It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump planning on banning social media platform TikTok

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
There has been alot of talk that Tik Tok hlis taking too many liberties on phones. Or in other words, harvesting your data.

Since it's owned by a chinese company , the chinese government is probably sharing the data collected .

Im not sure banning it is the right path foward.

What if it's perceived as a public threat?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: SaturnFX

a reply to: SaturnFX

Are you agaainst any politician infringing upon the rights of any individual or individuals?

It was a simple question.

Have you stopped molesting your dog?

see how stupid that question is? yes or no doesn't cut it, does it?

How about this
I am against government banning anything not an immediate provable public threat. how about that?

Ahhh.

So you qualify it because you are for government banning, infringing if it's a public threat.

If the situation calls for it, individuals or entities posing a threat to the public can have their rights removed immediately

such as, start shooting people in public and watch how quickly your rights get infringed.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

There has been alot of talk that Tik Tok hlis taking too many liberties on phones. Or in other words, harvesting your data.

Since it's owned by a chinese company , the chinese government is probably sharing the data collected .

Im not sure banning it is the right path foward.

What if it's perceived as a public threat?

threat: someone shot at someone
perceived threat: someone looks like he could be the type to shoot someone

All these accusations have been made against pretty much all forms of apps that allow any storage, from tiktok, to facebook, alexa, google, etc...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You don't see the communist chinese harvesting personal information as a public threat.

I understand now.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
TikTok is a datamining operation that steals data right from your phone.

It's not just user metadata or app usage statistics either. It's personal information and other more sensitive system info for tracking purposes.

China has spent billions on dataprocessing centers for their AI powered social engineering systems. They feed it data largely by stealing it from their own serfs. Over the last 20 years China has been mounting an total data mining operation against the United States and Europe in various forms. From outright hacking to datamining via cellphones sold in Europe and the US, network eavesdropping, and apps like TikTok.

You can oversimplify this all you want, but you don't give spies access knowingly unless you're a traitor.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump should explain why then.

To my knowledge they harvest data which is what pretty much what everyone is already doing. Uninstall it if you don't want china to have your data. Or use a VPN.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He's never read the Art of War. That much is clear.

Value your spies above all others.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You don't see the communist chinese harvesting personal information as a public threat.

I understand now.

Thank you.

Well by that logic, should the rest of the world ban American companies to prevent the NSA from stealing data?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I understand now.

Thank you.

This accusation has been made for most big websites.

so what, shut down the entire internet?

you realize the great firewall is what China does...its not a how to, its a dystopian hellscape you don't encourage

anyhow, how do YOU feel about it?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Yes.

The NSA stealing people's data is as much a threat to Americans as it is to the Europeans it was weaponized against.

I'm all for spying on enemies. I am not for spying on innocent people en masse around the world as though rights don't exist.
edit on 8 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I understand now.

Thank you.

Well by that logic, should the rest of the world ban American companies to prevent the NSA from stealing data?

*laughs*

Why not?

We cry ourselves to sleep because Russia interfered with our election yet interfere with every other nations elections.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
You can oversimplify this all you want, but you don't give spies access knowingly unless you're a traitor.

Chinese officials (and spys) have access to the internet

By your logic, we should then shut down the internet to the US to make sure they don't get information off of it.

seems legit. Totally not ultra authoritarian. wave the flag and read a book.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I understand now.

Thank you.

you realize the great firewall is what China does...its not a how to, its a dystopian hellscape you don't encourage

I don't have the information that Trump has.

Nor do I detest Trump like you do.

So I'll wait until more information becomes avaliable.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I understand now.

Thank you.

I don't have the information that Trump has.

Nor do I detest Trump like you do.

So I'll wait until more information becomes avaliable.

We go with the information presented.

How do you shutting down our liberty for safety?

How do you feel about it?

do you have principles or are you waiting to be instructed on how you are meant to think on the subject?

Funny enough btw, I don't detest Trump. I think he was doing a good job right up till around the beginning of this year and arguably would have voted for him.
Now...I would rather vote for a old ham sandwich

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It feels like China is the 80s Russia to this current administation, cant trust anything from them, they are the enemy and the antithesis to everything American

What makes Tik Tok any different than FB, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Whatsapp or any of the others, they all steal your data and sell it on to others if you choose to use their platform

Dont think your data is safe in the hands of any large American corporation, they will sell it to the highest bidder, including China

So much for free choice American kids, if this EO is pushed through, but its not a dictatorship because its in your best interests, the gooberment says so.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

By your logic, we should then shut down the internet to the US to make sure they don't get information off of it.

You're ignoring a lot of details to make that statement relevant.

Everyone knows you can access the internet.

TikTok is a datamining operation. Why the hell would we make it EASY for them to spy?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's personal information and other more sensitive system info for tracking purposes.

Ahh do you have a link to an article?

Also, i think it should be up to the consumers. Make everyone aware that chinese companies will harvest your data and decide if they still want to use the app.

The bigger issue is if we should ethically be supporting chinese companies. Tik tok is just one company of thousands that we give money to. Supporting slave labor, sweat shops, environmental waste and the horrible CCP in general.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Becaused one is being used as a phising tool to spy by the chinses government is what im hearing.

There is the truth of it all. Even Biden's campaign has demanded it to be taken off of their peoples phones.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You're ignoring a lot of details to make that statement relevant.

Everyone knows you can access the internet.

TikTok is a datamining operation. Why the hell would we make it EASY for them to spy?

You think they are getting lots of state secrets from the type of user TikTok lures in?
how about instead of banning entire social media platforms for everyone, you just tell people working in sensetive areas not to have TikTok installed on any phones they use in and for business...you know...like how every other company may do that is safeguarding information and doesn't want weird apps on their machines.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I understand now.

Thank you.

*laughs*

Why not?

We cry ourselves to sleep because Russia interfered with our election yet interfere with every other nations elections.

Solid point! We are a real hypocrites.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join