It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Friday Night Protests 8-14-2020

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why should they stop.

The media pats them on the back and tells them they are heros.

It's getting old.
People are beginning to notice.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

I was listening to a young girl speak on the feed earlier. They want to change the whole system. It's not working for them. They are tired of the old ways. She said they weren't going to stop protesting until things have changed.

It's not about what they want, it's about what they are encouraged and allowed to do.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I need a refresher. Are they still protesting the death of George Floyd? If not...what?

Who's George Floyd?

The saint who had 5 funerals, across 5 cities, in early June.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Police told the crowd in Portland they have to disperse.

The police have declared the gathering illegal and are writing citations and arresting people.

ETA - How fitting, a dumpster fire.

edit on 15-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Destroying and removing statues that gave them nightmares, didn't ease their internal pain and anguish???

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Attorney General Barr said 3 weeks ago that a top DOJ priority was to disrupt the funding pipeline used by the most violent offenders. They were actual domestic terrorists. Very organized...with trucks delivering bricks and other weapons to specific drop-off locations.

Maybe that behind-the-scenes Federal effort is working.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I haven't seen them arrest anyone yet.

It looks like they are herding them all somewhere. Into the sea maybe?

ETA-

edit on 15-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

This is one reason, that I moved to the "boonies".

I have lived in big cities... where you ignore sirens, and pay attention to gunshots.

Now... out here... we ignore gunshots, and pay attention to sirens.

Antifa goons are not welcomed here. Antifa goons are unsafe here.

Our Fridays are very quiet...

Let me add this... this is important.

If you flee a liberal city because your life sucks, do not show up in conservative states expecting us to become liberals. If you helped destroy California, don't expect your policies to be welcomed in Idaho.

Liberals HATE individualists. Idahoans ARE individualists.

Go to coastal Washington or Oregon... they LOVE you guys there...

I live in Nevada....nuff said

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

What will happen tonight? Will we have fires, bombs, hit and runs, shooting or just fighting and nudity.

I vote for nudity.

Count me in!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

What will happen tonight? Will we have fires, bombs, hit and runs, shooting or just fighting and nudity.

I vote for nudity.

Count me in!

Yikes, count me out

edit on 15-8-2020 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

No, not that. Think of all the sea life that would destroy.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Hello, and welcome to the Friday night protests.

A misnomer if ever there was?

Right now the action is starting up in Detroit. We have a masked man in Austin with an "assault rifle". In Omaha there are anti-protest, protesters. A Seattle feed just popped up and Milwaukee is trying to get something going too.

Violence (protest) fighting........ Violence (the law)

Where's the sense?

Stay tuned to find out.

Whatever.....it will be senseless, mindless, destructive, and achieve zilch.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I haven't seen them arrest anyone yet.

Like Leemings....................I hope.

Lemmings are small creatures with wild reputations. ... But there is one myth that has held on tenaciously: Every few years, herds of lemmings commit mass suicide by jumping off seaside cliffs. Instinct, it is said, drives them to kill themselves whenever their population becomes unsustainably large.

^^^^^Fits the bill?
^^^^^

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Lot of info about what happened last night at the link.

Portland police responded Friday to some protesters’ calls for “direct action” by repeatedly blocking and advancing on marchers as they made their way through North Portland neighborhoods.

The tactics prevented people from gathering outside local police buildings, which have been the recent focus of raucous demonstrations. But the police use of force on what had been a largely peaceful march drew immediate criticism, including from Portland Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty, the council’s leading advocate for police reform.

Portland police pushed people, shot them with impact munitions and set off smoke devices after people threw some water bottles and paint toward officers.
Police repeatedly block North Portland march, advance on protesters Friday

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I need a refresher. Are they still protesting the death of George Floyd? If not...what?

Who's George Floyd?

The saint who had 5 funerals, across 5 cities, in early June.

isn't that the patron Saint of Looting?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Who is it narrating the livestream (that girl)? Is she a protestor? Press?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

This is one reason, that I moved to the "boonies".

I have lived in big cities... where you ignore sirens, and pay attention to gunshots.

Now... out here... we ignore gunshots, and pay attention to sirens.

Antifa goons are not welcomed here. Antifa goons are unsafe here.

Our Fridays are very quiet...

Had to move to a city for the moment (small one at least), but yea top of my todo list is find a job in an area where I can move to the sticks and commute daily, so I dont have to worry about 2 legged animals when my son is outside.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Who is it narrating the livestream (that girl)? Is she a protestor? Press?

IMO the "press", i.e. MSM is not only complicit but actively playing a part in this agitation.

They embed themselves directly in the middle of the protests; not from a distance, not off to the side, right in the thick of it. They also have a tendency to either conceal or just plain omit any kind of noticeable credentials or markings that they are "journalists".

Why would they do this? Simple.

Number one, they prevent making themselves targets. Much safer to "pretend", and for many "journalists" there is no need to "pretend" at all, to be a part of the crowd than perhaps being construed as some type of official organization. You see, the "journalists" aren't stupid, and they are well aware of the volatile and unpredictable elements of these mobs. It's tantamount to undercover reporting, not wanting to stand out, as they know there are knuckleheads in these mobs incapable of distinguishing the "press" from the "cops". Look what the mob did to the CNN building in Atlanta early on in the protests. The irony is rich, the "press" in essence siding with the mobs, who would have no compunctions about harassing "reporters" that by rights /SHOULD/ be impartial observers to happenings. What was once known as "man in the street" interview style has taken on a new meaning, when the "journalists" are no longer a distinct, objective observer but actually participating and intermingling with the "protestors".

Number two, by embedding themselves in the crowds, there is the tactical advantage of restraining the authorities ability to disperse or use crowd control on the mob. Remember again when the CNN reporters where scooped up by the authorities due to, again, embedding themselves in the mob rather than clearly marking themselves as "press", doing their work a safe distance away, and complying and /cooperating/ with the police instead of acting out and instigating? Then, when the embedded "journalists" get picked up by the police among the rest of the riffraff, it's a bonus story! Self-perpetuating myth of "police brutality" when the honest and forthright "journalists" have their rights trampled on by bad Mr. Policeman. This is nothing more than weaponized media tactics.

This same type of goings on has occurred in Connecticut on numerous occasions when during "protests", the "journalists" intentionally bundle themselves right in with the mob, and then raise Hell when SURPRISE! they get treated like the mob.

Very insidious behavior. There is no such thing anymore as the "4th estate", make no mistake, the media is just the publicity arm of the mainstream political parties.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

People have been raised to not ask questions or make waves..

had the comander of ACC come through our base over christmas, everybody asked nice safe questions I asked what the notification procedures were in regards to asbestos removal and lead paint on the hanger doors. two reasons for asking the question I did, 1 I know for a fact that every building I have been in over the last 20 years has since been torn down or remodlded because of asbestos and lead paint, and I knew once he got a hard question he would move on.

I never did get a satisfactory answer but he did move on, when my bosses tried to yell at me I just smiled and asked was I not following customs and courtesies? Then followed up with was my question inapropriate? They shut up and moved on at that point.

all that to say most people dont take the time to listen and learn your limits so hard questions can be asked, its easier to play it nice and safe and never have to answer for your actions.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

a reply to: carewemust

I was listening to a young girl speak on the feed earlier. They want to change the whole system. It's not working for them. They are tired of the old ways. She said they weren't going to stop protesting until things have changed.

It's not about what they want, it's about what they are encouraged and allowed to do.

I believe that these are what is referred to as useful idiots .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join