It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego county Last year 20,000 reported cases of the flu. This year, there is only 36

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: network dude

What were the australia shut downs like I wonder?

That must have been it. Shut down the world and you can just hide from the Flu. It tickles me to see folks try to rationalize those numbers. Flu has been defeated in totality. We won. All we had to do is ruin an economy, wear a mask, and stay 6 feet from others. And to think we suffered through decades of the flu.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

It's almost like COVID is more virulent and deadly than the flu. But that can't be the case! They're the same thing!

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DeviantMortal
If the flu is suppressed by covid measures, why doesn't it work for covid? Both are a virus.
If you can't trust the influenza numbers can you still trust the Covid numbers? How do you pick which one to believe in?

Flu numbers indicate a massive, statistically upper 90% reduction in cases in multiple reports.
If you still trust the CDC and WHO statistics, wouldn't this be such a statistical anomaly that it would have to be investigated?

Something pretty fishy is going on in the new political/medical partnership.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's amazing masks and social distance can completely wipe out the normal flu. But despite these same measures killing the flu COVID is experiencing rising record numbers. It makes perfect sense!

I does make sense. Here’s the mathematical explanation for what’s happening:

Recall, that the course that an infectious disease in the population will take at any particular time is determined by the basic reproduction number (Rt) at that particular time. If Rt is larger than 1.0, that means that on the average an individual who has the infection will pass it on to MORE than 1 other individual, and the disease will spread exponentially. If Rt is less than 1.0, that means that on the average an individual who has the infection will pass it on to LESS than 1 other individual and the disease will die out exponentially.

In San Diego County, the seasonal flu this year is only about 0.2% of its prevalence last year. For all practical purposes, it has died out and Rt has clearly become much smaller than 1.0 for seasonal flu.

At the same time, Rt for COVID-19 is clearly greater than 1.0 since it is still growing exponentially. How to explain this?

Mathematically, the way to calculate Rt for any given infection is to determine R0 for that infection and multiply it by the fraction of the population, S, that is susceptible to that particular pathogen. R0 is the transmission rate in the population BEFORE taking any social intervention to reduce its spread. A year ago, when nobody was social distancing, wearing masks, or washing their hands frequently, R0 for seasonal influenza was estimated as between 0.9 and 2.1 and R0 for COVID-19 was estimated as between 2 and 6.

en.wikipedia.org...

In other words, COVID-19 respiratory droplets are about 2 to 3 times more infectious than the respiratory droplets for seasonal influenza, everything else being equal.

Not only is R0 larger for COVID-19 than for seasonal influenza, but much more of the population right now is susceptible to COVID-19 than to seasonal influenza. Seasonal influenza has been around in one form or another practically forever; depending on which particular mutation comes forward each year, about 40% to 50% of the population has already developed immunity. COVID-19 is a NOVEL virus. That means that when it first hits the population, essentially 100% of the population is susceptible. Even though we’ve had close to 16 million cases in the US, 95% of the population is still susceptible.

So COVID-19 is 2 or 3 times more infectious than seasonal influenza and the population is about twice as susceptible to COVID-19. That means that all the mask wearing and social distancing we’ve been doing is somewhere between 4 to 6 times more effective at squashing seasonal influenza than COVID-19. That’s why Rt for COVID-19 is still greater than 1.0 and Rt for seasonal influenza is way below 1.0.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not having to do with the flu but instead with COVID-19....I have sent the following email to a local San Diego news station yesterday ..... so far crickets and tumbleweeds

IMO.... I think it’s important...... perhaps no one will address this with a ten foot pole....

...” Greetings,

I have not seen anyone addressing “the elephant in the room”, any questions and answers concerning the possibility of COVID-19 transmission when it comes to exchanging bodily fluids, in all manners of sex whether Married, singles, heterosexual, homosexual, etc.

Can exchanging bodily fluids during acts of sex, transmit the COVID-19 virus?

This should be investigated by Fox 5 staff and then asked of your medical guests on the broadcast.

Please reply either way.

Thank You”......

edit on 11-12-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

visited with a third person yesterday, just in this small town, where a loved one died (this one was a mother) and the cause of death listed on the death certificate is covid-19. The woman died from an aneurysm. The daughter went to get that removed and the real cause of death listed. But they told her that she must get an autopsy, which is $6,000. They are saying that because six months ago, the mother had tested positive for covid-19. She never got sick from it, however, and again, she died from a blood clot to the brain, NOT covid-19.

