It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin D Insufficiency May Account for Almost Nine of Ten COVID-19 Deaths

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Some non vaccine related covid news and probably not much new, still it's nice to see some scientific literature practicing a bit of sense.

Evidence shows that 9 out of 10 deaths related to covid-19 were in patients with severe vitamin d deficiency.

This information tends to get downplayed a lot and I believe youtube videos and such espousing this are removed for spreading misinformation.

www.mdpi.com...

Evidence from observational studies is accumulating, suggesting that the majority of deaths due to SARS-CoV-2 infections are statistically attributable to vitamin D insufficiency and could potentially be prevented by vitamin D supplementation. Given the dynamics of the COVID-19 pandemic, rational vitamin D supplementation whose safety has been proven in an extensive body of research should be promoted and initiated to limit the toll of the pandemic even before the final proof of efficacy in preventing COVID-19 deaths by randomized trials

Although results of an observational study, such as this one, need to be interpreted with caution, as done by the authors [1], due to the potential of residual confounding or reverse causality (i.e., vitamin D insufficiency resulting from poor health status at baseline rather than vice versa), it appears extremely unlikely that such a strong association in this prospective cohort study could be explained this way, in particular as the authors had adjusted for age, sex and comorbidity as potential confounders in their multivariate analysis. There are also multiple plausible mechanisms that may well explain the observed associations, such as increased concentrations of pro-inflammatory cytokines, as well as decreased concentrations of anti-inflammatory cytokines in vitamin D insufficiency

If you have some knowledge of biology, cellular processes and the immune system, this should be common sense.

Everything in our body relies on macro and micronutrients to function. All of our cellular processes rely heavily on a few basic things. Vitamins, macronutrients, proteins, lipids, carbohydrates. And less heavily but still crucially to essential functioning, a variety of micronutrients, minerals, other vitamins and all the rest of the stuff our cells need to function, just in lower amounts.

These are the essential building blocks of our cells. Everything in our bodies relies on these things. Not least of all, our immune systems.

If our bodies lack these things, they lack the basic things they need to perform the functions that keep us alive.

Remember our bodies are made up of millions of independently functioning machines that require basic resources to operate.

The things we consume provide these, the best thing any of us can do to ensure we stay healthy is to make sure we're giving our bodies what we need to function at a fundamental cellular level.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Here's another one that was done in Spain, published in the New York Post.

When you do a search for Covid 19 and vitamin D, in DDG at least, there are sh!t tonnes of hits.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well then CDC is saying that 10 to 15k of deaths were actually directly from COVID and the rest had serious life threatening health problems already as the primary reason, so maybe the lack of Vitman D was because most were already in bad shape and in no position to get any sun for a good long while before hand.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I take 80 ug of D3 daily, perhaps that´s why I´ve not gotten any serious COVID case afaik.
Thanks for sharing.

-MM

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The vast majority of people in the US (which is the only place I really have reference data for) is lacking vitamin d. Black people have a severe deficiency here in the US and could account for the disproportionate effect on American blacks from COVID19.

I supplement vitamin d daily since I work indoors coupled with liposomal vitamin c.

Still haven't had COVID19 but that might be because I wouldn't have noticed anyway.
edit on 12 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Well then CDC is saying that 10 to 15k of deaths were actually directly from COVID and the rest had serious life threatening health problems already as the primary reason

They never said anything even close to that.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
A deficiency in vitamin D can lead to improper response of the immune system. They have known that for decades, they added vitamin D to milk for that reason. It is not only in milk for bone loss, I have read pertinent articles about vitamin D and the immunity relationship created in the sixties. Too much vitamin D can be dangerous too, levels have to be within a certain range.

There are many stages of vitamin D. The plant version is D2, animal meat version is D3. Calcidiol is what is formed after the liver converts it to a pre-hormone, and calcitriol is what the kidneys....and to a minor effect by other organs...creates out of the pre-hormone version. If the kidneys or liver are not working correctly, Vitamin D3 cannot be converted to the pre-hormone or the hormone and there are food chemistries that can lower the ability of the kidneys or liver to process the hormone. Statins also lower vitamin D levels, so if you are on them, it is advisable to take a supplement.

Human squalene sometimes referred to by a different name, is also reduced by statins. It is used to help the body deal with infections. Squalene is added to some of the new vaccines as an adjuvant, acquired from sharks. It is compatible with human squalene from what I read. It is being used as an adjuvant and is possibly safer than aluminum or mercury.

It is hard to know if you are deficient on vitamin D unless you get a test. I had one two years ago, it came out fine, but I consume foods that have adequate amounts of it and I do not have genetic snps like the wife has that lessen the creation of the active form. I still take a small supplement, she takes a bigger one and gets it tested every year and with her D3 supplement she is fine. Her genetics makes it harder to convert D2 to D3 I guess, so she either has to eat foods containing D3 or take a supplement. I can supposedly take it out of plants and convert it, but age takes a toll on that process too, I am now sixty five so I take a small supplement. I also don't get viruses have me get very sick, I think D3 protects us from many viruses, not just covid.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Well then CDC is saying that 10 to 15k of deaths were actually directly from COVID and the rest had serious life threatening health problems already as the primary reason

They never said anything even close to that.

