It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are American kids going back to school now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
In this country kids even in daycare centers are back in the daycare centers and all the kids up to the 12th grade are going to school.
Most and maybe all universities still have online classes and attendanc
in person may vary from University to University.

so my question is if the kids in America are not going back to school this September what really is going on because it's it's crazy not to have the kids go back to school.

So what are your thoughts everyone?
edit on 0900000039182020-09-07T17:18:39-05:00183909pm5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0900000034202020-09-07T17:20:34-05:00203409pm5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I don't know. They're all in school around here but they go 2 days a week and online for Friday's. A - M go Mon and Wed while N - Z go Tue and Thus.
edit on 7-9-2020 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My daughter starts tomorrow but it is 100 percent online classes. Northern Washington state.

No on campus classes yet.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Our weans started back about 3 and a half weeks ago here in Sunny Glasgow.

Took about a fortnight before parents started to test positive with kids in the same class as my two.

And the result, weans back off school, COVID 19 test all round for me, the Mrs and kids, 96+ hours later, still have not had any results txt back to us, with Sturgeon now going on about an R rate of 1.4 in the nation.

My thoughts on the matter, it will be a # show, there won't be any social distancing, because its impossible with kids in a school environment, and you R rate will double inside of a month, probably a lot faster, dependant on the population density, class size and school numbers.

Good Luck.
edit on 7-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Canada here.
My grade 11 goes tomorrow to her highschool.
My grade 8 also goes to his school tomorrow, which is a grade 7 and 8 split school.
My grade 7, who also will be attending the 7/8 split school, will be having her first day on Wednesday.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

well there's been a few cases of kids coming down with the coronavirus they close to school down for 2 days disinfect the school and then they reopen it.
But I haven't heard or seen any fear in the parents' eyes and my wife actually deals with parents on a daily basis with that have children so I don't know Japan is very open and why the rest of the world might be closing down their schools or going couple days a week and then online hit them seems kind of strange to me but I guess each Nation as its own caution about sending their kids back to school.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

They are not even closing the schools or classes down here.

Headteacher has taken some amount of stick for the whole debacle.

Not her fault per-say as the way she explains matters, she cannot shut down the school or close classes, all she can do is pass along her opinions, up the chain of command to her superior, who then pass it along to the public health department to investigate.

All that's happening is that anyone who tests positive is ""advised"" to self-isolate and keep their kids off school for 12-14 days.

LIke i said complete and utter # show that will only end in further infection and tears.

Needs must all the same.

I just want my test back. LoL

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ours goes back full-time starting tomorrow. Middle and high school are in two days on, three days virtual at the moment.

They have contingencies for a spike in numbers, but our numbers have been steadily declining here since early August.

Parents do have the option to go virtual, but we chose not to. If we had gone that route, we would have opted for full home school. Why deal with a teacher middle man? The only reason we don't already is that he's so intensely social that he craves seeing the other kids.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Infection rate, infection rate, et al. How about the follow up to these so called explosions of infected rates? How many have died in these clusters? Infection rates are guaranteed to rise because the number of tested has risen and if everyone has isolated (the vast majority have) where do the singular infected come from to start of the clusters?

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Don't know if anyone has died as of yet with the cluster associated with our local primary.

But one Mans is in hospital, with his oxygen stats dropping rather worryingly, and has been informed he will have to enter into the high dependency unit unless they can get the virus/pathogen under control.

Another fellow directly linked to an outbreak at a local pharmaceutical company whos kids also attend the same educational establishment as my own, is in intensive care fighting for his life.

So not to tempt fate but looks like people are still dying from this disease, at least they are in Scotland.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
All good and back to school here in small town Michigan. Local watering hole has a pool going on how long it'll last. I'm in for October 9th before the governor shuts it all down.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

My understanding is that the pub's don't help matters where any sort of realistic social distancing is concerned nether.

And i love the place as much as the next fellow.

Show me a drunk that gives a feck, and i will show you 10, that could not give a rats arse.

Funnily enough, the amount of pubs that have reported COVID 19 outbreaks is also steadily on the rise here in the UK.

Darned if we do and darned if we don't really, what a predicament.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

My kid started her senior year in the first week of August.

No problems at her school but a football game was canceled because their opponent had a player test positive.
There is a rumor circulating that the volleyball game with that same school will be cancelled too.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Classes have already started here. First week was alternating days to get used to the "new normal" then back to regular attendance. Masks and hand sanitizer required, but social distancing not happening. Too many kids for 6 ft rule to even be viable.

Sounds like some parents are still keeping their kids home for online schooling, though I have no clue how that's going to work out. The last few months of school this last year were one thing, but the entire upcoming year of parents having to manage kids lessons?

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have no idea what you are talking about. My kids are in school. Although I live in a red state with a dem governor. The governor is crap the rest of the elected people are great. They went back to school last week no problems at all they have to wear masks. The masks on the kids are so adorable but it's all bs in the end. Like the CD admitted only 6% of all deaths are actually covid deaths. That's like 9000 people and they killed the world economy over it.

I for one wear a mask as my job requires it and most stores do as well. I am one of the people who is immune to everything I have no allergies I have no reactions to anything. I get a cold here and there but I'm not buying into the hype like others. It's a virus you will get over it or you won't. No reason to try and stop the world.

beers on me if you can make it here.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here in small town Tennessee.
My grands started last week but they are strictly online.

But they are already having to send kids home and Quarantine...

Here in Tennessee they are reporting about 1,500 new cases every day or maybe it was 2, but I think I read it was daily count.

I think its horse # to have pulled them in March when there were no cases here and now that everyone in our town is reporting sickness
That they want the kids in school..
edit on 05/07/18 by FreeFalling because: Context

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Teachers and administration are quitting education and looking for other jobs here in the mile high Rockies.

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 7-9-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
School started last Tuesday in Wisconsin. All the places are doing their own thing. In the town I live in, kids were given a choice of either all in person or all online, no in between. The vast majority of parents sent their kids back physically. In the next city over, they have a hybrid thing going on, some kids physically there half the time and the other half online. The local high school here had pics on Facebook, kids not social distancing at all, and most wearing masks, but some not. It’s all over the place and is a hot mess. People worried there will be another spike or they will have to start shutting down schools. Many schools have shortage of teachers because many do not to put themselves at risk. So some schools had to start late because of that, and the online learning is a cluster. Many problems. I feel badly for school age kids and their parents having to navigate this mess.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hillsborough county florida, USA kids are on their normal school schedule.80% of mine been for a week now. However any parent/student that chose to stay home and go online have been accomodated . more parents are sending their children back to school as they learn of the horrific lies that were forced on them through full spectrum terror Psy-op.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Chicago suburbs - parents were given the option, about 20% chose in-person school. We chose in-person, as home-schooling would mean a paralyzing reduction in our family income.

20% was typical of most school districts around here, and so one by one, they started calling it off, home-schooling only.

What pisses me off is many unemployed earned more money for months than they ever earned working. Many have jobs which are paying them fully to work from home. Those who cannot work from home, but have to stay home to manage the online school just can't work (but don't get unemployment.)

My wife works the one day a week that I'm home. Our expenses are up as we are so short on time that grocery delivery is almost a requirement.

Something needs to change.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join