It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand new strain of covid found in South Africa. Extremely contagious

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: fusionfilm

No! You can't join me! Stop it! Your terrifying me! It's my corner. You find your own.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just in time to scare people into following covid mandates at a time when they are becoming more and more complacent.

Virolgirst "We really need people to social distance and ware makes over the winter. But people are starting to accept the dangers of covid and are becoming complacent and now news of a vaccine might make more people shrug off the danger"

Government officials "I have a good idea; what if we look through the data and find some anomaly that points to the possibility of a New more scary form of the virus? That should scare people strate"

Virolgirst "well the increased complacency in the UK has caused one strain of the virus to look like its more contagious. Would that work?"

Government officials "Really? Is this new strain a concern?"

Virolgirst "its to early to tell, but most likely not"

Government officials "Great; that will work. Ill call the news midea"

News Media "NEW STRAIN OF VIRUS MORE CONTAGIOUS!!!! DARKEST DAYS AHEAD OF US !!!! GOVERNMENT CALLING FOR LOCK DOWNS!!!!"

Average Person "more lockdowns? im sick of this sh!t, I'm going to do what I need to F the lockdowns .... but I'll make sure to ware my mask and social distance just incase."

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

No! You can't join me! Stop it! Your terrifying me! It's my corner. You find your own.

But didn't you hear? Its all a conspiracy, its not actually real. I read it on ATS.

Come outside and breath the fresh free air with me

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm

But didn't you hear? Its all a conspiracy, its not actually real. I read it on ATS.

Oh! It's all OK? Just the pesky TPTB up to their old games? What a gullible sheep I've been.

Thank God some people on here are so awake.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Just in time to scare people into following covid mandates at a time when they are becoming more and more complacent.

Virolgirst "We really need people to social distance and ware makes over the winter. But people are starting to accept the dangers of covid and are becoming complacent and now news of a vaccine might make more people shrug off the danger"

Government officials "I have a good idea; what if we look through the data and find some anomaly that points to the possibility of a New more scary form of the virus? That should scare people strate"

Virolgirst "well the increased complacency in the UK has caused one strain of the virus to look like its more contagious. Would that work?"

News Media "NEW STRAIN OF VIRUS MORE CONTAGIOUS!!!! DARKEST DAYS AHEAD OF US !!!! GOVERNMENT CALLING FOR LOCK DOWNS!!!!"

Average Person "more lockdowns? im sick of this sh!t, I'm going to do what I need to F the lockdowns .... but I'll make sure to ware my mask and social distance just incase."

Dude seriously... explain why cases have risen so dramatically and why hospitals are back at peak levels within a week or 2?

You think they are making it up? My friend is a nurse and she tells me her hospital is at breaking point with covid and this is a very big London hospital and I can assure you she is not part of some government agenda. But i bet you Think she's lying or misinformed when she has physically seen it with her own eyes no doubt

edit on 23-12-2020 by fusionfilm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Personally I am a realist. People are going to die. regardless. You will die,I will die as well. Not living your life because of a maybe or could be is wasteful and disrespectful of those who came before you. Use your brain and live while you can.

If you use your brain, then you actually sacrifice a bit today so you can live longer tomorrow. So instead you live up during the pandemic year, with the chance that you lose the next 20, 30, 40, depending on how old you are. not smart. Also don't assume you are ok, because all you have left is a little cough. My neighbor had the same issue after catching it, kept coughing, headache, and today he is in the hospital with a heart attack. His thoughts were much like yours, but I'm sure today he is taking things a bit more serious.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

More contagious yes

More deadly no

The fear is strong

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Dude seriously... explain why cases have risen so dramatically and why hospitals are back at peak levels within a week or 2?

You think they are making it up? My friend is a nurse and she tells me her hospital is at breaking point with covid and this is a very big London hospital and I can assure you she is not part of some government agenda. But i bet you Think she's lying or misinformed when she has physically seen it with her own eyes no doubt

Because people mixxed more then ever for The holiday season?
edit on 23-12-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So...first it was found in Denmark, then UK, now South Africa but they all panic shut down travel with the UK only? Right before the brexit? Hmm

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
So...first it was found in Denmark, then UK, now South Africa but they all panic shut down travel with the UK only? Right before the brexit? Hmm

Anybody on here can tell you I'm a Brexit supporter of the very highest order and even I don't think this is Brexit related.

I am more inclined to believe the whole shutting the border down with France because a deal wasn't reached and the 3000 lorry pile up is more to do with them trying to stop brexit
edit on 23-12-2020 by fusionfilm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingDoey

More contagious yes

More deadly no

The fear is strong

More contagious , yes. So more folk infected. So more people are going to die.

Fear? No. We are British and we don't do fear. We've been through worse.

Taking responsibility and having concern for the elderly, the vulnerable and other folk generally? Yes.

Should we apologise to the likes of some random on a CT site? No.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Isn't this the natural process of a virus?

Before vaccines, yes. It mutates and kills enough of the human race for the rest to have immunity.

I’d like to think we’ve moved ahead in the past 200 years. It doesn’t seem so.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey wasn't this Covid thing supposed to be the next HIV? And kill children with some boiling blood syndrome?

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Isn't this the natural process of a virus?

Before vaccines, yes. It mutates and kills enough of the human race for the rest to have immunity.

I’d like to think we’ve moved ahead in the past 200 years. It doesn’t seem so.

So.............You getting your Trump approved shot?

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Oh! It's all OK? Just the pesky TPTB up to their old games? What a gullible sheep I've been.

Thank God some people on here are so awake.

Ok I get it now! You’re being sarcastic!
It took me a bit. You have a dry sense of humor like myself.
Kudos!

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Yep!

Happy Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingDoey

More contagious yes

More deadly no

The fear is strong

More contagious , yes. So more folk infected. So more people are going to die.

Fear? No. We are British and we don't do fear. We've been through worse.

Taking responsibility and having concern for the elderly, the vulnerable and other folk generally? Yes.

Should we apologise to the likes of some random on a CT site? No.

What you apologising for?!. I was merely making a note of the absolute hysteria around a new strain of something which you have a 99.5% chance of survival should you catch it.

That 99% of those that do catch it, have mild to zero symptoms, yet in their infinite wisdom the government is dishing out the tier 4 hammer bringing festive tyranny to all.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The virus is real, it makes people sick, it kills. It probably was developed artificially in the Wuhan lab, either for research purposes or as a bioweapon, and I believe it was probably released accidentally.

The authorities are overreacting and using this as an excuse to enforce petty demands and restrict freedom, but it's not some grand conspiracy. It's just individual bureaucrats at different levels making decisions that they feel will either advance their careers or keep them from getting in trouble. The grand total of all these petty bureaucrats with their fears and little power trips is the often-irrational and heavy handed policy approach. That's all...just the sum of its parts.

Although various power nodes will take advantage of the situation, that doesn't mean there is some grand nefarious top-down plan in place to systematically change the world. It also doesn't mean the virus isn't real. And viruses mutate and become more or less dangerous as a fact of nature so expect to see a possible even deadlier version as time goes on. This will no doubt be accompanied by more panicked policy idiocy that will continue to strangle the economy and society as an unintentional side-effect of fear, stupidity, and petty greed.

That's how it is.
edit on 23-12-2020 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2020 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey

Look at the numbers and do the math.

How is it in the Govt's interest to impose lockdown?

Even Labour supports it.

No fear here. Just common sense. We are not all idiots.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey

In case you missed it, I was not apologising.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join