Anyone who thinks this lying criminal behavior isn’t going on? You’re a willful stupid person.

Anyone who actually believes the numbers and stats that the media and government entities are reporting? You’re a willful stupid person. And lazy.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Between manipulated death certificates and extremely unreliable PCR tests, this is the biggest deception pulled on mankind.

Many are beginning to understand that, but many more are still completely fooled.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Tells us all we need to know about how "dangerous" coronavirus is.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Phage

have you checked the numbers for the Southern Hemisphere? They just went through their winter and flu season. Might be interesting points of conversation.

eta:

In August 2019, there were 61,000 laboratory confirmed cases of influenza in Australia.
In August 2020, there were 107.

I even used a Phage friendly source.

Interesting that those numbers percentage wise are very in line with San Diego’s numbers as of now.
Au 60k-107
SD 20k-36
edit on 11-12-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I live in San Diego Co.

This is the flu.

The Election flu.

A legit reason to rig an election.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

difference of .002%. in the ballpark I suppose.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

The Flu is not being suppressed by Covid measures. Covid protocol is Flu protocol that's why its suppressing the Flu.

As others have pointed out Covid-19 is more contagious.

I may not have posted the links correctly, as I stated before I don`t post often.

I would also like to add as others have also stated, there is a Flu vaccine and the protocols were already in place before Flu season even started. There is no publicly available Covid vaccine at this time.

Not all masks all masks are created equal, I see people with all types of masks while I`m out shopping, And a lot without masks at all. Especially at gas stations. A lot of workplaces don`t enforce masks or social distancing and in others it can`t be due to the nature of the job site. And now add in school is in season, if there is no adult of authority around those masks go down. I have seen the last one at bus stops in the morning.

I know I`m making an argument against protocols lowering the Flu, there is something hinky looking in the numbers. A direct answer to your questions, I try not to trust most information presented. I look across multiple sources and see where the numbers are coming from if its something I feel I NEED to know. Picking who to trust is easy, trust yourself. Prepare for the worst, protect your own and be happy if the worst doesn`t happen. And for the first question the viruses are different. Presenting a can of mace to someone in your face threatening you is enough to stop that most of the time. A high crackhead who really wants his next fix at your expense may need more persuasion even though they are both people.

All of the Flu related articles are from years ago showing the 6ft rule / mask ideas for Flu.

On another point, while Covid19 is not the same as the common coronavirus its close enough to share a name and even the common cold is more contagious than the Flu.

Masks for Flu

www.hsph.harvard.edu...

Flu travels up to 6ft

www.livescience.com...

Another 6ft Flu, because why not?

www.officer.com...

Covid-19 more contagious than the Flu.

www.henryford.com...

Cold more contagious than the Flu.

www.henryford.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

visited with a third person yesterday, just in this small town, where a loved one died (this one was a mother) and the cause of death listed on the death certificate is covid-19. The woman died from an aneurysm. The daughter went to get that removed and the real cause of death listed. But they told her that she must get an autopsy, which is $6,000. They are saying that because six months ago, the mother had tested positive for covid-19. She never got sick from it, however, and again, she died from a blood clot to the brain, NOT covid-19.

Anyone who thinks this lying criminal behavior isn’t going on? You’re a willful stupid person.

Anyone who actually believes the numbers and stats that the media and government entities are reporting? You’re a willful stupid person. And lazy.

Searching for Ways to Prevent Life-Threatening Blood Clots in COVID-19

Six months into the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, researchers still have much to learn about the many ways in which COVID-19 can wreak devastation on the human body. Among the many mysteries is exactly how SARS-CoV-2, which is the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19, triggers the formation of blood clots that can lead to strokes and other life-threatening complications, even in younger people.

Now 11-12 months in.

New Cause of COVID-19 Blood Clots Identified

“In patients with COVID-19, we continue to see a relentless, self-amplifying cycle of inflammation and clotting in the body,” Kanthi says. “Now we’re learning that autoantibodies could be a culprit in this loop of clotting and inflammation that makes people who were already struggling even sicker.”

Both my sister (stroke) and brother-in-law (pulmonary embolism), no comorbities, clotting months after "recovery" are living proof of this. As are tens of thousands of others. Perhaps more.

Blood clots continue to wreak havoc for patients with severe COVID-19 infection, and a new study explains what may spark them in up to half of patients.

But keep on denying the science. We'll see how many it takes for you to believe.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Charles Mackay of Scotland, circa 1880

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

True then, more true now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join