It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready Protest planned for Columbus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
www.dispatch.com...

Tobin said the deputy went to confront Goodson about waving the handgun. Goodson was already out of his vehicle outside of a residence in the 3900 block of Estates Place where he lives with his grandmother. Goodson was told to drop his gun, a command heard by a civilian witness nearby, Tobin said.

Here's the shortened version.
Fugitive task force were looking for someone in Columbus Ohio.
Goodson drove by, and went into his apartment.
He was shot and killed as he entered his place.

He was not the person they were looking for.

It is speculated he waved his gun at the undercover (he was legal cc) From an earlier story
there were no witnesses, no camera, no video....

Here's the family's version...

Family members and activists say that Goodson, 23, had driven his grandmother's vehicle to the dentist's office and was carrying a Subway sandwich and the keys to his residence when he was fatally shot. They say he was shot in the back.

Protest are already planned all over Columbus...
Here we go again

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Patiently waiting for the NRA and pro-2nd amendment crowd to be in here siding with the protesters because the government murdered a man who was lawfully exercising his constitutional rights..

Oh wait..

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Patiently waiting for the NRA and pro-2nd amendment crowd to be in here siding with the protesters because the government murdered a man who was lawfully exercising his constitutional rights..

Oh wait..

Something is really weird with this whole incident...

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Whatever people come up with to try to smear his name, the fact is that he had a concealed carry permit and was licensed to have the gun he had.

And I don’t really believe the cop that said he was waving his gun at him, something that happened without any witnesses. Everyone knows an undercover cop when they see them, it makes no sense to drive by waving his gun. I think the officer is lying. He may have seen him with the gun or something like that, but I seriously doubt he drove by waving it at him. Sounds like a cop making up an event to take the heat off of himself after the situation went wrong.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

He may have seen him with the gun or something like that, but I seriously doubt he drove by waving it at him.

It does sound odd, I wonder if he sprinkled some crack on himself after he was shot.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

On the surface it appears to be a bad shoot, with no other supporting evidence such as camera footage, other eyewitnesses, etc. It will be up to the SWAT deputy to prove he feared for his life and lethal force was appropriate, which given the lack of evidence at this stage is going to be pretty hard to do. As it stands I would have to say it's a bad shoot, and the deputy should be prosecuted. If further evidence comes to light, security camera from a neighbor, or similar, I would go with my gut that a CC holder isn't going to act irrationally and wave a gun around.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Or perhaps we could be non douche bags and wait for some facts to come out. I realize that's not how you operate, but then we aren't like you.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I realize you aren’t like me. I’ll always give the benefit of the doubt to American civilians instead of jumping to defend the agents of the state that kill them.

That’s a pretty big difference between us.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Oh wait..

Why do you try and spin everything as some anti-right thought...lol

1. So like always we have no clue to what happened right?
2. We need facts like in Floyds case that as the facts came forward it wasn't so cut and dry as only a police brutality event that led to a death. Now was it?
3. I tend to side with the cops when they are correct and easily side with the perp/victim when cops are in the wrong...Anything wrong with that?
4. Protesting is fine...a little premature as it always is in these cop shooting cases in a "OMG they shot another one!" quick reflex reaction, AND we both know it doesn't stop at protesting... lol

edit on 9-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Or perhaps we could be non douche bags and wait for some facts to come out. I realize that's not how you operate, but then we aren't like you.

I do agree we need more information is needed, but just not sure how they are going to spin a guy
with a key in one hand and a subway sandwich in the other being a lethal threat...
Also if it is proven he was shot in the back...

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

I realize you aren’t like me. I’ll always give the benefit of the doubt to American civilians instead of jumping to defend the agents of the state that kill them.

That’s a pretty big difference between us.
Same. Yet, due process isn’t the same as championing LE killing someone....

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

DAT SAMMICH CAME RIGHT AT ME

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

www.garda.com...

Event
Activists plan to protest a deadly police-involved shooting in Columbus, Ohio, Dec. 11-12. Participants intend to demonstrate outside the Franklin County Courthouse beginning at 1800 on Dec. 11. The following day, protesters will gather outside the Ohio State House at 1200 on Dec. 12. Other unannounced or spontaneous demonstrations around government buildings in Columbus are possible in the coming days.

Hundreds of people will likely participate in each of the demonstrations, impacting transport and businesses in the surrounding areas. Previous protests for similar incidents in other US cities have drawn thousands of participants, and some protests have included roadblocks, clashes, looting, and arson. While unlikely, these actions cannot be ruled out in Columbus, Ohio, especially at night. Solidarity protests and rallies may also extend to other cities in Ohio and possibly throughout the US.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I cant decide on anything until I know what kind of subway sandwich it was.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have a pretty dark sense of humor, but if he was truly killed for no reason -mistaken identity
it's really not that funny.

edit on 9-12-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I've long since lost the capacity to take these protests seriously, or as anything other than an excuse to go on a Five Fingered Discount Shopping spree.

Mark my words, it's going to be a looty night.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

i don't usually agree with you but on this one i reckon your right on the button

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Patiently waiting for the internet activists to hold their politicians they voted in to handle things appropriately and make sure this is denounced.

Oh wait...

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
Patiently waiting for the internet activists to hold their politicians they voted in to handle things appropriately and make sure this is denounced.

Oh wait...

Pushy!

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Oh wait..

Right after you offer support for the 2nd Amendment and CC laws....

...i'll wait....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join