It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC says to open schools.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well, here's a CNN link.

www.cnn.com...

The CDC says the risk of infection in younger people is low enough that schools should open. Granted it does say that closing a school is an option available depending on the severity of infection.

I just wanted to share this as it concerns a hot topic here.

www.cdc.gov...

That's a CDC link for "The Importance of Reopening America"s Schools This Fall."

www.cdc.gov...

That's a CDC link to a page outlining the guidelines for reopening.
edit on 2472020 by AutomateThis1 because: Wasn't done.

edit on 2472020 by AutomateThis1 because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Great idea. Send all the kiddies in to get infected and bring it home to Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa.

What is important is that the American people don't realize that we pay a fortune for sub-standard education that can be had for a fraction of the price.

edit on 24-7-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Home schooling for fat kids with fat parents. Fat teachers can teach from home. Everybody else get back to school, work. Do that and the odds of dying are better in a school bus crash but they odds are even better regardless. Time to get out of the bunker.
edit on 24-7-2020 by FlyinHeadlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Idk. It sure seems like either the CDC is about to say the virus isn't as bad as it was made out to be, or they want children to bring the virus home to infect more people and possible kill people. That would probably lead to more lock down.

So, while I agree on the cost of education, either the virus is super deadly, or it's not.

Which is it CDC!?

Lol

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Can you imagine the chaos if they sent kids to school to sit in class while the teacher still ineffectually taught from home?

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Cheers to this!

A stepping stone for returning to some type of normalcy.

Hopefully, many other sectors follow suit.

A CNN link is incredibly appropriate.

Backtracking bitches.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

What we are seeing now is young people who are going to die. There is no doubt about it," she said.
"And these are people who are 30s, 40s, 50s, who have no past history."

There's more and more young people getting sick, it's concerning.
source

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
CDC New Warning: We have a fat POS pandemic. Lower the stomach curve. Do that and the virus curve would flatline.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm not interested in your Australian link.

This thread is about the United State's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's statement that schools should open.

Furthermore if a grade school student is in their 30s, 40s, or 50s that's a totally different problem.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Dude, what are you on about? Stay on topic.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This disease is not as bad for most people as they originally thought it was. But we definitely should wear masks in supermarkets and stores and try to protect those at higher risks from getting this disease. We do not need to be shutting everything down like they did here in Michigan, they really screwed up here and a lot of small businesses took a tumble or stumble because of it. People need to stop all the risky behavior though, just because the younger people have less problems with this disease does not mean they should be making other people at higher risk sick. Be considerate, practice appropriate social distancing and wear a mask when in stores and in public places where you cannot social distance from others.

I may not believe this disease is that bad for most people, but I do believe we should be considerate and try to lower risk of transmission of it to those who are at higher risks of getting covid19 from this Sars-CoV-2 virus. There are not as many other diseases around in the summer as in winter that can combine with this disease like the flu and Pneumonia and even some colds, but going into winter with higher numbers in circulation will make more deaths when the other seasonal diseases come into play.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I don't see this working out. I think parents should have a choice. I understand that parents need their kids to go back to school, so they can get back to work. But. I bet you the virus will spread like wildfire again as soon as schools are open for a few weeks.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

I didn't see anything saying parents couldn't keep their kids at home. I'll reread it when I get a chance. Have you taken the time to read the guidelines?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

It's a report about how lots of young people are winding up in hospital with severe complications from covid. The medical establishments are sounding the alarm.

It's relative to the conversation.

Yesterday, authorities revealed 20 per cent of people in Victorian hospitals with the virus were aged under 50, including four children.
Data provided by the health department on Tuesday showed 34 people under 50 were being treated in Victorian hospitals, including two people in their 20s and two people in their 30s in intensive care.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

No the CDC didn't say that. The WH did.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What we are seeing now is young people who are going to die. There is no doubt about it," she said.

source

Ask yourself this — when does it end?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

source

Ask yourself this — when does it end?

Oh don't worry the vast majority of us have already asked that question.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Well, apparently you can't read or you are blind. I provided a link from CNN and two links from the CDC supporting the opening post.

"It is critically important for our public health to open schools this fall," CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield said in a statement announcing the updates.

So, come again?
edit on 2572020 by AutomateThis1 because: Formatting

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Option 1: Schools closed; Online Only - Single Mom/Dad and child/children end up in a homeless shelter, since parent must stay home, and Pandemic unemployment benefits are being slashed next week.

Option 2: Open Schools: Parent gets to work. Kids can catch Covid-19, but will live. So will parents. Keep the house or apartment.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'd agree if this was a conversation about the Australian CDC's determination about whether or not Australian schools should be open or closed but it's not.

If you want to start a thread about the Australian CDC, Australian schools, and Australia in general go create a thread about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join