Well, they did say (this is just according to their website) that, "For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned."

That would imply that of the 236,232 deaths, only about 14,000 would be directly from covid.

Seems sort of close.

Comorbidities

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
Seems sort of close.

Comorbidities

And totally not what it means.

Viruses cause Comorbidities

But it's important to understand that some of the comorbidities listed are actually downstream effects of COVID-19—meaning they are symptoms. For example, respiratory failure. Someone could have on their death certificate that they died of both COVID and respiratory failure, but that probably means that COVID-19 caused the respiratory failure, which caused them to die. It's impossible for us to know the individual scenarios from death certificates, but the prevalence of respiratory factors [in the CDC findings] are consistent with being downstream conditions.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Poster is one of those "follow the SCIENCE" folks until it says what he doesn't like.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Not necessarily.

If my dad gets it and dies of cardiac issues, it's because he already has congestive heart failure, not because COVID in and of itself is severe enough to kill most people, just that it can and does pick off people who already have illnesses they are already battling.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We all know that covid isn't deadly for most people. Let us fast forward to the present times now.

fOlLoW tHe ScIeNcE! Viruses DO NOT kill people, the comorbidities do. No one has ever died from a virus alone. AIDS is 100% fatal, yet you can live a long and healthy life so long as you don't catch something else. A death certificate from an AIDS victim would probably list something along the lines of:

AIDS
Influenza
Respiratory failure

aIdS dOeSnT kIlL pEoPlE!

Rabies, 100% fatal. But the organ failures will also be listed as that's what killed them, not the virus.

What if your dad caught it, he died (god forbid), and his certificate listed covid, respiratory failure, and cardiac arrest? Did he die from the virus?

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If everyone supplemented vitamin D the medical profession
would go broke have a heart.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Obesity is also a major player but you can't talk about that.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

No one said that either. What was said is that the true numbers of those killed by the virus alone are far lower than the numbers attributed to it.

I get it though. You have your fingers shoved in your ears REEEEEEings at the top of your lungs because you so desperately have to believe this has all been worth it.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Of course not, they've shut down gyms and sports because they're uniquely dangerous to you.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I study way more than vitamins and minerals. I study lots of different food and metabolic chemistries. They want us to focus only on the things they feel we should focus on. I learned about ten years ago you focus on metabolics and inhibitors and promoters of enzymes. Many enzymes are formed from minerals though. Vitamin D deficiency is not good, but it only partially protects people from this virus going covid. The chemicals they add to or use in processing our foods is also involved, but there are too many of them to research, and they are not all required to be listed on labels or on fresh produce.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I think the biggest cause of general ill health, is down to essential minerals, the plants are forced and don't have the time to bring them up from the soil, you can see a healthy plant getting all it needs doesn't need chemicals to get it to maturity. This means people are getting starved of these nutrients as well as low vitamin D.Wherever plants are grown in seaweed the people eating them live longer and healthier.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I think the biggest cause of general ill health, is down to essential minerals, the plants are forced and don't have the time to bring them up from the soil, you can see a healthy plant getting all it needs doesn't need chemicals to get it to maturity. This means people are getting starved of these nutrients as well as low vitamin D.Wherever plants are grown in seaweed the people eating them live longer and healthier.

The soils they are using to grow things are depleted of minerals from over farming. So they add Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium furtilizer and the plants grow big but have little minerals. Cow manure contains lots of minerals, but also a lot of toxins from chemicals used in excess to grow their foods. They can lime the soil to make the minerals more available, but only so many times and all the nutrients disappear. Many fields are at that point in America. You can taste the difference in commercial veggies that have come out of new fields, they are tastier...but when you get a good batch at the store, two days later that crate of greenbeans is gone and the next might come from an old field, or there might be some good green beans mixed in with depleted green beans in the same batch. The store here orders a crate when they have a sale, if we use them right away and they are good we go get more. Same with corn on the cob, usually a crate will all be from the same farm...go back that day and buy more if they taste good and nutritious.

Commercial produce coming out of California usually is of poor nutrition and chemicals are added to keep it fresh looking, chemicals that can inhibit proper digestion. We usually buy our green beans locally and blanch and freeze them, they are much better from the farmers markets, the soils around here seem to be decent on little farms that do things naturally. Also, the organic fields there are certified if they are free of chemicals for five years. The chemicals sprayed on them for the last fifty years often have a half life of twenty five to fifty years. So I am not enthused with even the organic veggies coming out of California since most organic fields are made from old commercial fields there.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
There are two tests for Vit d.

The problem is the test doctors use is a bad test.

I test low for 25 D if given the common test that most doctors use.

But if tested for 1.25 D (metabolically active form of vitamin D).I test high to dangerously high.

WHY I have Sarcoidosis.

If I take Vit D supplements it can cause kidney stones or worse renal failure.

Since i do not want to go on dialysis i can not take Vit D supplements.

Everyone with kidney stones should be tested for 1,25 D as about 40% of those with Sarcoidosis have no symptoms of Sarcoidosis.

since i have levels of 1.25 D i am still dead if i get covid.
edit on 2-12-2020 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join