It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego county Last year 20,000 reported cases of the flu. This year, there is only 36

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
San Diego county has a population of nearly four million people. Last year there were nearly 20,000 reported cases of the flu. This year, there is only 36. Thoughts?

www.kusi.com...

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – COVID-19 cases continue to increase across California, and here in San Diego County, but flu cases remain extremely low in comparison to this time in previous years.

We are well into flu season, but San Diego County’s data for flu infections only shows 36 reported cases so far this year. Carl DeMaio tweeted out this shocking revelation, comparing it to this time in other years saying, “In a typical year we get over 17,073 on average!”

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Preaching to the choir now; in these dire times.... we need “Excalibur” level development.
Everyone with a pulse and an IQ over 40 knows this is a political weapon.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

Preaching to the choir now; in these dire times.... we need “Excalibur” level development.
Everyone with a pulse and an IQ over 40 knows this is a political weapon.

I think it's being used as a political weapon by both sides.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You are correct. The coin only has two sides ...... heads or fails? Lol

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Medical officials "smell" a couple of huge Covid-19 rescue bills coming their way over the next few months. They're betting all their marbles on Joe Biden being President.

As it was this past Spring and Summer, the more cases and deaths, the more $$$$ from these bills.

Those that didn't jump onboard the gravy train this past Spring/Summer, realize they missed the boat. But they're not missing this next opportunity to fatten their corporate and personal bank accounts.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   

LOL.. OOPS

It's because, the most vicious and evil virus in the Galaxy ,the Wuhan CCP virus cured the flu......we should praise WuFLU

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

San Diego county has a population of nearly four million people. Last year there were nearly 20,000 reported cases of the flu.

Yes, reported cases in San Diego are significantly lower than the average, so far. But the "season" isn't over.
www.sandiegocounty.gov...

Statewise, not so much. But maybe social distancing and masks work with flu, too.
www.cdph.ca.gov...

edit on 12/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What do you mean? If social distancing and masks worked why would cases still be going up allegedly? Why are they so keen to get everyone vaccinated for a virus that is 99.9% survivable for those without co morbidity's? Why are the vaccine makers granted indemnity?

TPTB that meet at Bilderburg and Davos and include key figures from governments, the MSM, corporations and think tanks, have gone full retard in their lockstep plan and fear mongering. Only a complete retard would believe any of it by now. The shows over clown, this site is finished as are most of us.(check out the Ricky Gervais speech at the golden globes award) for once, can you think outside of the box?

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

have you checked the numbers for the Southern Hemisphere? They just went through their winter and flu season. Might be interesting points of conversation.

eta:

In August 2019, there were 61,000 laboratory confirmed cases of influenza in Australia.
In August 2020, there were 107.

I even used a Phage friendly source.

edit on 11-12-2020 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Pretty much this. It's been a while since iI was if healthcare, but I seem to remember that January is by far when most cases of flu occur.

Even then though, people are already talking measures the will help with curbing transmission of flu. The fact that schools are doing distance learning will prevent a ton of cases by itself. On top of that, most people aren't even going to the doctor unless it's for something extremely serious so you're going to be having fewer flu tests administered.

I'm not surprised that flu cases are low. People are finally not going to school or the office when they're sick like they should've been doing this whole time.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Heh, we took son in for the required annual ear infection, and doctor had him get the flu jab which is pretty common with younger kids his age.

Doctor wanted me to get one which I put off as I am expecting to get a general checkup soonish. Doc's explanation was "masks" and "flu season hasn't really blown up yet".

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I would agree with fewer tests, but consider this:

Compare the symptoms for flu and COVID, and ask yourself these days which the doctor is going to test first. Then consider the hypersensitivity of the COVID PCR test. Even if you don't have COVID and won't have it, it can still detect fragments of viral RNA that you may have picked up somewhere rendering a false positive for you. The actual antibody test is the only sure way to know if you've had it, but they don't do that one in most cases.

So ... going back ... how many cases of flu have flown under the radar as misdiagnosed COVID?

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

You’re not the Excalibur I was talking about

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
::dusts off account login info:: Hi, I mostly lurk. barely ever post anything.

I would like to point out that the preventative measures that are enforced upon most of Americans were based on research that would also prevent the flu. I`m trying to find a source, search results are muddled by a large number of recent articles.

You compound that with everyone already following the guidelines before the Flu season even kicks off and its a one two punch against the Flu IMO.

That being said I don`t personally believe the numbers would be as low as they are being reported in a large city, below 100 is more than a little suspicious to me.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The season isn't over.

And I'm guessing that mask shut downs and social distancing play a role as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What were the australia shut downs like I wonder?

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

It's interesting data.

It suggests that with no flu vaccine and just mask and social distance we could knock those flu numbers down each year.

but then I wonder how many people rushed to get the flu vaccine this year?
might be higher than normal.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I was thinking number of vaccinated could be up as well. It may also be the case that they guessed right for this year's batch so it's particularly effective. I can definitely see numbers plummeting between more inoculated with a more effective vaccine, masks, social distancing, distance learning & working, and fewer people willing to go to the doctor when sick.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's amazing masks and social distance can completely wipe out the normal flu. But despite these same measures killing the flu COVID is experiencing rising record numbers. It makes perfect sense!

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
does this mean the COVID19 virus is a natural vaccine for "the flue" ? 😃

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join