It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 / Half of USA Doctors Believe Fewer Patients will be Infected in 2nd Wave versus the 1st

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Correct, I changed the statement so it could fit into the title subject box.

First of all we have alot of censorship in our social media over this issue. That isn't how this country is supposed to run but that's how it is being run. Their is so much caca doo out there I don't know who or whom to believe and that includes all of mainstream media and include Dr. Fauci in that boat. Several weeks ago I wrote a thread about SERVO.

My Original Link

It didn't get much traction but that's expected as this is ATS. Heres the link to what I wrote as it remains relevant to the "narrative"

“Our data reflects the voice of physicians worldwide, and in this recent wave, we hear their concern about possible peaks, second waves and preparedness,” said Peter Kirk, Sermo CEO. “Physicians stress the importance of remaining vigilant against the coronavirus otherwise many countries will find themselves back to square one.”

So, the ones I do believe are the opinions of others who are not constrained by the government entity who they work for, the University, College, Union or political party, Hollywood and those rich and famous Billionaires along with the religious groups.

So here comes a SERVO press release :

Survey Shows Nearly Half (44%) of U.S. Doctors Believe Fewer Patients will be Infected during a Second Wave Compared to the First

About Sermo Sermo is the largest healthcare data collection company and social platform for physicians, reaching 1.3MM healthcare professionals across 150 countries. The platform enables doctors to anonymously talk real-world medicine, review treatment options via our proprietary Drug Ratings platform, collectively solve patient cases, and participate in medical market research. For more information, visit sermo.com. Media Contact: Beth Richman 312-806-8999 [email protected]

I guess what I am writing about is to get a grip on the situation and fall back on professionals who are not beholden to others. SERVO isn't that only group of doctors staying silent. You heard about this? Right?

Association of American Physicians & Surgeons (AAPS) Sues the FDA to End Its Arbitrary Restrictions on Hydroxychloroquine

edit on 29-7-2020 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 29-7-2020 by Waterglass because: added link

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The truth is out there. I want to believe, but it is hard to believe anything at this point. Too many conflicting "facts".

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Me too that's why I still wear a mask, distance and I don't get out much on purpose. However above all else I would tend to lean on SERMO.

However, to shut down thee world over this is quite strange. Plus it doesn't add up in the numbers. Back in March the death rate was at 21%. Now its 6%

Covid-19

Closed Cases 11,159,426 Cases which had an outcome: 10,495,093 (94%) Recovered / Discharged 664,333 (6%) Deaths

WHO: Tuberculosis is the world’s deadliest infectious disease As the coronavirus death toll mounts, global health authorities are reminding that tuberculosis is deadliest infectious disease in the world. Over a million deaths are reported every year.
edit on 29-7-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Studies of hydroxychloroquine have shown mixed results. An ongoing study at New York University's Grossman School of Medicine found that patients who received hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and zinc were 44% less likely to die from COVID-19.
I think it should be given with the other 2 drugs also. The VA tested 1300 Vets, problem was, many had other health issues, so the test were not highly reliable.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Contrary to what the media or TPTB say we have not had a first wave yet. In the UK, when it was first threatened to rear it's ugly head, the government went all out to provide major pandemic centres around the UK. In the Midlands a 1000 bed hospital in the NEC. Major morgue facility at Birmingham Airport. HOW MANY OF THESE FACILITIES HAVE BEEN USED?
NONE, where was the massive spike? NONE, the facilities have been shut down.
Something major is not right and it stinks to high heaven.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
I am sure there will be fewer due to the measures that most states are taking, masks, distancing, limiting occupancies, lockdowns but not in Tennessee we are starting schools in person, governor does not care for masks or closing bars so the doctors are probably right with the exception of the Great State of Tennessee.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Their is so much caca doo out there I don't know who or whom to believe

Just how they like it ... if you don't know the score you can't possibly judge them as having failed.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm questioning the EXISTENCE of a "second wave". Right now, all we have done is to limit exposure. When things re-opened, we got a natural increase in the number of "cases" and promptly put restrictions back in place.

I firmly believe that the "second wave" is bogus. I see restrictions being lifted in the middle of October and there to be another natural increase. This will be the so called "second wave" and will be used to sow panic right about the time of the election.

