It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Normalcy Bias in the New Normal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

There is no normal.

And there never has been.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Well.. "The" new normal is part of a decades long plan. It will be worse, and they use things like communism as the marketable, palatable face. Which says a lot about the true nature of the technocracy.

Theyve been very open about where this is all going, for years & years now. They just market it as a good thing and people buy it because the information ops rely eliminating any semblance of collective reality. 2020/2021 was always the period to watch.

Zero private property (not even cooking utensils), absolute central dependency of everything from information to food to medicine to science (the Monolith), and enforcement through "community led public safety systems," AI, biometrics, and robotics. Dissent will be eradicated in real time. If you question anything, you will be socially ostracized and your access to shelter, food, water, etc. will immediately be revoked.

We can already see the foundations for this being built openly this year.

To get people to accept this, particularly in the west, they need to destabilize and demonize the current system. At least.. To the point where the dystopian hellscape seems like an improvement over current circumstances. That part of the operation will begin in earnest this winter.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Agreed and starred.

I believe it may take a while to round up all the dissenters, by that time they will have to look hard to find my corpse, as I will likely die in the deep woods, probably due to my own folly.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

There is no normal.

And there never has been.

What is normal?

Having to define what the meaning of the word "is" is, under oath.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

So you left to pursue a career and your old school vision of the states is nostalgic compared to what you observe today.

I assume then you have a normalcy bias from your perspective as an expat, one that likely has changed due to the pandemic, but perhaps not. I'm sure some things have changed for you.

Oh yeah, there's been change. But for a long time I worked among other ex pat Americans, so we had a sort of common expectation of what was 'American normal' even as it was slipping away with each passing day. Pandemic certainly altered everyday modes of behavior; I'm getting used to keeping a mask in my pocket so I can enter food stores and such.

I noticed, over the years, when I went back on vacation, that some things had changed. It wasn't too much of a shock because most of my time was with family and old friends. But with the political conflict ramping up, I would really be a fish out of water if I had to move back today. That would be a stressful prospect, and it pains me to write that. I've remained a citizen precisely because my experience of living in other countries has made me more aware of certain things about life in the USA that are not present elsewhere.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It should be noted there is considerable resistance to the new normal, even our governess here in Michigan is starting to let up just a little. Not enough I'm afraid. Even this shows the strong draw of normalcy bias.

People want to go to bars, movie theaters, sport events, concerts, etc., many are resisting the shut downs and restrictions. Many are paying the price in many different ways and IMO many more will in the near future.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I think itll happen much, much more quickly than many imagine. Id give it an absolute maximum of 5 years, if their plans come to fruition. 2025 is their next milestone, and they expect to have the entire global system in place & stable by 2030.

They will probably tell the public that those like us are "peacefully living in communities outside the city" or something like that. But.. Control of that land is one of their main pillars.

I feel the possible alternate vision that I have would be a drastic improvement even without literal plans for world domination, including for the technocrats, but.. c'est la vie.

The Narrative is to either comply in totality, prep/bug out using obsolete paradigms, or violently fight back. Under no circumstances do they want anyone to figure out how to use modern tech to build a competing infrastructure. Particularly not one that would enable self-sufficiency and autonomy for everyone.

They have taken great care in making sure that things like automation are viewed exclusively in terms of corporate implementation and requiring vast resources to utilize.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Whats "normal"? There was a time when peeps used to duel over a card came. There was a time when the government used to pay for Indian scalps. Hell, peeps used to be able to buy other humans at the local market.

Times is a changin!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Whats "normal"? There was a time when peeps used to duel over a card came. There was a time when the government used to pay for Indian scalps. Hell, peeps used to be able to buy other humans at the local market.

Times is a changin!!!!

If that change is to legitimize "keep your mouth covered, eyes down and don't argue or else, comrade" then it's just not worth it to go along with -- obedience has it's threshold, otherwise pet dogs would silently & stoically take their cruel owners' beatings like good boys, too. This dumpster fire of the slow trimming of rights is insidious and no where close to old school honor duels, or macabre human skin commerce.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I wish they brought dueling back. Thinking about it gets my $hit hard.
I don't have the real need to do it but when it comes to the bigger picture some people of "Stature" or "power" may second guess the moves they make when they realize the gauntlet could be thrown down any moment by anyone with a grievance.
edit on 5-9-2020 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I dont disagree, but we are talking what is "normal".

