It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember back in March I said if you live in a big city

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I posted back in March about the Exodus are people leaving the big cities do to no law to protect the people.
Here in Japan are people moving by the thousands out of the major big cities it's a silent move but it's happening.
There was like one apartment empty for every for apartments.

It's a very sad situation what is happening here.

smart people are leaving the big cities because there's no jobs its a collapse of the economy and the workforce.

I think this is what is happening in the major cities across America these days.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I was ahead of the curve when I left Detroit for my swampy domain over 20 years ago now. It was rough to adapt to rural life, but at least it wasn't as bad as "Green Acres". I do have to travel pretty far to run down to Pixley or Hooterville for supplies, but It's not so bad with no traffic.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I was ahead of the curve when I left Detroit for my swampy domain over 20 years ago now. It was rough to adapt to rural life, but at least it wasn't as bad as "Green Acres". I do have to travel pretty far to run down to Pixley or Hooterville for supplies, but It's not so bad with no traffic.

I like visiting Detroit/Lansing/GR once in a while but I grew up in a rural area and couldn't live in a large city because people suck.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Remember back in March I said if you live in a big city

would it be crass of me to say no?

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I posted back in March about the Exodus are people leaving the big cities do to no law to protect the people.
Here in Japan are people moving by the thousands out of the major big cities it's a silent move but it's happening.
There was like one apartment empty for every for apartments.

It's a very sad situation what is happening here.

smart people are leaving the big cities because there's no jobs its a collapse of the economy and the workforce.

I think this is what is happening in the major cities across America these days.

Howdy MIM...hope you're ok over there.....

It not really happening in major cities here...you're actually safer and have more ER services and help in the cities or near them.

I've told you...don't dwell on stuff, take care of yourself, and make the best educated decision...for yourself.

Stay well MIM! PEACE from Detroit

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

I like visiting Detroit/Lansing/GR once in a while but I grew up in a rural area and couldn't live in a large city because people suck.

Urban decay, crime and crowded conditions drove me away from Detroit. Grand Rapids, about an hour south of me, their news reports like to associate with Detroit more than Chicago, another crap hole I'm about as far from as Detroit. I don't feel I can get far enough away though.

On a personal, GERRWEES is evolving. I've been ripping DVDs and making a video library. I then hooked up the big screen in the living room to the network via the laptop and a HDMI cable for my own personal Netflix. I got the voice recognition program going too. There is more to come.
edit on 31-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That's so true....the older one gets, the more one is apt to need emergency medical services....or at the very least more regular medical help.
While large cities can and do suck, being in the boonies can be a problem as we age.

We do think about moving into a more rural setting.
But, good medical care must be close.
Other urban amenities are a plus...like decent eateries and reasonable distances for shopping.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

That's so true....the older one gets, the more one is apt to need emergency medical services....or at the very least more regular medical help.
While large cities can and do suck, being in the boonies can be a problem as we age.

Other urban amenities are a plus...like decent eateries and reasonable distances for shopping.

One can get emergency medical services without living in a city.
There are plenty of mid-size towns with emergency medical services.

I live in one such mid-size town with superb medical services. It even has a "center" that people travel from around the globe to come to. One does not have to live in a city or highly urban area to get good medical services.

Just live outside the "town" in a rural area in one of the mid-sized towns and you are still able to get an ambulance to a hospital probably as quickly as in a city with bad traffic. You still have restaurants and entertainment available, just not restaurants that break the bank or entertainment that costs more than a senior citizen can afford. Local community theater and high school productions can be great and don't cost $100 or far more for a bad seat. Movies are cheaper too. Who needs to pay $100 a plate for something that sits on your tongue for minutes and is gone, when you can get good food for far less. You can get anything your heart desires by ordering it online, you can even spend hours shopping online if that is your thing and never have to fight traffic or the weather.

