It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee Bucks Won't be Taking a Knee at NBA Playoff

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Stupid protests should just count as a disqualifiaction to be honest. Waste of their time and everybody elses.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Screw them! They make unreasonable amounts of money playing a playground game. The mere fact we the people seem to feel they are worth the money they make playing a games is rather pathetic. ( As in where we prioritize things)

All pro athletes should thank god for the money they make and I don't want to hear about the sacrifices they made or how hard they worked. Many people make sacrifices and work hard and don't make a sliver of what they do.

These athletes are afforded this opportunity in a racist country which sh!ts on a race of people, according to Doc Rivers. Well get the F out of here. Find another place in the big blue world where such trivial activities like basketball are rewarded.

I'm tired of it as our many of us who sit and watched all these entitled little assh*les spout their mouths off how shi*%y this country is. Well as an American citizen who served in our armed services voluntarily I love this fricking country despite all its warts! I know of no better place on this big ol earth at where I would rather reside!

If you don't like it criticize it all you want but the second you start criticizing the country as a hellhole which afforded you and your family a damn nice living, I'm going to tell you to F OFF and go somewhere else if its so bad for YOU here.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1
So don't support them.
Easy peasy.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well
The Yankees are playing.
Guess mlb is only partially woke.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Bring it. Shut it all down. NFL too. There will be a massive 'market correction' when pro athletes understand the nature of supply and demand. If there is no demand (or diminished demand) for pro sports, either due to COVID concerns or wokeness, the end result will be revenue loss, which ultimately translates to a salary 'haircut'. The TV networks and league sponsors will undoubtedly prop up these player publicity stunts, being that they have signaled their support of woke behavior. This will continue until losses in ad revenue become too onerous, at which time difficult conversations will be had with the players union.

Can the players even articulate what 'change' they're demanding in response to their protest? Do they think police are going to stop following procedure when criminal suspects disobey lawful orders and reach into concealed areas in motor vehicles?

The reckoning between the woke pro sports leagues and the almighty $ is long past due. Heck, maybe the leagues and networks will find creative ways to keep the chains moving despite revenue drops. Either way, don't know, don't care. I'll personally be dropping out of my NFL roto leagues regardless this season, if there is a season, and with that, my interest and viewership will be bye bye. Not going to help generate revenue for grown men playing children games that are so far disconnected from reality as to think that this past shooting of an "unarmed black man" was anything other than wanton, flagrant disregard of the law by a man accused of sexual assault.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Baseball is a White sport.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I̶n̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶s̶,̶ ̶u̶n̶n̶a̶m̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶r̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶g̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶-̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶.̶ ̶ ̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶m̶o̶r̶r̶o̶w̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶c̶a̶s̶t̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶l̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶d̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶t̶-̶g̶i̶v̶e̶-̶a̶-̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶.̶ ̶ ̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶a̶d̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶e̶.̶ ̶P̶o̶l̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶M̶i̶l̶w̶a̶u̶k̶e̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶e̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶h̶o̶m̶e̶o̶w̶n̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶o̶l̶t̶e̶r̶g̶e̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶v̶i̶t̶y̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶S̶o̶o̶k̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶M̶i̶l̶w̶a̶u̶k̶i̶e̶ ̶B̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶c̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶s̶h̶.̶ ̶ ̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶9̶ ̶o̶'̶c̶l̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶s̶.̶ ̶U̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶n̶,̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶ ̶

God!! No!!! Not my favorite team in the whole world, the Milwaukee Bucks!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Baseball is a White sport.

So uh what about the brewers?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Owners are pretty well behind them. This won't make me cry. I expect at least one of the major league sports could easily woke themselves into oblivion before they wake up.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Between this and the china debacle they have lost a lot of fans.
I think there are better ways they could go about this.
Simply only talking about stopping police brutality during interviews would have more effect than this.
DONATING to community causes would make a world of difference. Getting their sponsors and advertisers to donate to communities would make a world of difference.
Nope
We get a boycott.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The NBA and some other Pro Sports Orgs have become the epitome of political sidewinding 😆

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I really wish everyone who is so upset with protests should really write a list of how they feel protests should be done.

Athlete kneels, nope he's an s.o.b according to the president, and scorned and ridiculed.

They peacefully protest in Lafayette Square, nope move up the curfew time and announce it on a small bullhorn per a National Guard Sargeant's testimony and then pepper ball them while claiming they didn't. Nope that's no good.

Peaceful protests go on daily in the US. Social media filled with people complaining they are tired of hearing about it, state people should stop.

Rioting. 95% of the US is against that one no matter what the right thinks the left supports.

Basketball players don't play one day of games. Nope they are stupid, it is wrong, etc. Claim they won't watch them anymore!

Please people, many of whom are not a minority, please tell minorities and those who support them the proper acceptable way to protest. Maybe whisper quietly for an hour on Sunday? No not Sunday, that will rile up evangelicals. Maybe an hour on Saturday? Not too early or late.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I suppose the NBA could relocate to China. They have sla ... training camps ready to go.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

And.....
I don't get it.
Where is the punch line ?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453
Easy
Legally
Thats not so hard

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

“Kill a 5 year old white boy, no one blinks an eye. . . Shoot a career violent criminal after he fought cops and was grabbing for a gun? The NBA cancels games in mourning”

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Brewers are not playing tonight either.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

That would be tits. I'd love to see these people lose their income like the rest of the country.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

Well stated.

I know people that I thought could never give up their sports addictions who are now shaking their heads and saying they're finished with major league sports...period. Never in a million years would I have thought they would do it, but they have.

I put the majority of entertainment celebrities in the same category.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

And.....
I don't get it.
Where is the punch line ?

"And" you thought taking a knee was too strong of a protest for an athlete.

Now, whole teams, with the NBA's blessing, apparently, are striking, refusing to even be there and play. All because of another police shooting.

2020 is truly a year of hyperbolic reaction!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join