It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 Restaurants Could close in the next three weeks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah, that's the other thing.

If this were so dangerous, you would not have seen the left coast elite like Newsome dining at a party at the French Laundry. They wouldn't be vacationing in Mexico or traveling to see family, inviting their 80+-year-old relatives to Thanksgiving, etc.

You wouldn't see them out in public in any form.

They sure can order the law to crack down on us when we do what we see though, and there's a suspicion in me that they like doing that.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Normally, I'd say good for him. However, he is a Democrat leftist so the hypocrisy runs thick. Like most Democrats, they are progressive/leftist right up until it hits their own wallets.

heartless democrats watch businesses collapse
but bending over backwards to help college kids with their loans

don't understand the thinking there at all

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
yeah here in NC, with the latest governor's order, it's become too much trouble to go out to dinner.

It's no fun, I'm sick of arguing about having a medical exemption to mask wearing, and frankly doing pointless things "because do what you're told!" makes me angry.

Did I mention it's just no fun anymore?

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A society encouraged by its leaders to mistrust other citizens and remain socially distant is a society not long for this world.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Most of our restaurants are open here, I think only one is shut down. Little small town Illinois . Was in top 5 for covid19 2 weeks ago. They ain't stopping us from living our lives here.

They police are not enforcing anything covid shutdown related.its awesome.

When Pritzker came to town saw all the Pritzker Sucks sign everywhere he didnt hang long.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I know. It was simply amazing how people who hated the big box stores like Walmart and Target and "loved" them some mom and pop suddenly turned on a dime to where the big boxes and their former slave workers were now sainted heroes, pillars of the community and mom and pop were trying to kill us all.

Because all the local stores that were crying "waahhh buy local" wouldn't let me in without wearing a face covering. A couple of employee and owners even yelled at me and called me a liar about having a medical condition.

But you know what? I can walk into a wal-mart, pet-smart, kohl's here today and just get a smile from the old lady standing at the door.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

That's how it was in my town on the first go around. This time around everyone pretty much said screw you we are staying open. The mayor doesnt even care he is about to retire.

Hope the next guy isn't a shutdown everything S.O.B.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They won’t get bailed out. They need as many businesses to fail as possible. Create more job loss so they can implement The Great Reset.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
whos going to buy up all this property at rock bottom prices?
ive got a feeling covid will be here until enough wealth has been transferred.
and for these people enough means all of it.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The restaurant owners and other small businesses cannot take much more of our governors strict regulations. We will have to buy almost everything online or go to fast food joints if she doesn't stop. A very lot of jobs will be lost, what are they going to do start up the WPA again to give people enough to live off of. That will then destroy all of the construction companies and nobody will be working.

I owned a business for many years, if this governor had done this to me, I would have folded and moved to another state where I knew I could prosper. I would have needed a semi just to move my tools, and one more flatbed construction trailer to move my equipment. I think the government handled this pandemic badly, especially the our state and many of the other democrat or liberal states. I also blame the media for their greedy fear mongering tactics...and their twisting of evidence to back their profiteering.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Plandemic is the most accurate term for what we've experienced.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We're still going here, but we haven't locked down again since the first one.

Restaurants and bars are angry about the 10pm curfew though.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We're still going here, but we haven't locked down again since the first one.

Restaurants and bars are angry about the 10pm curfew though.

10pm? Covid has an alarm clock activation time or something?

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

^shrugs^

I called this in MArch.

Thanks. . . Karen(s)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
^shrugs^

I called this in MArch.

Thanks. . . Karen(s)

Those were my fingers making us type that.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

From what I hear on the radio, after a certain time people act more carelessly (drinking etc) and
tracers have found that is where/how Covid is spreading the most.. at least that is what they say...

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

It's also sneaky. It likes to hide in a bush near your front steps only to blast through the front door when your 11th guest arrives.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why you make me dbl post DB?

edit on 8-12-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Why you make me dbl post DB?

Because I am filled will hatred and angst.

And urine.

I have to pee.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Nyiah

It's also sneaky. It likes to hide in a bush near your front steps only to blast through the front door when your 11th guest arrives.

Ah, so THAT'S how it works!

I wonder what made my neighborhood immune all year long then. (prolly because we already had it run through the area before the pants #ting started, duh)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join