It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife got the covid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I've never been scared of this virus. I only wear a mask because my job requires it, and I don't want to listen to the sheep scream I don't have it on.
My wife works as a social worker in a local nursing facility. She gets tested weekly. She had a full covid test done at work on Tuesday of last week. Wednesday she came home from work at lunch complaining of feeling like she had been beaten, just sore all over. No fever. She started getting a slight cough throughout the day wednesday. She woke up on Thursday still feeling sore all over, and was having some cold chills. Mid morning Thursday, she decided to go have a rapid test done. It came back positive for the virus. She immediately called me at work, and my work asked me to leave the client, and quarantine at home for safety. On the way home, I stopped by and got a rapid test as well, which came back negative. I was feeling fine. Later that evening on Thursday, she got her test results back from the full test they do weekly at work, and it showed Negative. So to us, she must have been exposed after her test on Tuesday. Remember she woke up somewhat sore Wednesday morning.

So it's now it's about 6 days since she started experiencing some symptoms, still has had no fever. Still feels about the same. Soreness, headaches come and go, very slight cough, loss of taste and smell.

The kids and I have been staying in a different part of the house, and we all still feel fine so far. We are supposed to go be full tested sometime today.

Saying all that to say this. Apparently FEVER is not a tell-all sign of covid. Seems everywhere wants to check fevers before you come in.

Anyways, everyone stay safe, and I'm still not afraid of a virus that has over 95% recovery.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Best wishes for best of health to everyone in your family.

Thank you for the first hand report.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Hope you all come through it OK.

Just stay the course, it only usually lasts two weeks or so and it sounds like you are doing things right.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

They say if you are going to have real problems with it, you'll know in about 7 to 10 days which is when the real breathing issues set in.

It sounds like hopefully you're about past that crux.

Good luck and our thoughts are with you.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

My thoughts are with you and your family.

As someone who has now firsthand experienced the wuflu, do you feel it was worth shutting down the world’s economy, repeatedly, for?

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Best wishes to you and your family from over the Pond.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, I has this corvid-19 the last week in January and the breathing trouble started on day 2, the entire flu lasted 3-5 weeks subsiding each day . I kind of wonder if the corvid-19 muted into something less now. my wife didn't contract from me at all , I think she most likely has immunity to corvid-19. her answer was that she had been living in a live petri-dish for 30 years in the classroom . teaching U.S students as well as foreign students from around the word. I will never forget that cough , worst I ever had.
edit on 16-11-2020 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Your wife will be ok , appears to be very mild in her case. The exhaustion is a big giveaway, take care. rest is so important i cant stress that enough. don't do like I did trying to repair a vacuum cleaner . LOL

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My sister and her husband had it a few weeks ago. She is a nurse and he is retired, working on becoming a professional drinker. But they had mild symptoms, lost taste, felt less than 100%, sister slept most of a day, then both got over it quite well after about a week and a few days. Hydrate, and rest. (no charge for that house call)

hope you and the missus have it that easy.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I appreciate all the well wishes everyone! I'm hoping we have seen the worst of china virus.

Thanks also for the info on the cases you are aware of. I will try to continue to update as needed.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

As someone who has now firsthand experienced the wuflu, do you feel it was worth shutting down the world’s economy, repeatedly, for?

I still feel this is not something that there needs to be any shutdowns over. I can't help but to think there are political motivations behind the shutdowns, at least in the US.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. Had a feeling you’d say that.

I think the timing of Trump getting it was planned. To show the world it was not worth all the hubbub.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
My sons girl ( teacher got it lasted about 8 days about the same as what people are saying .she did go to hospital for a day .
My room mate Probly had it 5 days just fever and tired BUt by the time we Both went and tested he was already over it enough o come back not as for me I mite just mite have had a fever for a few hours .

was in AZ teh last year every one waring mask numbers staying low .Back In fl now my god these people don't care at all no wonder Fl has such high numbers .

Mask wont stop it every one knows that But it does make it harder to get it AZ went from 3,500 a day down to 600 a day once mask became mandatory and 95 % complied now it is going back Up very very slowly at around 1,600 a day while fl dropped down to 2000 then went back to 10,000 k a day now .

I dont understand why waring a mask is such a big thing for some people but I KNOW for a FACT THE LOCKDOWNS caused by not caring ARE a Big deal for every one .

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Good luck to you and your family, I hope she recovers quickly. What you must wonder if Covid is so contagious why haven't you and the kids got it as well as your wife must have been "active" days before.
If you want to run a test, test for anti-bodies for all of you as it might show you and the kids have had it without showing any "symptoms".

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Wednesday she came home from work at lunch complaining of feeling like she had been beaten, just sore all over. No fever. She started getting a slight cough throughout the day wednesday. She woke up on Thursday still feeling sore all over, and was having some cold chills.

You do realize these are all classic symptoms of the (real) flu, right? With the flu, many people get a fever, but not everyone. I put real in () because many people mistake a cold for the flu. The real flu can totally kick your ass for a week or two.

Mid morning Thursday, she decided to go have a rapid test done. It came back positive for the virus. She immediately called me at work, and my work asked me to leave the client, and quarantine at home for safety. On the way home, I stopped by and got a rapid test as well, which came back negative. I was feeling fine. Later that evening on Thursday, she got her test results back from the full test they do weekly at work, and it showed Negative. So to us, she must have been exposed after her test on Tuesday. Remember she woke up somewhat sore Wednesday morning.

Or, the tests are just as reliable as all of those in the know have been saying.

So it's now it's about 6 days since she started experiencing some symptoms, still has had no fever. Still feels about the same. Soreness, headaches come and go, very slight cough, loss of taste and smell.

Contrary to what some have said, loss of taste and smell can also occur with the flu.

Saying all that to say this. Apparently FEVER is not a tell-all sign of covid. Seems everywhere wants to check fevers before you come in.

Same as for flu.

Anyways, everyone stay safe, and I'm still not afraid of a virus that has over 95% recovery.

99.99 for those not in the high risk category.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Best wishes for you and your family.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Wishing you and yours good health.

Tell your wife...

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I would imagine loss of taste and smell is very subjective.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Hard call to make. Some people have it really extreme; even leading to death. While others get the very mild version; no death just a lot of sickness. I had it but the mild version. Wouldn't want it again though.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Are you and your family taking supplements? Vit D c E Zinc etc?

Are you in the Area of the world were you can be exposed to UVB? Get some natural Sunlight generating the skins chemical reactions.

Do you have any knowledge of a protocol in your local area using the HCQ or Ivermectin?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join