It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists can’t explain Puzzling Lack of Coronavirus Outbreaks in Africa

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This story seems to open many other areas for question as this doesn't explain the social distancing aspect of what we are being told along with wearing a mask. So just where is Dr. Fauci taking us. Hell? The African COVID-19 situation also leads to support a potential conspiracy that said COVID-19 may have possibly be actually have been developed by man and released to target certain races throughout the world but that's another thread for another day as guess who is the largest investor country in Africa today.

So actually this is strange indeed as all over the world "experts" predicted that Africa would be wiped out via COVID-19.

Then again, there is this background information dated [May 18, 2020] :

India sends hydroxychloroquine to Africa in war on coronavirus

Here's some more from South Africa. The story was released today; 09Sep2020

'Surge is over' — Zweli Mkhize hints SA may move to level 1 in a few days

Any thoughts? Several other threads were launched on the above back in April 2020.

New York Post

But scientists who are studying the pandemic have also identified another surprise of the pandemic. Some expected the African continent to be affected most heavily by the virus, but that wasn’t the case. South Africa stands out when it comes to the number of total cases, with nearly 631,000 infections. But fewer than 15,000 people have died of COVID-19. These figures are puzzling scientists looking to understand how the virus behaves and how it can be beaten.

edit on 9-9-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 9-9-2020 by Waterglass because: added date

edit on 9-9-2020 by Waterglass because: added lonk

edit on 9-9-2020 by Waterglass because: added

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

This story seems to open many other areas for question as this doesn't explain the social distancing aspect of what we are being told along with wearing a mask. So just where is Dr. Fauci taking us. Hell? The African COVID-19 situation also leads to support a potential conspiracy that said COVID-19 may have possibly be actually have been developed by man and released to target certain races throughout the world but that's another thread for another day as guess who is the largest investor country in Africa today.

So actually this is strange indeed as all over the world "experts" predicted that Africa would be wiped out via COVID-19.

Any thoughts? Several other threads were launched on the above back in April 2020.

New York Post

But scientists who are studying the pandemic have also identified another surprise of the pandemic. Some expected the African continent to be affected most heavily by the virus, but that wasn’t the case. South Africa stands out when it comes to the number of total cases, with nearly 631,000 infections. But fewer than 15,000 people have died of COVID-19. These figures are puzzling scientists looking to understand how the virus behaves and how it can be beaten.

The experts here in the US tell us that COVID targets black people, I'm so confused. COVID must be able to discern between American blacks and "real" African blacks.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think it less likely Africa has less cases and more likely they haven't the capacity in most countries in Africa to test

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This has puzzled me too. Places like Africa and India should have more cases and more deaths. Social distancing in some of these places is not possible and certain places in Africa do not even have running water.

It's been my unsubstantiated theory a COVID vaccine has been put in other vaccines and distributed to countries other than Europe and the US.

I read an article on Zero Hedge about pool parties in Wuhan and it ended with the words "like they have already been vaccinated".

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Excellent point as I totally forgot about that. It also leaked into the BLM stuff protests as yes the USA press was saying that it was disproportionately attacking blacks here in USA because they are poor, cannot social distance or eat well and on and on and on.

The above all seems to be all media hogwash when you look at what is happening to Africa on COVID-19.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Regarding the number of deaths, few functional civil registration services and thus statistics exist on the continent, raising questions about the reliability of mortality data.

Link

It’s Africa.

It’d be crazy to assume a place like Africa would give you accurate numbers on something like this. Even so, this will no doubt be used as a talking point by everyone who wants to believe a pandemic that happened out of flu season killing 200,000+ isn’t a big deal.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I'm so confused.

COVID effects minorities more because people of a lower socioeconomic status have less access to healthcare. Not because of some BS genetic difference.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It is probably because of the fact that many people in Africa use anti malaria medicine like hydroxy chloroquine but also nivaquine and paludrine. So if these other brands have similar ingredients like there are in chloroquine, chances are they were pro actively protected.

edit on 9-9-2020 by 2Faced because: Tayata Om, Bekandze Bekandze, Maha Bekandze, Radza Samugadte Soha...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yes, but it is what it is and someone would have leaked a story about mass deaths, etc. Just like in the past. But it has not happened.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Are you sure about that? Or is that just an assumption made to reinforce what you want to think?

Sounds like conclusion shopping to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Remember this story?

Dr. Fauci Tells Will Smith Why African Americans Are Greatly Impacted By COVID-19

Consider me confused as something just doesn't add up here.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

This is all fact based information. Type up and read the speech given by the South African "Dr. Fauci"

FULL SPEECH: Health Minister Zweli Mkhize briefs Parliament on Covid-19 impact on SA

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I'm so confused.

COVID effects minorities more because people of a lower socioeconomic status have less access to healthcare. Not because of some BS genetic difference.

So why would it affect "minorities"? Wouldn't it disproportionately affect "POOR" people? Are you suggesting that only minorities are poor? I'm still confused.

link   
Africans be like:

"Oh no, I'm coughing. At least I'm not bleeding out every orifice."

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

COVID19 does disproportionately affect black people and people with darker skin. The reason is vitamin D absorption. Black and brown people tend to be deficient already.

This wouldn't be an issue at all if D3 supplements were used.

www.thedailybeast.com...

elemental.medium.com...

If you're black or dark skinned in general, your D3 absorption is critically low. 75% of the US is considered deficient in vitamin D regardless of skin color. Being black or brown makes it harder for your skin to produce the D3 it needs.

Please supplement.

Edit:

To the poster who said black people are affected because they are poor; this is not a scientific position. Socioeconomic status does not appear to be the culprit. Vitamin D absorption seems to be it.

Please take off your stupid SJW hat.
edit on 9 9 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 9 9 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The answer is in the New York Post link. Though I don't think it's a hypothesis, it's more of a fact.

“It’s a hypothesis. Some level of pre-existing cross-protective immunity … might explain why the epidemic didn’t unfold [the way it did in other parts of the world],” Mahdi said. “The protection might be much more intense in highly populated areas, in African settings. It might explain why the majority [on the continent] have asymptomatic or mild infections.”

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Sort of what I was hinting at. In Africa, they already deal with so many different infections and nastier ones, that it may just be that their immune systems have this thing licked.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Gee, I wonder what could be causing this? Perhaps the fact that malaria is terrible in Africa, and a large portion of the population take Hydroxychlorquine has something to do with it?

Nahhhhh, that’s crazy talk. HCQ is deadly so I’ve been told, and is worthless in the fight against Coronavirus.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Numbers will go down with less testing.

Don't test people for cancer and nobody has cancer.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Numbers will go down with less testing.

Don't test people for cancer and nobody has cancer.

You mean in Africa if someone slips and falls in their bathtub, then they slipped and fell and it was an accidental death? They didn't fall onto some COVID like they do here?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join