It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 60 percent of business closures are now permanent, new Yelp data shows

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well with all the talk of new closures and lockdowns coming on the horizon, Yelp's just released it's latest data about business closures. It's pretty grim.

60% of all businesses shut down across the United States have permanently shutdown. Nearly 100,000 businesses.

That's a huge amount of income and jobs, just never to come back. A massive amount of economic loss, the loss of people's livlihoods, the things that provide food, water and shelter to people.

The cure should not be worse than the disease.

www.nbcnews.com...

Yelp on Wednesday released its latest Economic Average Report, revealing business closures across the U.S. are increasing as a result of the coronavirus pandemic’s economic toll.

As of Aug. 31, 163,735 businesses have indicated on Yelp that they have closed, a 23 percent increase since mid-July.

Yelp also measures businesses whose closures have become permanent. That number has steadily increased over the past six months, now reaching 97,966, representing 60 percent of closed businesses that won’t be reopening.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Not a surprise,between the botched job with the first stimulus, the democrats rejecting anymore in case it would help trump in the polls, and the lockdown no lockdown game I expect that number to soar when biden tries to slap a 6 week lockdown in conjunction with a tax increase.
edit on 18-11-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yelp uses crowd-sourced "data". I would not trust Yelp for indicators

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

When I wrote this thread back in April I was told I was just being way too negative. Yeah, okay. The full damage has yet to be felt.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well expect four years of Biden blaming Trump. What a mess....but how can one stop this mess in the globalist environment we have created/allowed.

Peeps want peaches in december ya know.

Shoulda let this burned through the population IMO.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Would you all please just calm down! The Great Reset will be coming just in time to pick all of us back up! All hail our global overlords.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Heh, that was interesting going back and reading that, but a bit depressing seeing just how things have played out since then and honestly seem to be getting even more dire than your prediction. If anything, you were too hopeful and positive.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Heh, that was interesting going back and reading that, but a bit depressing seeing just how things have played out since then and honestly seem to be getting even more dire than your prediction. If anything, you were too hopeful and positive.

Yeah, you can't keep dicking around with a $21trillion economy and not expect massive fallout and ramifications.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Tech corporations have done better than ever, and media pushed for these measures.

Those companies and their executives should pay for the recovery.

link   
Because of course they are!

American Dream?

So 20th century....

link   
Another ten percent of businesses here in Michigan will have to permanently close after the governor runs her fear mongering mind control scam to punish the citizens of the state here for not contacting the Republican state congressmen and lashing out at them.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When I wrote this thread back in April I was told I was just being way too negative. Yeah, okay. The full damage has yet to be felt.

I seem to remember you and Grambler banging that drum fairly loudly

I re-read it and yes I remember I agreed with you then and I agree with you now, even posted my dire predictions then and they weren't dire enough.

PS. do you need a personal assistant? I can sleep in the garage and get a Flobee from eBay for your haircuts, see I'm saving you money already. Let me know where to forward my resume.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

LOL, no, I'm back to getting my moderately priced haircuts.

For now.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Tech corporations have done better than ever, and media pushed for these measures.

Those companies and their executives should pay for the recovery.

Wasn't the Deutsch bank suggesting that home workers should pay 5 % more tax?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Raising taxes will stop the whole problem 😎

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Like I said elsewhere

I'm not worried we got Joey Green Jobs on it. He will get the economy going stronger than ever, right after COVID, another lockdown, and continuing business restrictions through 2021 then hopefully he can start on the economy.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Oh pffft, who needs a job to pay their way through life, we need everyone to capitulate and hide under their beds, for the good of, uh, At-Risk people like me, who evidently matter more than someone else keeping a roof over their head.

In case it wasn't blatantly obvious, I'm sick of, disgusted by, and staunchly against that #. Spock was right -- the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few here. I'm one of those "few" being used to virtue signal, and it's still a rather ethical summary. I DON'T matter more than the next 20 unemployed just because I'm a wee bit more vulnerable.

edit on 11/18/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/18/2020 by Nyiah because: Even autocorrect wants to touch on the cultivated stigmatization here.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Was that the thread where everyone bitched at you about the $50 haircuts?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
Was that the thread where everyone bitched at you about the $50 haircuts?

Yeah, and not me dropping 6 grand on airfare a month.

edit on 18-11-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

When all that funny money looses momentum, its going to be historic.

Domino effect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join