It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chi-Com Flu Question???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This may be a dumb question, but I don't know the answer, so I will ask here.

If you think you already had the Chi-Com Flu is there any way to determine this? For example, if you go for a test does it show you've had it? Or does it show you as positive, or what?

In other words, is there any test which can show if you've had it already or not?

ETA - I actually think I had it last December (2019). I even posted about it then. Is there a test which would prove I did, so I can move on with life?
edit on 12/25/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If you think 'maybe I've had it"
Or "what if I have it"
Or "what if I get it"

Then you have already lost by playing along and therefore you get it.

edit on 25-12-2020 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I don't deny it's real, I just don't think it's anywhere near as deadly as they're trying to make it out to be.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Same here.
I don't deny MERS is real, but I might as well.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think I had it. And haven't even had the usual cold I get late summer this year. But I still don't know if that means I can't get it again. With all the smart folk here who seem to have all the answers on anything Covid, they sure don't seem to have an answer for that one.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Antibody test.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well, it's just like Santa Clause.
Yeah you can get a visit by him every year.
But as soon as you quit believing in him, he doesn't come over any more.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It wasn't really even a thing back in December. They didn't really name it and say it went back to Oct/Nov timeframe until about late Feb / early March of 2020. By then I had pretty much forgotten about the time I got sick back in Dec.

Didn't really dawn on me until about August of this year.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

If you think you already had the Chi-Com Flu is there any way to determine this? For example, if you go for a test does it show you've had it? Or does it show you as positive, or what?

In other words, is there any test which can show if you've had it already or not?

ETA - I actually think I had it last December (2019). I even posted about it then. Is there a test which would prove I did, so I can move on with life?

Sure, you can get an antibody test for about 100 bucks without a prescription. I had it done back in the early summer when they first became commonly available because I had been on a ski trip in Italy the last half of February. I was right in the hot zone some of the time, Lombardy (Milan) and the Emiglia-Romana area. I arrived home with a runny nose, etc. but it was just a cold.

In my area, those tests are offered by Quest diagnostics and can be ordered on-line.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What is that? Is that the same as getting tested for the virus, or a different test?

Is this something a person can request? And, who would they request it from, their Primary Care Physician, or someone else?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

So how does that work?

Attach a large barbed probe up to a power roto-hammer drill and probe your butt with it, or something less intrusive?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yes it's a different test from the nasal swap.

Antibody tests check your blood by looking for antibodies, which may tell you if you had a past infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. Antibodies are proteins that help fight off infections and can provide protection against getting that disease again (immunity). Antibodies are disease specific. For example, measles antibodies will protect you from getting measles if you are exposed to it again, but they won’t protect you from getting mumps if you are exposed to mumps.

Antibody tests should not be used to diagnose a current COVID-19 infection, except in instances in which viral testing is delayed. An antibody test may not show if you have a current COVID-19 infection because it can take 1–3 weeks after infection for your body to make antibodies.

CDC

Usually available anywhere you can get regular medical lab work done.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It determines if your body has produced antibodies specific to that virus. If it has, that would imply you've had the virus. Anti-bodies are unique to specific viruses, they fit the protein casings specific to that virus.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You could donate blood. At least the Red Cross blood donation in this area was doing antibody testing. Husband donates regularly here and they did the antibody test last time he donated. Have not heard anything, so I guess he was negative although I don't know how long it would take or if they would contact us about it.

But there had been a chance we had all had it last winter. Guess not. It was always a small chance anyhow.

edit on 25-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They were saying that the antibodies don't last more than a few months and some people weren't making antibodies at all. After the antibodies are gone, there is no well to tell if you previously had covid or not

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

This entire Covid-cold storyline has gotten really really old and its becoming something of an informal generic IQ test.

What if I tell you you need an IQ of 145 or higher to even understand Covid-cold ? WILL THAT SILLY STATEMENT FIRE ANY OF YOU UP ENOUGH TO OPEN YOUR EYES AND MINDS?

Does that make it more palatable for the masses or what?....does everyone need a backdoor excuse for not seeing the Forest for the Trees??

Is this really about "feelings"....like Rainbow Snowflake kind of over-the-top melodramatic "feelings" ????

Does it hurt to be taught something you did not Know prior ???

What if I told you that Covid-cold is a single identifiable Pleomorphic Bacteria that can be in your body in 3 LIVING forms....bacterial-viral-fungal......that is can be in any or all of these forms concurrently and to undulating degrees?

That to test for it you have to test for all 3 SIZES in all 3 AREAS of the body that can be reached and impacted by a BACTERIAL and a VIRAL and a FUNGAL sized invader which carries the same DNA SIGNATURE.

You need to test and treat all 3 zones concurrently.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
They were saying that the antibodies don't last more than a few months and some people weren't making antibodies at all. After the antibodies are gone, there is no well to tell if you previously had covid or not

Even so, if you've had it and you don't have actual antibodies circulating, your immune cells will remember and your immune system will be more efficient in taking care of it upon subsequent exposure. That doesn't mean you won't get sick, just that you won't get as sick because your immune system will know what to do. Even if you get a mutant strain, your prior antibodies will be good enough to slow it down will your immune system adapts.

It's how things work with most seasonal viruses.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: tamusan

Even so, if you've had it and you don't have actual antibodies circulating, your immune cells will remember and your immune system will be more efficient in taking care of it upon subsequent exposure. That doesn't mean you won't get sick, just that you won't get as sick because your immune system will know what to do. Even if you get a mutant strain, your prior antibodies will be good enough to slow it down will your immune system adapts.

It's how things work with most seasonal viruses.

No disrespect but blah blah blah..... there is no such entity as a "virus" as you have been taught.....its all a bold-faced LIE.

No virus means no vaccines as you have been taught.

Your body has a system that surrounds dead inert bits of RNA/DNA with an Antibody "coating"....these wee little "garbage bags" full of dead inert material are a normal part of how we work.

Once your body has encapsulated the "garbage" the next time an Antibody comes across the wee little bag it knows its already been bagged and it leaves it alone.

Covid-cold is a viral sized bacteria that surrounds itself with a lipid fat coating that MIMICS the wee little antibody-garbage bags we normally have in us....so....when our Antibodies go looking for it and find it they are fooled by the lipid fat coating and they give it a MULLIGAN and let it pass thinking its just another wee garbage bag that has already been taken care of.

That my friends is as simple as anyone can make it.

Stick your degrees and your Professional accolades up your collective arses and just start helping the world like you all used to want to do before you got caught up in your own Egos and the lies TPTB fed to your Egos.
edit on 25-12-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
What if I told you that Covid-cold is a single identifiable Pleomorphic Bacteria that can be in your body in 3 LIVING forms....bacterial-viral-fungal......that is can be in any or all of these forms concurrently and to undulating degrees?

You'd be wrong, and look insane, for about the 100th time repeating such nonsense.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: one4all

You'd be wrong, and look insane, for about the 100th time repeating such nonsense.

Got a little Ego in you huh?...good.
Prove it.
edit on 25-12-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join