It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe some comparative perspective is needed for COVID

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The Media has been hyping up the statistics on COVID deaths scaring people.

Yet if COVID is classified as a Pandemic, what is cancer considered with it's statistics.
Just to give you an idea in one country Cancer is 30% of all deaths !
In the entire world cancer has YTD killed over 5.4 million

The data on cancer mortality displayed on Worldometer is based on the latest statistics published by the World Health Organization (WHO).In 2005, 7.6 million people died of cancer out of 58 million deaths worldwide.Based on projections , cancer deaths will continue to rise with an estimated 11.4 million dying in 2030.

www.worldometers.info...

Covid has only killed 847,000 plus.

In America for example almost 187,000 have already died from covid, yet it is estimated over 600,000 will die from cancer this year.

So we closed down the economy and shut everything down to deal with something that isn't even close to the plague cancer is wrecking on the world population.

Statistics are being used to cause unnecessary fear and control when compared to Cancer, and yes I know you don't catch Cancer from other people, but that doesn't diminish the harm it does year after year and by comparison COVID is nothing compared to cancer.
Nobody in my very large family spread all across North America has died from COVID, but they have from cancer.

edit on 30-8-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Aug 30 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

But your missing one very important factor. This is an election year and Trump is bad. Nothing else worked to get him out so they are trying with this (sic) virus.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

But your missing one very important factor. This is an election year and Trump is bad. Nothing else worked to get him out so they are trying with this (sic) virus.

Yes I think you might be right, when impeachment failed they cratered the economy with a false narrative, BETA testing the level of control they could achieve on mass populations, and then fed the rioting machine.
Tickets for those that don't social distance and wear a mask, unless you are a rioter that is looting in the street.
Seeds of chaos and injustice to bring down a government.
edit on 30-8-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

No but sorry you are missing many important factors.

This has nothing to do with Trump or elections.

This has everything to do with communism attacking from the back door behind the cloud of - it wasn't us it also happened to us (colloquially known as sacrifices.) Covid regardless of its true severity or not is a attack on FREEDOM full stop - no matter who represents that freedom.

In a matter of time this covid situation will prove to be one if not thee catalyst for major conflict.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Yet if COVID is classified as a Pandemic, what is cancer considered with it's statistics.

The data on cancer mortality displayed on Worldometer is based on the latest statistics published by the World Health Organization (WHO).In 2005, 7.6 million people died of cancer out of 58 million deaths worldwide.Based on projections , cancer deaths will continue to rise with an estimated 11.4 million dying in 2030.

Covid has only killed 847,000 plus.

In America for example almost 187,000 have already died from covid, yet it is estimated over 600,000 will die from cancer this year.

So we closed down the economy and shut everything down to deal with something that isn't even close to the plague cancer is wrecking on the world population.

Statistics are being used to cause unnecessary fear and control when compared to Cancer, and yes I know you don't catch Cancer from other people, but that doesn't diminish the harm it does year after year and by comparison COVID is nothing compared to cancer.
Nobody in my very large family spread all across North America has died from COVID, but they have from cancer.

While I believe the covid situation is wayyyyy overblown by the media, used as a political tool, and replete with flawed, manipulated, and just plain false statistics, that is an "apples to oranges" comparison.

Cancer is not communicable. Masks and social distancing would have zero effect in mitigation.

I think most of the world erred on the side of caution, as did the US.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU
I'm sorry, but I don't think I am. Who's in their way, who have they been trying to get out of office since day one. Trump. And that's where I agree with your communism coming from the back. But who's in their way, Trump. Yes, there's things he does I don't agree with, he's not a "great" speaker, but he is in their way and they are doing everything they can to get him out. I don't think the virus will be the catalyst, too many people are starting to question it. The catalyst are the riots and the ones in the shadows directing them.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

While I believe the covid situation is wayyyyy overblown by the media, used as a political tool, and replete with flawed, manipulated, and just plain false statistics, that is an "apples to oranges" comparison.

Cancer is not communicable. Masks and social distancing would have zero effect in mitigation.

I think most of the world erred on the side of caution, as did the US.

