It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross Tests May Push Back COVID Timeline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Did COVID get here earlier than February/March?

People have wondered about it, and now the Red Cross is casting more doubt on the official story.

The released a new report based on tests done on blood donations. It reveals that COVID antibodies showed up in blood samples in December and January. This isn't PCR detecting viral fragments. We're talking the actual antibody test that detects antigen from the viral protein capsule.

This study aimed to determine when the virus might have first appeared in the United States by using archived samples from routine blood donations collected by the Red Cross. The non-identifiable blood samples used in the study—from donors in nine states between Dec. 13, 2019 and Jan. 17, 2020."

The conclusion; it appears that introduction of the virus to the U.S. may have taken place much earlier than declared, possibly in the fall of 2019.

In the study of the blood samples, Covid-19 antibodies were detected in 84 donors on the west coast from Washington, Oregon, and California as early as December 13. Other samples were from donations made between late December to mid-January from six other states showing the antibodies -- Iowa, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin. The key aspect is these were not showing positive viral activity but the presence of the anti-SARS CoV-2 antibodies, the virus causing Covid-19.

See the presence of Iowa on the list - that's not far from us? I've maintained for a while that husband and I both went through and illness at the end of December through early January last year that suspiciously had all the symptoms of COVID. Our son came down with it to, but he just got a bit run down. That also tracks along with expectations for this thing.

Now people have already questioned whether or not these are people who traveled to China and just happened to donate upon returning, but the majority of doners do not have international travel in the recent history as the Red Cross always screens for such things.

Now consider that it takes antibodies like the ones detected one to two weeks to develop and you have to push your timeline back even further. And to remain at a testable threshold, antibodies have to be within 60 to 90 days, and that pushes the possible introduction back even more.

Anyhow, it's an interesting wrinkle.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
we need antibody testing prior to vaccinations IMO

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think I had it December 18th 2019. First fever in like 17 years, bed ridden too weak and achy to move for two days, temperature of about 103 to 104 if I recall, terrible headache and dry cough. Then after sleeping for two days I felt okay.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The human organism is "tougher" and more adaptable than most medical "experts" give it credit for being.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I wasn't even two months out from major shoulder surgery then, and when I got it, I was running 101 when I normally run in the 97 range, so high for me. I was so wiped out by it that I was sleeping 12 hours+/night with shoulder pain that was normally only allowing around 6 hours just on the discomfort. I was also taking naps. I didn't develop a huge cough, but enough of one that I was using cough medicine at night for a few night. It didn't linger, but about a month later I had a spell where my asthma was really irritated with me for no real reason I could ever figure out. It did go away.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Four of my six co-workers were really sick in December-January but I never got so much as a sniffle and we were in close proximity (desks next to each other). I don't know what they had and I don't think they did either, with the exception of one who had strep.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
we need antibody testing prior to vaccinations IMO

Yeah, why waste limited amounts of vaccines on people who already have immunity?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think what the above poster said; before vaccinating people (if thats really the goal) they need to allow mass antibody testing.
If you have the antibodies you are not required to get a vaccine and you can travel as normal.

a reply to: HalWesten

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I’m another one that thinks I’ve already had COVID. The first part of February I got the sickest I’ve been in over 25 years. I ended up going to the hospital with a 104 temp and seriously felt like I was dying. They diagnosed me with Strep, Flu-B and Pneumonia. I was there for 8-9 days, they wanted to keep me longer but I wanted the hell out of there so they eventually released me, probably glad to get rid of me. I also have a bad heart with only three valves that work due to a massive heart attack two yrs ago which wasn’t helping things. One of their main concerns was my oxygen levels because it was dropping to danger levels and I was also coughing up a good amount of blood, yuck. Looking back I think I was probably right on the cusp of being put on a ventilator.

I had every symptom of COVID; loss of taste and smell, which I still haven’t fully recovered and on down the list my symptoms were pretty much exact.

I’m not sure if the Flu-B and Strep could’ve actually been COVID as their were no test for COVID at the time. I was told that if I was diagnosed with Strep and Flu that I probably didn’t have COVID but I’ve also read that it’s possible. So....IDK. Happy and lucky to be alive though, it was a nightmare experience.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

LOL.

Perhaps the scientific evidence of it's presence in Western Europe well before the outbreak in China might have some substance?

Nah, why look at the science.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Whatever ...

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Four of my six co-workers were really sick in December-January but I never got so much as a sniffle and we were in close proximity (desks next to each other). I don't know what they had and I don't think they did either, with the exception of one who had strep.

I've been working at the same place for 21 years now.

Out of those 21 years, there have probably been 8 or 10 that had really bad 'sick' seasons, meaning, lots of people getting really sick saying it was the sickest they've ever been. I almost never get sick, and when I do, it never lasts very long.

Honestly - this is just a normal part of the ebb and flow of viruses.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Had at least 2 guys in our Hanger that met all the symptoms they identified in early January including shortness of breath.

new topics

top topics

join