50 years from now.,whats "normal" gonna look like?

Thats all I am saying. Ya aint gotta like it, but snip changes.

a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In order to adapt and survive, it is advisable to keep what works, regardless of what new normal looks like. So it is not likely that all things from the old normal will be abandoned.

But if it becomes a whole new territory, make a map after you land on that strange new world and watch for pitfalls and predators. Find out what works and expand on that.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

new age blacksmiths are old world fabricators and every single one of them are angry and most are military trained.

When the kids are done with their temper tantrums and the grown ups come out there is going to be hell to pay...

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I am glad I got to spend my teens and twenties in the seventies and eighties. I got to admit, I did know who was president, but nobody talked politics around here. Politics has turned into a Hollywood Drama now, the divide is so great it is tearing our society apart. The civil unrest is getting out of hand and this virus is being touted as way worse than it really is and it is because our media is trying to brainwash the public with fear. Yes, we should take precautions and wear a mask, but fear mongering is being spread like gas on a campfire. They are distorting the evidence to make everything look worse than it is....I blame the media.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What a country the kids are going to inherit. So much racism and hatred coming back to America. What a pity.

Glad I don't have any kids to live thru this mess; and it's only going to get worse, not better!!

time.com...

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 5-9-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Fascinating topic and discourse so s&f.

My grandparents, born in the late-1800s, lived through loss of parents and siblings during diphtheria outbreaks in the 1890s.
WW1 and Spanish Flu two decades later.
The Roaring 20s the next decade.
The Great Depression the following decade.
WW1 the next decade.
Korean War the next decade.
Race riots, assassinations, and Vietnam conflict the following decade.
Energy crises the following decade.
Then met death during the next decade.

Each decade required adaption to what was surely their 'new normal' yet I have no memory of grandparents complaining or bemoaning their 'lot' in life.

We are no different in that we have the fortitude, too, to adapt and prosper. We personally forge our new normal each time we're challenged regardless if it is a personal crises such as a job loss or loss of spouse, or a more shared experience across society such as war or COVID. And in doing so, we attempt to preserve those values and attributes in our life we hold dear.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm not placing blame on one party or the other, or the government or any other country. We are where we are, now we have to deal with it.

I believe that the old normal has worthy attributes, many are worth keeping. Perhaps the new normal has something of value to add. But with things changing constantly and none for the better it seems, we have become wary of change. This creates the need to make decisions with the old normal seeming to be preferable to new changes. This will amplify normalcy bias and leave little room for adaptive behavior. Any necessary changes will come harder for many, thus making the lines drawn even greater IMO.

The more things change, the more many will become reactionary and try to live the way they are used to. Such is the hold normalcy bias has on most people.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So whats the new normal?

I've been going to and doing all the things I have always done.

For a few months when the death rate was high in my area of New York we had to stay in more than normal; but now other than people half heartingly wearing masks life seems to have pretty much gotten back to pre-covid normal.

Last week we took a summer vacation to a beach town not to far from where we live (no one was wearing a mask on their face). My kids have been going to their dance classes for months now. My wife goes to her yoga. We are in the process of putting our house up for sale and buying a new one. My wife has always worked from home and I've been going back to the office regularly.

I realize not all people are doing well right now; but we should be looking for ways to help those people not throwing our hands up in despair thinking the world is on full tilt when it is not.

Time for people to start turning off the TV and logging out of social media.

edit on 5-9-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

I agree that people will adapt, esp.if there is no other choice, people make due. But even in my lifetime I remember the recession of the 70s and what my parents did to get by and maintain the lifestyle they worked for. Things got better in the 80s and have gone fairly well until the new century when we as a nation started to hit some bumps alone the way.

People will do what is necessary to maintain their normalcy bias and live a normal life with regard to their class and it's life style. Grand parents have had to provide shelter, food, clothes and make an acceptable living during their life time and by the end of their lives probably felt no reason to complain as it would serve no purpose that late in the game and would change nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join