostly in ICU situations, and also had gonorrhea, then recuperated enough, to go-out and have unprotected sex, in such massive quantities, that it is now a large enough 'thing', that it newsworthy ?

All of those 75+ year-olds, once at death's door, are now single and banging anything that moves ?

Hmmmm ...

Oh wait !
It's from that terrorist organization known as the WHO !!
Never mind kiddies
Just more fear propaganda.
Your grandparents probably are not clap-traps on walkers.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I remember hearing about Super Clap before the COVID scare, so it was a thing then too, but I think they were mainly worried about it in places like Bangkok. It seems to have migrated or something.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Makes sense that the 'super-clap', would migrate from the gonorrhea of a Bangkok.

Confucius say : Man who get onto plane sideways is going to Bangkok !

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I never understood why they were using an antibiotic for a virus in the first place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join