It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Need To Know How Many People Are Currently Contagious

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Where I'm from the government is keeping the data secret, so a to not cause panic, they say.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
And after all this time....I still don't even know somebody who knows somebody who's had it. And I only social distance in the check out line at the store. Other than that...and wearing a mask in indoor public places I haven't changed a thing.

I'm the exact same way. What hacks me off is that the national chains are enforcing masks although in my area (suburbs) there is little to no infection.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

At the beginning of the pandemic I was checking the local case numbers daily...but as this thing continued on and on with no end in sight I stopped checking the local numbers daily and began checking them sporadically, every month or so. And as I still have to go out in public to buy groceries it would be nice to know what percentage of my local population are actively contagious right now. Surely most of the numbers are people who have already recovered and are no longer at risk of infecting people.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

where a t-shirt that says I tested positive and nobody will come near you

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
wearing a mask is great for agoraphobia.
shades and a mask
totally incognito.

Should get some really scary masks.
edit on 0000007054575America/Chicago20 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

And after all this time....I still don't even know somebody who knows somebody who's had it. And I only social distance in the check out line at the store. Other than that...and wearing a mask in indoor public places I haven't changed a thing.

i've known a few who've had corona, one had a harder run. corona exists. it kills. and it's not over yet. it will actually never be over, but there will be a vaccine someday. in germany we have a warning app that will report when you have had contact with one that tested positive. it is used by over 16 million people. i've been back to office for 2 weeks now, compared to about 2/3 of my colleagues. otherwise life here is pretty normal.
Oh, I agree that it can be deadly and can also have long term effects like brain damage or heart damage ... to the young and healthy as well as older folks....hence I always wear my mask in public places and encourage others to do so.
But just to be able to more accurately gauge my risk when going out the numbers that I really need are the number of people who are contagious....but that would require wide spread and continual testing unfortunately.
edit on 7/20/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

edit on 7/20/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

In my Kentucky town , the local politicians claim we have all these positive cases , 15 one day , 10 the next etc etc , but the local doctors (my doctor is an old friend and her husband runs the local hospital lab) have no idea where these numbers are coming from or who these people are . I have not met one person who has had it or knows a person (who knows a person , who knows a person) who has had it .

The only people who knows people who has/had covid are people who have been screeching and crying about this since January/Feburary . I have to tell them that we know the same people and ask " who are they ?" And they never have an answer .

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Roll the dice, or live in fear, is a dilemma.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
Where I'm from the government is keeping the data secret, so a to not cause panic, they say.

And of course stating that they don't release the real numbers to avoid panic causes more panic than releasing the actual numbers would...which is the goal. And I have to concede that instilling panic may be keeping the numbers lower than they would have been otherwise.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
we better be careful who we allow to cause panic for good reasons.
the data should be forthcoming.
panic in this case may have been the worst way to respond.
Maybe next time.
edit on 0000007061176America/Chicago20 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Why not live with common sense/due diligence? Many people are doing that now, it does not = fear.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: whenandwhere
The only people who knows people who has/had covid are people who have been screeching and crying about this since January/Feburary . I have to tell them that we know the same people and ask " who are they ?" And they never have an answer .

Consider yourself lucky. 11 people (out of about 250) have tested positive at my work alone. At least 2 of those have been hospitalized and may still be. These are young otherwise healthy people.

Life needs to go on with reasonable precautions, but this thing is very real.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Why not live with common sense/due diligence? Many people are doing that now, it does not = fear.

My due diligence informs me not to trust politicians.
Also to wear a mask during a pandemic.
And also to avoid people who die their hair with interesting colors.
edit on 0000007080778America/Chicago20 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

I'm the exact same way. What hacks me off is that the national chains are enforcing masks although in my area (suburbs) there is little to no infection.

That occurred to me the other day. In states that were never "locked down", people don't own masks. Now they have to go buy one if they want to go into one of the national chain-stores that have implemented mandatory mask wearing.
edit on 7/20/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

My due diligence informs me not to trust politicians.
Also to wear a mask during a pandemic.
And also to avoid people who die their hair with interesting colors.

Ha, we're on the same page!

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

That occurred to me the other day. In states that were never "locked down", people don't own masks. Now they have to go buy one if they want to go into one of the national chain-stores that have implemented mandatory mask wearing.

When they first mandated masks in my area (Virginia) masks were hard to find...but just as with toilet tissue, small privately owned convenience stores seemed to usually have them. Now at Walmart you can buy a 5 pack of Hanes face masks for $7.50.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

If you live in the USA, the following updated information will give you a more specific idea than most COVID-19 charts of how each US state is actually doing. Numbers of positive lab tests and several other criteria are reported daily:

www.covidexitstrategy.org...

My family and I live in Californa, where COVID-19 numbers have been going up, but at a much slower rate in recent days. We recently topped up our food supplies (grains and produce), because it's still summer, with people on vacation still visiting CA beaches, etc.

edit on 7/30/2020 by Uphill because: fixed spacing

edit on 7/30/2020 by Uphill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I agree that it can be deadly and can also have long term effects like brain damage or heart damage ... to the young and healthy as well as older folks.

You are TWENTY-TWO times more likely to die from crossing the road than die or have long-term damage from Covid-19.

Fact. Just look up the stats. 0.04% of Americans are at dangerous risk from Covid; crossing the road is just below 1%.

But who cares about facts anymore? We are just about to hit the most almighty Depression for over 300 years, so perhaps brain damage can actually make THAT self-inflicted nightmare more bearable. Deaths from Covid will seem like a walk in the park compared to the mortality rates from a modern Depression, poverty and hunger.

Trump can try to distract from today's catastrophic economic figures with crap about moving the election, but the USA and everyone else in the western world are royally and utterly screwed, and we voluntarily pulled the trigger. Covid will actually be the VERY LEAST of our concerns, trust me.

No hyperbole, either, sadly. But look after yourself as best you can.

edit on 30-7-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The Washington Post newspaper now includes an article on an internal US government document that was reported by FEMA on Friday, July 31st. That FEMA document states that 453,659 new US COVID-19 infections occurred nationwide in the last week:

www.washingtonpost.com... a-8c55-61e7fa5e82ab_story.html

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 8/2/2020 by Uphill because: Added link.

Hmmm, the first link is now blocked by a paywall. But if you go to Google and type in the phrase FEMA 453,659 you will be able to read that full article for free.
edit on 8/2/2020 by Uphill because: Added explanation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join