It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Garbage man is spying on your trash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I was todays year old when I learned this.

www.aclu.org...#:~:text=Garbage%20trucks%20scan%20 the%20chips,coming%20out%20of%20each%20container.

A growing number of cities in the United States are installing RFID chips in trash cans and recycling bins in order to bring computer technology to bear on the problem of ensuring compliance with recycling regulations.

It goes further, some garbage trucks will weigh and look at your garbage and charge you more.
I wonder if that is why my bill was slightly higher!!
When they say cameras are everywhere they really mean it.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Creating green new jobs for the more challenged uneducated lefty. We all need dumb people to monitor our trash for us lol. I try not to sort cause I know some poor dem unable to do anything else is sorting that trash and if I recycle his job could be at risk. Its the whole premise of the green new deal helping morons find a place in the world where otherwise they are to dumb to do anything else.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
Creating green new jobs for the more challenged uneducated lefty. We all need dumb people to monitor our trash for us lol. I try not to sort cause I know some poor dem unable to do anything else is sorting that trash and if I recycle his job could be at risk. Its the whole premise of the green new deal helping morons find a place in the world where otherwise they are to dumb to do anything else.

I think it is just a way to charge people more.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Where I live you get a regular trash bin and a recycle bin. Everything then gets mixed together when it's dumped into the same truck. LOL

Did you know we used to sell our recycle crap to China? Know what's halfway between the US and China? Could be that Texas sized floating garbage dump.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Up here the garbage company wants us to do more and more of what we pay them to do, all the while upping the price. We are up to 3 different color bags now, that all go into the same stupid truck, and smooshed together. So stupid.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Up here the garbage company wants us to do more and more of what we pay them to do, all the while upping the price. We are up to 3 different color bags now, that all go into the same stupid truck, and smooshed together. So stupid.

Is it separated in the truck at all, if not that is stuupid!

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I am no garbage truck expert, but I mean they toss all the bags into the back of the same truck. Then thy pull a lever that smooshes it all together as far as I know.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The township gave us big recycle bins, but most times we only have a paper grocery bag of stuff that can be recycled each week and I don't drag that extra big recycle bin down to the road every week, just the cart with a bag of papers. We wash cans and squash the little plastic to put in the big covered recycle can and I will drag that down about once a month in the winter. I have three hundred feet of driveway to haul it down in the winter, I don't want to make two trips up and two trips down every week. One paper grocery bag takes care of most all the recycables every week. I sure hope that I don't have a chip in the can, I will have to cut it down and put it on a stick down by the road if they get that technology. I see others are taking this approach too, it is not only me. In the summer no problem, the wife can drag one of the carts down to the road on garbage day.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The city I live in has recently become very fussy about what you can and can't bring directly to the city dump.

When I loaded and transported a load myself to dump myself I was informed that I had to take it back home... put it on the curb, call and make an appointment for a truck to come pick it up that then goes and drops it at the dump. The same place I was at with my car loaded and ready to dump for them.

It was the dumbest sh1t I'd encountered with the city so far.

I even quizzed the guy at the dump who gave me that instruction and said "You know I'm doing all the work for you here and saving you man hours and employee liability" ... he just had a look of dejection, shook his head, and said "I understand."

Clearly this is the workings of some bureaucratic douche in an office who has never lifted a finger to do anything himself. Getting paid to overthink and overcomplicate situations between his morning coffee and his delivered Jimmy Johns sub.

As far as monitoring what's in our cans... I don't see that happening anytime soon around here. The trash truck driver is a friggin' maniac and must be paid by "cans dumped per hour."

Nobody is looking at what's in there until it's WAAAAY down the chain.

edit on 21-11-2020 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If they spy on my garbage they will be sorely disappointed. Empty bottles, leftover takeout, and used unmentionables.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Dumbass people be throwing away some good shh!!+.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The people in this thread with the companies moxing the garbage and recycling should probably try to get some funding and take over the business in their area. Definite money to be made trouncing such terribly run businesses!

Here we get a huge garbage bin and a huge recycling bin. All the recycling gets sorted at the recycling center. The plastic is worthless, but mostly recycled through foundations who turnit into park benches, playground equipment, etc., using donated money.

Glass, metal and paper actually all bring value (profit) for recyclers.

I won't recycle things which require a lot of washing. Scrubbing a jar of peanut butter clean for recycling isn't worth the water it takes to do so.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up!

Despite being mandated to recycle it's literally been years since a separate truck's been seen. What was happening was same as mentioned. Everything tossed into the regular garbage truck.

Because of the direction things are headed in (plus lazy) I gave up and do my damnedest to avoid anything in glass or metal containers. Because the current garbage company refuses recyclables in clear plastic bags, they want it loose in an open tote, I gave up. The raccoon's an possums play havoc with it the night you put it out.

The thick plastic packaging still gives me fits, but it's pretty much worth the time to cut it up small to get more trash into one bag. Other communities around me make you take glass separately to a central site. More PITA.

I get that even trash companies have to streamline, go lean, because even for them it's expensive to get rid of our crap but there has to be an easier way. Us washing and practically gift wrapping our refuse is about insane.

...And yes I know my real beef is with how companies package their product.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Our bins are picked up by arms, into a top loaded truck, so in our case, it does go in differing compartments. I did get bitched out once for wrong material in wrong bin.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

We are lucky if we can get ours picked up once a fortnight or even if bin men give you your bin back within 100 feet of the property. LoL

Put a camera in my bin, any colour, and the only thing its apt to capture is pigeons and squirrels trying to get in for a munch. LoL

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I alway give my bins a good kick..tell the rats it's time to get out

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I forgot about they wee bastards.

Used to go down to the bins at night, you would open the lid, and the rats would jump out and run all over your feet and past your legs.

The place we lived at the time was and still is infested with them all the same.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I forgot about they wee bastards.

Used to go down to the bins at night, you would open the lid, and the rats would jump out and run all over your feet and past your legs.

The place we lived at the time was and still is infested with them all the same.

Yes, it gets exciting when that happens, especially when they bounce off your chest, on the way out

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Oh man, im glad we moved. LoL

Still get the odd one here all the same, but there, not all team handed. LoL

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I was todays year old when I learned this.

www.aclu.org...#:~:text=Garbage%20trucks%20scan%20 the%20chips,coming%20out%20of%20each%20container.

A growing number of cities in the United States are installing RFID chips in trash cans and recycling bins in order to bring computer technology to bear on the problem of ensuring compliance with recycling regulations.

It goes further, some garbage trucks will weigh and look at your garbage and charge you more.
I wonder if that is why my bill was slightly higher!!
When they say cameras are everywhere they really mean it.

So, use a communal bin.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join