It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timing of New Super Duper Mutant Covid Strain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Its a bad flu season, look up the Hong Kong flu from 1968 -1969
Hey there was lots of social distancing at Woodstock that year.

Any other curiosity you may have is looking up historical annual deaths I use Stats Canada, If you look closely at the charts its the lock down that caused most of the deaths here according to the weekly death charts and almost no one under 70.

www150.statcan.gc.ca...

edit on 24-12-2020 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: enament

Its a bad flu season,
Source?

Canada is special, I guess. The only stats I can find on excess deaths go to August of this year (maybe you have more recent) and the curve seems to fit that of the COVID infection rate. And US statistics seem to show 2020 as an anomalous year, overall.
But maybe it's something other than COVID.

Right?

www150.statcan.gc.ca...

edit on 12/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Maybe America's healthcare just sucks a whole lot of dick? Maybe your covid problems are related to your #ty hospitals driven by for profit health care and insurance companies? Maybe America's deaths are related to its worse than third world health care system?

Canada doesn't have this problem as reflected in the numbers.
edit on 24/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Canada doesn't have this problem.

And yet, the excess death numbers seem to echo the COVID infection rates.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Not so much...again...around 700ish people have died where I live. In the entire province. In vancouver, one city, more people die of overdoses every year. Lotta junkies here. I've got a better chance of getting hit by a car or slipping in the shower than dying from covid.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

So what's a few more? Right?

They were going to die anyway.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Yeah...pretty much. Compared to the risks of dying from every day things, covid falls far down in the list of risks of dying, most of the deaths in Canada were in nursing homes ffs. I don't even know anybody in a nursing home. I won't even put anyone at risk by not caring. Because in canada, we have a modern health care system.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I won't even put anyone at risk by not caring.

But you will if you party up and don't wear a mask in public.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yeah...i'm going to put everyone at risk by going to see my family tomorrow, all of which do not have covid, I also do not have covid...yet all of us being together will magically make covid appear just by our sheer numbers...because that's how disease transmission works...like are you actually retarded?

When I was younger, I used to respect you, you always seemed like one of the wiser atsers, I used to read the hell out of your science threads... I think you've got #ing dementia now though man...your posts barely have any logic at all these days.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Our lock downs began in March, what I can see is people mostly died from the lock downs and mostly over 70, play around with that chart.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So what's a few more? Right?

They were going to die anyway.

Why do so many people have a puritanical out look on death?

What is the societal ramifications of a few more deaths?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Hey sorry to read about your friend dug. I have a guy I
grew up with just got news he's gonna be fighting it
for the third time;. I think I'll call him.
edit on 25-12-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Maybe this is not the same phage we have come to know

Imposter maybe....

originally posted by: dug88

Yeah...i'm going to put everyone at risk by going to see my family tomorrow, all of which do not have covid, I also do not have covid...yet all of us being together will magically make covid appear just by our sheer numbers...because that's how disease transmission works...like are you actually retarded?

When I was younger, I used to respect you, you always seemed like one of the wiser atsers, I used to read the hell out of your science threads... I think you've got #ing dementia now though man...your posts barely have any logic at all these days.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Possible that patients were being treated for covid when instead they should have been treated more 4 for their underlying conditions which could have been a possible death sentence therefore leading to the excess death just a thout

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: enament

Its a bad flu season,
Source?

Canada is special, I guess. The only stats I can find on excess deaths go to August of this year (maybe you have more recent) and the curve seems to fit that of the COVID infection rate. And US statistics seem to show 2020 as an anomalous year, overall.
But maybe it's something other than COVID.

Right?

www150.statcan.gc.ca...

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I feel you. Lost a close friend to cancer this year because he wasn't able to go for his regular checkups due to lockdowns. He ended up dying alone in his apartment and wasn't found for a week.
I am so sorry for your loss amigo. My condolences man. Certainly right now.
edit on 25-12-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

MSN scientists have been pretty clear that they don't yet 100% know if the spike is caused by the strain being more transmissible, or if behaviour is contributing. Though i gather it's become the dominant strain detected in those testing positive, so it's at least more efficient than previous strains.

One caveat is that it's possible governments are exaggerating it out of fear that people will mix more than they should over xmas and cause a huge January spike. I think this is a genuine concern and if were pulling the strings i'd create the idea of this new strain if it didn't exist in reality.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I have not changed my life much other than wearing a mask. I go out to eat. I go to bars. I go shopping. I go to work. I’ve been around 5 hot spots at work and quarantined once but I have not contracted Covid 19. Tests have been negative. Either I’m lucky or my immune system can fight it off. Maybe both.

My wife has had similar exposure and been fine. She is a nurse.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Nobody has the cold this year, it’s only covid...

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
We are already getting primed for “a long haul” on Covid. Years is one opinion I read on ATS.

One of the propaganda channels had on an "expert" yesterday who has now moved the goalposts out to "decades". Oh ... goodie!

I can't wait.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Nobody has the cold this year, it’s only covid...

Stop repeating nonsense. I know several people with colds right now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join