It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Unknown Creature Chases A Hunter During A Night In Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Look up the Wendigo.
as bad as it can get. they are very good mimics.
Info on wendigo

This creature has long been known among the Algonquian Ojibwe, Eastern Cree, Saulteaux, Westmain Swampy Cree, Naskapi, and Innu peoples who have described them as giants, many times larger than human beings. Although descriptions can vary somewhat, common to all these cultures is the view that the wendigo is a malevolent.

edit on 23-7-2020 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808
Tough doesn't have much to do with it.
I live in South Africa and I've spent many evenings out in the bush.

When it's dark, and the earth quiets down a bit you hear things at a much greater distance.
The 1st night in a new environment always works on your nerves, but when you get accustomed to an area and the wildlife within you learn to shut up and appreciate the evening sounds.

Most modern humans don't know what it's like to spend a night or 2 in the wild, but this guy is Russian and apparently knows how to hunt? honestly I think he's just trolling for views.

Going camping in a forest for the weekend tomorrow, I'll be sure to make some recordings of 'strange noises in the nighttime'.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The Russian made so much noise talking to himself, moving around and shooting off his gun that I could hardly hear the cries and moans of whatever it was in the dark with him. I want that fifteen minutes of my life back...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This IS an unknown creature because we never see it; just faint noises. Also, the video seems to be edited as in a video production. Not really sure if it's genuine.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RitualReality
Does anybody know the translations of the screens that intersperse the video?

Watch it on youtube and you can read the comments, someone translated.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Well to me, he is genuinely scared.
He is hearing sounds that he hasn't heard before and whatever is making them is coming near to him.

If its a fake its a good one. I dont believe it to be though fwiw

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Similar sounds to the Sierra Sounds

What if it's just his friend trying to scare him knowing he was going alone to hunt?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Like i said in my OP, just before he lets off his first round you can hear chattering.

And his friend wouldnt do that and risk getting shot? Trying to scare a hunter in a forest at nighttime? Dont think so

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

My overnight hunting forays into the wilderness are long gone...But there were many...Can't say as I've ever heard anything like this...

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sounds like caribou to me.

I believe that gun is an FN FAL chambered in 7.62x51 NATO.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
At what point do the freaking sounds start, im not gonna watch 14 min of video for 1 min of content

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
At what point do the freaking sounds start, im not gonna watch 14 min of video for 1 min of content

There are some very low-volume sounds throughout, but they become more audible in the last minute of the video. Still not very clear, though. They do sound a little like a Sasquatch, but with a Russian accent perhaps?

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: bally001

Well, that was creepy. Had no idea what the noises were about but the gunshots gave me goosebumps.

Kind regards,

Bally

And I was thinking, "What a great-sounding gun! Wonder if anyone can identify the caliber?"

To me it sounds like a shotgun. Later in the video I'm fairly certain you can hear him load more shells. But not totally sure.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Look up the Wendigo.
as bad as it can get. they are very good mimics.
Info on wendigo

This creature has long been known among the Algonquian Ojibwe, Eastern Cree, Saulteaux, Westmain Swampy Cree, Naskapi, and Innu peoples who have described them as giants, many times larger than human beings. Although descriptions can vary somewhat, common to all these cultures is the view that the wendigo is a malevolent.

Your link is beyond interesting.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Jesuit Relations, also known as Relations des Jésuites de la Nouvelle-France, are chronicles of the Jesuit missions in New France. The works were written annually and printed beginning in 1632 and ending in 1673. Written as reports for their Order and for helping raise funds for the mission, the Relations were so thorough in descriptions of First Nations and their cultures that these reports are considered among the first ethnographic documents.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Made an account for this, i've been lurking for a while.

Reminds me a lot of the old "Stick indian" stories. Based on what I've heard some kind of native American spirits / Creatures that lure you out of encampments by mimicking human speech and whistling. not quite sure if its malicious, some people say they just mess with you and others claim the opposite. I know for sure that often many woods with higher activity are regarded by locals as "dangerous" due to a general sense of dread and feeling as if the trees where watching you.

Apparently its also rumored that whistling in the forest is a bad idea because of this.

Anyone else heard of this or something similar??

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Start at 6.30 for a bit then 9.30 to the end.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

It doesn't sound like the shotguns I've heard--sounded sharper?--but you probably have more experience than I do with them. It's been a while since I shot one, and I completely missed the sound of shells loading. Thanks for lmk.
edit on 24-7-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Kinda thought I heard a 'Predator' chitter there before his gun went off.
Hm.
Dunno.
edit on 7/24/2020 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

Yes you are correct, i stated this in my OP.

It definitely sounds weird whatever the hell it was

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think it's what Putin does with his weekends!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join