Some people's biggest fears is that the virus will burn itself out before then.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Studies of hydroxychloroquine have shown mixed results. An ongoing study at New York University's Grossman School of Medicine found that patients who received hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and zinc were 44% less likely to die from COVID-19.
I think it should be given with the other 2 drugs also. The VA tested 1300 Vets, problem was, many had other health issues, so the test were not highly reliable.

Its my understanding hydrox only works as you said with other things, but the most important part is it needs to be used very early on for any effect...like presymptomatic early. Otherwise it is neutral to potentially harmful.

If we have tests that can in a hour tell us if we are infected, then this would be helpful, but as it stands, both sides of this debate are right. Yes, its helpful, no, its not helpful...both are right depending on at what phase of the illness you are at.
If you are fully symptomatic and in the clutches, then its time for the remdisiver (however its spelled)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I'm questioning the EXISTENCE of a "second wave". Right now, all we have done is to limit exposure. When things re-opened, we got a natural increase in the number of "cases" and promptly put restrictions back in place.

I firmly believe that the "second wave" is bogus. I see restrictions being lifted in the middle of October and there to be another natural increase. This will be the so called "second wave" and will be used to sow panic right about the time of the election.

Some people's biggest fears is that the virus will burn itself out before then.

I don't believe in a second wave also. I think its more of a flood that won't slow down to qualify waves.
Now, when flu season kicks in, there will be a lot of deaths from the dance of the coronavirus mixing with the flu to double tap the immune system. Gonna be a nasty fall coming up. Lets hope even more effective treatments come out before then.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
and in the 60's most doctors recommended smoking to relieve anxiety.

Prescribed Thalidomide to the pregnant, currently have most of your populace addicted to prescription meds....

Scandal after scandal re healthcare in most departments.

Need I go on?

I learnt a LONG time ago a lot of doctors are bloody clueless.

(I was 15 and got glandular fever for the second time so went to the doc's and presented my symptoms, white spots back of throat, loose feeling teeth, swollen glands and he was having none of it. I had to refuse to leave until he took a sample for testing to get him to do so - results came back confirming i had glandular fever, which I knew but apparently a qualified doctor didn't .)

So yeah just because a doctor 'thinks' something might happen doesn't give it any credence to me.

Also if 44% think that way that does imply 56% disagree so most doctors don't think that anyway - got to love that spin

Finally they surveyed 1320 doctors in the states (if you download th raw data tables you can see all the figures) - according to figures there are between 800k and 1.1m doctors in the states so they only asked 1 in a 1000 doctors. link to stats

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
First wave was no big deal for 99% of Americans. Second wave? Bring it on.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
The truth is out there. I want to believe, but it is hard to believe anything at this point. Too many conflicting "facts".

If there is anything the past 3 years have taught the people,
especially since COVID 19 hit -
it is that there are so many conflicting messages coming out from "good sources"
that there is no trustworthy "source" anywhere to be found

Every news source and every politician has an agenda and
whatever they tell people it is funneled through their political lens
and how what they say will best help their political agenda
or best hurt people who disagree with them politically

When it comes to news sources and politicians
truth no longer matters and is no longer important
what is important and what does matter is how the information
is used to help your political party
or destroy the other political party
regardless of what it does to the people or society

There has been nothing reported since 2016 on any platform anywhere
that has not been filtered through an obviously highly biased political lens
free from any obligation to report the truth

Which means NO ONE can trust any news source, regardless of it's standing
in your preferred political ideology
or it's historical trustworthiness

COVID 19 masks/no masks millions will die/thousands will die close/don't close
followed by riots/looting/property destruction that have been redefined
as the summer of love
and peaceful first amendment expression

We now ALL know, even the dumbest sheeple among us know
that we can not trust any news source
any political source
any source period not to
filter the news and twist it to fit
their personal ideology and to harm opposing ideologies

The elite politicians
the mainstream media
ALL media
have lost all credibility
with the ever changing and
ever redefined "news" as to
what is true and what is real.

