It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer says early analysis shows its Covid-19 vaccine is more than 90% effective

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I know I've been running around ruffling feathers and laughing about the meme election...

But the timing of this vaccine announcement and the markets response is a little convenient to say the least.

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
a reply to: vonclod You ask a great question. Right now, the US FDA is studying the Pfizer preliminary vaccine test results. Even for emergency use authorization, the FDA must certify the safety of any COVID-19 vaccine. I'd say it's a 50/50 likelihood that any such vaccine will have to be given each year, like the flu shot. Time will tell. That type of information is not available from a preliminary vaccine trial.

I ask because, it would seem that people who have recovered, the antibodies don't appear to stick around very long, I have read 3-4 months. And how well can this vaccine target the virus as it has mutated and continues to.

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I hope this is legit and works!

Pfizer is the big shot in the pharmacy world, number one. I've been to all the major pharmacies as an IT guy but never Pfizer in New York City. It’s a major corporation in the world.

These pharmaceuticals are powerful, and they’re like a world in themselves—big giant complexes with many buildings and like a small city inside the plants.

It may be no coincidence the number one pharmacy in the world got the vaccine.

Although Vaccines aren't the only answer, let's hope it will help eliminate this disease

link

Thank you President Biden!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The vaccine safeness announcement was ready in October, but withheld until after the US election.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There is no way I'm letting them inject me with an Mrna vax! They have been playing around with these for 20 years, especially in cancer treatment research. There is a reason why it has never been used before!
They know the 'messenger' in the vaccine can deliver a coding to the cells to make it do something, or trick it into making a certain protein. What they still do not know is 'why' it works.
In other words, they see a result and have no idea how they got to it...

The whole thing sounds to 'nanoprobisch' lol.

In my country less then half of the population wants the vaccine, so last week some politicians suggested to just pay people for getting it...

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

the vaccine doesn't target the virus.
That's the beauty of the mnra vaccines, they send a message to the cell, encoding it to make proteins (which is basically your immune system)
the vaccine tricks your cells in putting up a defense against the virus before you get it.
Normally you should first come into contact with the virus before your cells make defense.

edit on 9-11-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: typos

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The antibodies might go away but some T cells might stay. Even if not the body might remember the enemy and recognize it early on during the infection instead of days or weeks later when it's too late.
edit on 9-11-2020 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yeah , Come take the Poison Sheeple , Your Time is Short.............

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle

the vaccine doesn't target the virus.
That's the beauty of the mnra vaccines, they send a message to the cell, encoding it to make proteins (which is basically your immune system)
the vaccine tricks your cells in putting up a defense against the virus before you get it.
Normally you should first come into contact with the virus before your cells make defense.

Ahh..thank you for that!

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This injection isn't what people think it is.

Everyone speaks about it in terms of the RNA not being able to change DNA. Yes it can, and does.

This is probably either one step closer to being, or is itself, the mark of the beast, which is also a scratch.

If this is mandated that you can't buy or sell without this, or that you can't own a business of operate your trade, then LOOK OUT. Jesus is coming. Get ready and prepare. Please forsake sin and turn to Jesus now, even if you fall, he'll pick you up if your heart is true!

There is NOT much time left, I have been getting these urgings all the time. To share how late the hour is, I stumble too, but Christ is faithful. Please repent!

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
Interesting Democrats don't want it released until more people have died, oops, until Biden is sworn in as President.

I would expect you lot to believe that. The reason many people are uncomfortable is that IF it was released now (it won't be. Just getting the required freezers in place is no small thing) it would be up to the Trump Administration to manage the distribution. And the Trump Administration has repeatedly shown that it is incapable of managing anything. They are incompetent and complacent and staffed by idiots.

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yeah , Come take the Poison Sheeple , Your Time is Short.............

Wait, hasn't Trump been pushing the vaccine for months? So now it's a bad thing cause he lost?

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

The antibodies might go away but some T cells might stay. Even if not the body might remember the enemy and recognize it early on during the infection instead of days or weeks later when it's too late.

Ok, thank you for that

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Meanwhile we find out the other 10 odd % or so died...

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: The2Billies

I asked if he thought it was worth it. He said during those 5 hours if you had asked him he would have said no. But by the next afternoon, 24 hours after getting the 2nd shot (when we talked to him) he said absolutely yes.

Did you ask your friend why they thought it was worth it? Is your friend part of an at risk age group? Does your friend have an underlying medical condition?

What makes it worth it?

Yes I asked him if it was worth it.

Yes he is at an at risk age group.

No he doesn't have an underlying medical condition.

He said it was worth it to protect him from getting COVID or having to worry about getting it.

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: The2Billies

Interesting Democrats don't want it released until more people have died, oops, until Biden is sworn in as President.

"The Democrats" can't release the Pfizer vaccine because it isn't ready yet, it still has more trials to pass.
Also, Pfizer has publicly denounced politics when it comes to their vaccine.

Riiggghhhttt

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: The2Billies

I would expect you lot to believe that. The reason many people are uncomfortable is that IF it was released now (it won't be. Just getting the required freezers in place is no small thing) it would be up to the Trump Administration to manage the distribution. And the Trump Administration has repeatedly shown that it is incapable of managing anything. They are incompetent and complacent and staffed by idiots.

Just what I expect from someone with TDS.

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Being anti-vaccine is NOT a partisan issue. As the above poster reminds us, Trump was pushing a vaccine when he thought it would help his reelection.

As for me, I have never had a vaccine in my adult life, but it doesn’t mean I wouldn't take one. I am an alternative health person advocate but am not dogmatically against conventional medicine.

I believe in a healthy dose of both alternative and conventional medicine is the wise approach

100 thousand positive cases a day in America is dangerous, so anything we can get is helpful.

America is number one in a lot of things but being number one in this virus is not a good thing

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I thought Russia had/has a working vaccine, what happened to that??? I don't have much time to keep up with things like that so, perhaps I missed something.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Isn’t it an mRNA vaccine, one of the first of its kind like Moderna. Phase 3 trials are huge with this, if it works we have the potential to cure anything, at least in 1st world nations. The storage requirements for RNA are not practical in 3rd world nations due to how cold these novel vaccines require temp wise.

What these things do, is they specifically target SARS-CoV-2 in a unique way. You were kind of backwards with what you said but I think I get where you’re coming from. mRNA or messenger RNA is a precursor to protein production in cells, it is unique because it only contains exons and associated genetic material from pre-mRNA or DNA and encodes for specific viral proteins that will be constructed through ribosomes or protein factories and presented or excreted from the cell. They basically give your cells the ability to produce portions of viral spike protein and your th1 immune response will target it after innate defenses sound the alarm for abnormal protein. It should be stable and give you humoral immunity. The only drawback is immune enhancement and autoimmune disease with these types of vaccines. Your immune system may decide to attack its own tissue after the elimination of abnormal proteins.

I think the Russian one is adenovirus based, basically they take a non human disease, throw a SARS spike protein on there and it’s good to go without the ability to infect your cells with limited or no growth. Good thing with these attenuated and adjuvant type vaccines is a more balanced approach to th1 and th2 responses. Cell based and humoral. Problem is each pathogen is different, SARS-CoV-2 specifically targets clotting factors, inflammatory responses, fluid management and limits innate responses and to get an advantage. So the vaccine needs to take that into account or someone could get sick and have their immune response amplify viral signaling and could do more damage. It’s a pain in the butt.

mRNA vaccines can potentially cure every pathogen on the planet. That’s why this is so huge, including cancers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join