Cities are not the place to be right now for sure. Crime has run amok and people are being shot, mugged, raped in the streets daily of many of our major cities, especially cities run by Democrats who are defunding police at alarming rates. You never know if you will be beat up if someone assumes you are a conservative because you have a plain red hat on or hears you say the word Trump. Public transit is crowded face to face, dirty, germ ridden, trash filled, and the absolute best place in the entire nation to catch Coronavirus, pneumonia, the flu or other nasty diseases. : NONE of this is worth a fancy dinner or professional live theater that lasts minutes to a few hours and is over.

edit on 8/31/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I remember...

the big cities are poisoned...true since the old days....but scripture has God wanting everyone to have backyards so big that the property lines have nature areas and not your neighbors fenceline between the homes so you have a place to go be with nature.......

there's that

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Ah, my astute thread guidance moderator! (and as always, thanks!)

We seniors in the suburbs...the best we can hope for? It's to stay put, head to a Senior residence, Fire Station, church, temple, mosque, synagogue..and you will get help in a worse case scenario.

I'm emptying my bug out bags of 90%, keeping only weapons, $$ cash, light, charger, medical...because as you suggest, we now...aren't gonna get away...at least my family...

And I'm a heart patient...

As always DTOM...thanks. Best

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

You will need serious $ to live in a nice community.

Im in North Denver area around Broomfield. It's super safe and clean, everyone's friendly in general, no wandering druggies or homeless (in my part of town you may see 1 every few days). So like once a week a guy holds a sign at some corner around here but they bail and don't return cuz no resources for them here.

All the trash goes to Boulder or Denver proper.

So when I hear of riots in Denver (like 20 miles away) Im like "huh? Really?" Cuz we are completely isolated from it here.

Average rent is about 2000$+ so it's steep for sure.

Thing is - this is a totally different world that only occasionally has outer influences wade in.

I love my neighborhood.
We don't have trespassing signs anywhere at all and a cop might cone through once a week or less. The one time I met a cop we talked and he gave me his card and offered any help I need which I greatly appreciate.

In Austin Tx the equivalent community was the Arboretum.

There are still great places but they are very expensive.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Thanks back to you!!!!

Yeah, we still have dreams of moving further out, but unless you know what you're getting into, best to stay put and be prepared.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Got out last year. Very smart move.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Thanks back to you!!!!

Yeah, we still have dreams of moving further out, but unless you know what you're getting into, best to stay put and be prepared.

I remember a metaphor to ponder:

The farther away you get from help...(at least in contact and services)...the closer to danger you get.

Stay healthy! Peace ✌️

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

This is happening in Australia too.

I live in the regions and I seriously fear the gentrification of rural Australia. I live in town but my wife and I have always dreamed of living on land.

Sadly I fear that hope will be dashed for many as property prices are driven up by the yuppy hordes.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Got out last year. Very smart move.

I got out in 2016, when Obama was pushing for ww3 with Russia, expecting Clinton to set it off.
Sure glad I did. Still not where I'm going, but at least there's a buffer area between here and any city.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   

The farther away you get from help...(at least in contact and services)...the closer to danger you get.

Wasn't that a line spoken by Merry or Pippin in the Lord of the Rings movie - the one with all the motile and mobile large trees in it. I think they call themselves Ents. Cool scenes in that movie...

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Wasn't that a line spoken by Merry or Pippin in the Lord of the Rings movie - the one with all the motile and mobile large trees in it. I think they call themselves Ents. Cool scenes in that movie...

May be from that. Personally, I love those stories. In fact, I wrote my own fairy tale because of The Hobbit.

You could be right!

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The cyclical nature of our existence will have a massive push back into the cities when this pandemic is over.
Just like gambling, cover both sides of the bet.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I’m very blessed to live in a wonderful community. I live in a suburban town about 30 miles southwest of Green Bay WI. Our town has a smidge over 25,000 people, and I’m 1/4 of a mile from one of the best hospitals in the state. I’m a 15-20 minute walk away from downtown, which has many restaurants, shopping, and we have not one but two lakes and a really nice marina right by our beautiful library. There is all kinds of entertainment options, and I live in a quiet residential neighborhood where many of us know each other by our first names. I like big cities, but if you find the right smaller town, you can still have top notch medical facilities and that.

MIM, I feel badly for you. I was stationed in Yokosuka Japan in the 1980’s while I was in the Navy. I loved that city, as well as Yokohama and Tokyo. I never saw any homeless people while I was there, and I felt very safe, even going out alone at night. Japan is a beautiful dynamic country, and I hope things get better for you all and for all of us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join