The American public has learned a fantastic lesson these past 3 years

There is NO ONE they can trust and so they must look at multiple sources
and then decide for themselves
NOT SWALLOWING what any politician or elitist tells them to believe

They have also learned it is dangerous to
let anyone know what you are thinking
unless you are a radical leftist, then it is safe to express your thoughts
ANY thought that is not radically leftist is subject to doxing, firing, death threats

So it is best to lie to pollsters
Lie to anyone who asks you your opinion if
you can't get out of giving it
Keep to yourself as you can not trust anyone
to know what your thoughts are if you don't want
to be doxed, fired, attacked verbally or physically

So COVID 19 brought this all to quite open fruition
with the very open political pawn
and political games played
in information being used as a political pawn
to help a political party
or to destroy a political party

My truth:
I will wear a mask
I will self isolate
I will sanitize sanitize sanitize
I don't give a rats behind if you don't, that is your choice
I will demand Hydroquorlaquine from my Dr. and go to multiple Dr's to get it if I have to if I catch COVID 19
I don't give a rats behind if you refuse to take it, that is your choice

edit on 7/29/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

That my friend, was a very detailed expression of what I've been thinking for decades. Bravo.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
Which is also to say, "Survey Shows Over Half (66%) of U.S. Doctors Believe As Many or More Patients will be Infected during a Second Wave Compared to the First"
Those odds give you comfort?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

First of all we have alot of censorship in our social media over this issue. [/url]

This right here just cracks me up! You do know that FB and Youtube are company's? As such they owe you ZERO 1st Amendment rights!

Oh so funny!

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

HCQ and Remdesivir are both RdRPs inhibitors (antivirals). Meaning, in this context, both would be best for early treatment.

The idea is to prevent viral replication and allow the bodies immune system to fight what has already replicated. So, depending on the patient, this actually gives a good amount of leeway in when it can be given effectively (days).

Once it progresses to the actual disease of covid, then other measures would likely be most effective (like corticosteroids). Remembering that SARS-CoV-2 and covid are not synonyms.

Intermediate treatment would be best handled by immune modulation (hypoallergenic meds, some steroids, magnalol/honokiol) and perhaps even proteases like lumbrokinase. Preventing the progression into cytokine storms or covid entirely.

Our approach currently is wait til it gets "hospitalization worthy." Terrible approach for pretty much any illness.

A wave can be manufactured whenever desired, due to how the tests work and the lack of standardization of things like amplification cycles.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
The idea is to prevent viral replication and allow the bodies immune system to fight what has already replicated. So, depending on the patient, this actually gives a good amount of leeway in when it can be given effectively (days).

Thing is though, people won't even consider treating anything until some symptoms start showing, and at that point, its pretty much in the too late phase for most of these treatments.

I accept that the hydro works seemingly okay at the very beginning, but I'm not gonna start popping pills until a vaccine comes out just in case I may have passed by someone who breathed on me and the virus went in my damn eye or something. Nobody will, so that is the issue (unless the pill was nearly free and has zero side effects, which it doesn't. you can listen to people who have been on it for other reasons and they often discuss side effects, sleep issues, etc)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

First of all we have alot of censorship in our social media over this issue. [/url]

This right here just cracks me up! You do know that FB and Youtube are company's? As such they owe you ZERO 1st Amendment rights!

Oh so funny!

Well, tides may be turning. There are anti-trust laws, laws against monopolies, etc. A lot of scrutiny is being put on the big social media players as of late, and it seems they take a lot of government money, so it appears that there may be something to this.
Your company is yours, but once you start accepting government as part funding, then rules will start applying about 1st amendment issues.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

CNN Town Hall will air another one-hour update of their new series, Coronavirus - Facts and Fears, tonight at 8pm EDT on cable TV. That series is hosted by reporter Anderson Cooper and neurosurgeon Sanjay Gupta, MD. On one of their previous episodes, they aired a quote from Dr. Anthony Fauci on the issue of waves of COVID-19; he finds the word "waves" to not reflect what is known (science) about pandemics. Dr. Fauci also said that the virus is circulating in human populations around the world.

On the US NLM website, there are some research articles showing the anti-viral function of a number of traditional healing foods such as ginger. We don't hear a lot about this in the media, since no corporations can make a lot of money from food sources. So, I keep a stock of raw organic ginger on hand. It turns out that ginger contains a lot of organic germanium, which is likely the source of the healing power of ginger. Wal-Mart online sells dietary organic germanium capsules for the best price I have seen this year. Search their website for the term Ge-132 to find that product listing. Caution: Be aware that elemental germanium, an entry on the periodic table of the elements, is toxic and is extremely different from dietary organic germanium, which a number of Japanese researchers have shown has impressive healing power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join