Yes it's contagious, but that is the nature of viruses, which lets face it have existed since. It was a good idea at the start when we didn't know what was going on but was taken too far for too long. Now the cancer comparison might not work with the contagious part but it is a truth that needs to be taken into account because the lockdowns have made far more people with cancer die than normally.
People who find lumps could't see a doctor, people with dodgy skin moles couldn't see a doctor, people's chemos were delayed or cancelled, all because of the flu!

And that is only for cancer, which is already very deadly [as OP pointed out]. Many more people died and will die of this charade that would normally have had an operation and walked away with many more years of life.

I agree with OP though that there are far more pressing things. Normal people will, have and can deal with this flu. Most have no symptoms at all. If we had asked for the vulnerable to be more careful but let life go on like usually [with more handwashing etc] then this would have been over very quickly.
Yet for some reason, the whole world was/is locked up because of a small percentage of vulnerables.

Therefore I think it is apt to compare the death toll of cancer and other deaths to covid. It's disgusting. I think OP means that if we reacted as hysterically to cancer as we did to the flu, we might actually find a cure or at least save hundreds and thousands of people. Instead one illness was put ahead of all others, for what?

They literally stated that every other cause of death is just not as 'important' as the covid excuse. Which is absolute idiocy. They let people die of something else...happily and with no care. Only if you have a cough are you a person worth saving.

That's what I got out of this.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
pneumonia vs covid19 - ohoh

Around 159,865 of those deaths were with confirmed or presumed COVID-19.

and that's with fudge-up COVID numbers!

edit on 30-8-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Perspective is needed all over the country.
In the last few months the American people have surrendered their freedoms because of a mostly tame disease and at the same time state and local governments while locking down their states for our “protection” have allowed animals to take over city blocks and to burn the cities.

Time has come to return to the old fashioned tar and feathering days.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Don't worry Biden promised to cure cancer if he's elected.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Not a pandemic because cancer is not transmittable from human to human.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
pneumonia vs covid19 - ohoh

Yep covid19 is a factor in almost half all pneumonia deaths.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The same as the common cold and flu. They all cause pneumonia deaths. It's called The old man’s friend for a reason.

In children and in healthy adults the outlook is good. In the debilitated, in drunkards and in the aged the chances are against recovery. So fatal is it in the latter class [i.e. the elderly] that it has been termed the natural end of the old man.

Strange fact, pneumonia deaths from cold and flu disappeared for a while during covid.

Pneumonia deaths are down just about as much as COVID deaths are up. Well that’s a strange coincidence….

edit on 30-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: add link and pic

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Not a pandemic because cancer is not transmittable from human to human.

You being all fancy-like with facts and logic.

Hush now...

Stick to the political narrative because that's what fuels this site.

(Thanks for posting that btw. I was about to say the same)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit
You know, I was about to make it 100% by writing and excluding cancerous particles that may transmit from human to human but I figured if I have to explain people that lips != masks here, no one is going to be that of an smart ass.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

The same as the common cold and flu. They all cause pneumonia deaths. It's called The old man’s friend for a reason.

In children and in healthy adults the outlook is good. In the debilitated, in drunkards and in the aged the chances are against recovery. So fatal is it in the latter class [i.e. the elderly] that it has been termed the natural end of the old man.

Strange fact, pneumonia deaths from cold and flu disappeared for a while during covid.

Pneumonia deaths are down just about as much as COVID deaths are up. Well that’s a strange coincidence….

Your link is from the 5th April.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

That's why I said: "Strange fact, pneumonia deaths from cold and flu disappeared for a while during covid."

Does the date really make a difference. They are using fuzzy math on us. Anyone who can't see that isn't looking. No one should just believe whatever they see or read from MSM or this website. I would think most here know that.

edit on 30-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars
Yes, indeed the date makes a huge difference since around double the time went by since the data stopped.

edit on 30.8.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

That's why I said: "Strange fact, pneumonia deaths from cold and flu disappeared for a while during covid."

Does the date really make a difference. They are using fuzzy math on us. Anyone who can't see that isn't looking. No one should just believe whatever they see or read from MSM or this website. I would think most here know that.

Current data is available that shows a completely different pattern so yes the date is highly relevant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join