It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was all of this really necessary? Did we ask for it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thanks very much. "Reason" is a state-of-mind.

And "reasoning" falls on deaf ears when most folks isolate and limit all available info...good n bad...when you need all to make an educated and"reason-able"...conclusion.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Only the very easily manipulated have been manipulated

Anyone with more than 2 IQ points to rub together aren’t buying the farce

You'd be surprised how easily people are manipulated... even those who are supposedly above average intelligence.

Several of my neighbors are doctors (surgeons, pathologists) and they believe the hype. None of them really know all the "details" as to how the data is being manipulated. They just accept and believe what they are told. On the other hand, one of my doctors thinks it is BS, but she is just a lowly Pediatrician.

Some people are susceptible to propaganda because they get their news and information in a bubble. THey also don't tend to evaluate or research anything. Just accept what they are being told and go about their day like a good little sheep.

Ya, I'm convinced you know more than your physician neighbour's.

Me saying that, does not mean I approve of anything..just funny how informed people think they are over people who went to university for 5-8 years

Appealing to authority does not over ride common sense and logic.

Doctors are no more intelligent than anyone else. I have many as clients. A large number of them lack basic common sense. Just because someone may be good in a very specialized field does not mean they are immune from falling for propaganda.

These same Doctors also believe Russia hacked the 2016 election.

If a Doctor tells you 2+2=5, are you going to just be like "Well, he is a Doctor?"

You are exhibiting how they were able to pull the wool over so many people's eyes. You appeal to authority and ignore your own common sense. Well gee... Dr. Fauci said it so it must be true! I mean, I know I am looking at the CDC report showing 99.9% survival rate but hey... Dr. Fauci said it so I'll just ignore that and believe what he said on 60 minutes.

I'm not appealing to authority..just saying when it come to medicine/medical advice, I'll take it from physicians rather than people on the internet. It's that simple to me, doesn't mean I think medicine is always right either.

I've never once advocated for lockdowns.

What about the doctors that were censored on the internet? Did you believe them as well, or did you believe what you were told and that they were crackpot conspiracy theorists?

I am going to go with the latter.
edit on 22-12-2020 by PurpleFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Mailman
The fact the left and the msm have tried to weaponize covid to attack DonaldJTrump after the failed impeachment and race riots, is absolutely revolting.

Not as revolting as the 300K + dead Americans on his watch.

I forgot the President controls every state response?

What is your opinion on Cuomo killing thousands of elderly folk? Im sure you think that was Donald's idea too...

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Again, here! I know I'm bi--hin'...but I care about you all. Yeah, really.

EMT/A.D.LS

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
I'm getting the vaccine myself next week or so...shortly...so I can come out of retirement and go cover the sick med staff....

And it sucks people. Wake the hell up.

Who likes dead kids? C'mon now! Raise your dirty hands...

If you don't get my drift...you're lost.....

Peace, everyone

I agree, it sucks that suicides are up becuz our leaders placed arbitrary measures on society that have little to no effect on the actual virus itself. bEcaUse SCiEncE

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There are some basic behavioral changes that help to inhibit the transfer of any virus person to person.

Wearing a mask in public. Personal distancing. Washing hands. Avoiding large groups.

We should have been able to handle these basic techniques on our own.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Thnx! Can I just say? Went to med school 1985...put on gloves and mask....and basically never took them off...

Other than Hepatitis infection from dead body cadavers blood in 1993....p.p.e's work with just basic precautions.

Im still here. Thank you.
edit on 22-12-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
There are some basic behavioral changes that help to inhibit the transfer of any virus person to person.

Wearing a mask in public. Personal distancing. Washing hands. Avoiding large groups.

We should have been able to handle these basic techniques on our own.

And NONE of those things should have to be forcefully mandated by a government.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

I have a doctor friend treating Covid. He has it now, and is vented himself, maybe not makin' it...

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Indeed.

Public health is another needlessly politicized part of our lives in the US.

Viruses are a physical contaminant and can be protected against.

I'm not a big fan of the enforced shutdowns although I understand the idea. They shouldn't have been necessary. When a society has lost the fundamental gumption to take care of itself ... it's probably on the way out.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

So how many years do you have to quantify and postulate your answer?

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Additionally? We really, really are in the cusp of change for the better.

Health awareness, precautions, prevention, cures and treatments...looking back in 5 years or so...will see the difference, and change humanity's love-for-self.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Additionally? We really, really are in the cusp of change for the better.

Health awareness, precautions, prevention, cures and treatments...looking back in 5 years or so...will see the difference, and change humanity's love-for-self.

Here's hopin.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

That's right. Only in a pandemic (meaning every country, everywhere)....oh! Wait!

It IS a pandemic...

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That's right. Only in a pandemic (meaning every country, everywhere)....oh! Wait!

It IS a pandemic...

If this is a pandemic, then every single flu season should be treated the same way.

Wait, we have never treated a virus this way. Like ever.

I wonder why that is? Couldn't have had anything to do with that big election, no sireeeee

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The "Shut down" thing? Im sure...positive...professionally medically spking...we have nothing else. Nor yet.

And when it's over...we'll have learned a lot.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Well..."forced" us a strange word.

We created the very Health Infrastructure that worked...until now...the CDC was supposed to do what it does.

Some 50 years later, folks are now questioning....

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Flu season deaths 2018-2019 about 35,000.

COVID deaths over a similar period, 300,000 +

No matter how much you want a simple comparison, that's just an absurd claim.

It has to do primarily with the contagion factor. COVID is about 3-4 times easier to transmit than the flu.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Show me where the flu hit every county in the world, at the same time, and what resources kept everyone of them...all around the world...alive.

There isn't. Do some studies....please.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Here is my take on the whole thing:

Yes, I know someone who died from covid. Or, I should say, as a result of covid. My next door neighbors, two of the nicest little old ladies you will ever find, are mother and daughter in their late 80's and 60's respectively. They both caught covid and were hospitalized at the same time. Daughter responded to treatment better than mother, even though she had underlying conditions and was on O2 prior to having covid. She had a rough patch but made it through. Mother had a harder time with it all. Not so much because of the covid, but because of the lock down protocols and isolation. You cant take a little old lady like that, frail and frightened, isolate her from everyone and everything she knows, poke and prod her for weeks, and expect her to be okay with it. She was in her late 80's, was beginning to show signs of dementia, and was frail before she tested positive for covid. The isolation and fear pushed her over the edge. By the time she was released from rehab she was so paranoid and frightened she was violent and had to be restrained. She could no longer care for herself in any way though she was perfectly functional prior to testing positive for covid, which was only three weeks earlier. Less than a week after coming home she was put in hospice. She passed last week.

The disease is what it is. The fear tactics and isolation are the dangerous part for the elderly. Many of them are scared and confused even without covid and all the related protocols. What we are doing to our elderly is heartbreaking and, if you ask me, criminal. There is no part of this so-called compassionate care system that is actually compassionate.
edit on 22-12-2020 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join