It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM protest ruins restuarant experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I am really upset at this. I dont know whats more upsetting, is it the fact that they ar yelling at black people in the restuarant? BLM taking advatage of the fact that the restuarant in operating outdoors probably due to corona virus guidelines?? Or the fact that they are cursing using foul language around children?? and have no care in the world?? Or that its mainly white poeple in the protest yelling at black people that "black lives matter"

I had heard also that this is black owned restaurant, if I can confirm that, I am going to fly off the handle and lose it!

Let me also try and use this opportunity to try and dispel this phrase or notion of "white allies" If we are going to have change for black people we need to have black voices speaking out. What we cannot have is white people who have anrachist vibes with them that want to join and absorb and manipulate a movement. The only way to have change and effect change for injustices thata re happening to black people is for black people to lead by example, that is how you get other black people to buy in and have investment, so there is empathy.

Lets have a movement (FUBU) that is For Us By US instead of a movement that goes against us and represents none of us.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher
Years of indoctrination and brainwashing in our education system is coming to fruition.
"The Suburban Middle-Class Evolution Into Wokeness Explained"

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Just curious why he didn't try to have a discussion with them, I mean he does have some credibility being a black guy and all. I would have liked to hear how they reacted to what he was saying in his video and his suggestion on how he'd like to see support.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is just DEMOCRAT funded paid protesters and useful idiots "Astroturfing"

"Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participants. It is a practice intended to give the statements or organizations credibility by withholding information about the source's financial connection."

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Maybe Trump should stop financing BLM through corporations with our tax dollars while campaigning on saving us from them.
Just a thought

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I didn’t even realize people were still out protesting. I haven’t heard much about it in a couple weeks. If anything has gone on in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale/Miami) I haven’t seen anything and the several acquaintances I have on social media who are into that stuff are normally posting every event they set up/go to.

People need to get a f*ckin’ hobby.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Years of indoctrination and brainwashing in our education system is coming to fruition.

A significant portion of the white middle and upper class population has the luxury of time and disposal income to allow themselves to be sweet away by the dominate zeitgeist. I believe this is why so many current protesters are white; rather than attributing this phenomenon to indoctrination in public education.

White middle and upper class women; that are comprised in part of stay at home moms; have even more of that luxury.

To be clear I'm not knocking all white middle and upper class people or stay at home moms; but when counting bodies these two groups have more people with in them who can and do take part.

Its hard to join a protest when you need to work 60 hour weeks to put food on the table. Its much easier to get away when your a stay at home parent with teenaged children.... predominantly white middle and upper class college educated women.
edit on 15-7-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The restaurant-goers looked like a pretty diverse crowd. Seemed pretty equal white/black/hispanic. Can't blame the guy for being pissed, these idiots are protesting a problem that is nonexistent at least at that restaurant.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
I didn’t even realize people were still out protesting. I haven’t heard much about it in a couple weeks. If anything has gone on in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale/Miami) I haven’t seen anything and the several acquaintances I have on social media who are into that stuff are normally posting every event they set up/go to.

Protesting is a hobby for many of these people.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: Drucifer

Protesting is a hobby for many of these people.

You’re certainly not wrong.

My wife was an animal rights activists for about 2 years. During that time I met a LOT of intersectionals that will take any chance to protest something, even if they know nothing about it. Since my wife and I were the only homeowners out of the 50-75 activists in the area, our house became a popular party house for them. I’d get to hear all the different protests they were attending and why, as well as them ‘educating’ each other on why it needed to be protested.

We were both publicly labeled “racists” after my wife debated someone over the location of an event. I had nothing to do with it, aside from paying for the house they’d all party in, but my name was tagged right next to her. While we had a large amount of people speaking in our favor it was enough for me to say “No more parties. I don’t want to see another of the little sh!ts in here again.”, to which the wife agreed. She kept up with the activism for a couple more months but the in-fighting was too much. If you think the left eats themselves in public often, you should see what they do within their own circles.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: stosh64

A significant portion of the white middle and upper class population has the luxury of time and disposal income to allow themselves to be sweet away by the dominate zeitgeist. I believe this is why so many current protesters are white; rather than attributing this phenomenon to indoctrination in public education.

White middle and upper class women; that are comprised in part of stay at home moms; have even more of that luxury.

To be clear I'm not knocking all white middle and upper class people or stay at home moms; but when counting bodies these two groups have more people with in them who can and do take part.

Its hard to join a protest when you need to work 60 hour weeks to put food on the table. Its much easier to get away when your a stay at home parent with teenaged children.... predominantly white middle and upper class college educated women.

I still remember during the occupy protests when I was landscaping. We were working on this one house, owned by a really rich person who owned multiple recycling centers and other businesses. I remember they had a son around the same age as me. One day we were showing up to work just as the guy and his son were getting into their truck. Daddy was driving his son out to the occupy protests so he could fight the good fight for the poor folk while we worked hard making his garden pretty for him. I just couldn't help but think of the irony of it all.

Like you say, the people who really need to work don't get out and protest these things, they're too busy working for the people out protesting on our behalf.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Meh
Should have thrown their uneaten food and drinks on them.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Fcking white liberal privilege... Thinking they know what minorities want.

The irony and hypocrisy is repulsive and pathetic.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah right, they ain't got no time for that. I would have loved to see how they reacted, too, but I can only assume they would have yelled at him. He might have even been shwipped across the face by the chick with black and white dreads.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
...but I can only assume they would have yelled at him. He might have even been shwipped across the face by the chick with black and white dreads.

For some reason I don't see that happening. I think they'd be perplexed.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I remember the "Occupy" bit as well. I was going past one of their sites on the way to an appointment when a few of them started hassling me. I asked what they wanted and one guy answered "Jobs". I asked where he lived and if he had transportation. He told me and I handed him a business card and told him to be there first thing Monday morning for an interview. He asked what they were paying and I said "$14 an hour to start, benefits after 60 days." A few more people asked me for cards. I gave them out and said "One more thing, you have to be able to pass a drug test." I got the cards thrown back at me an d called every name in the book.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...but I can only assume they would have yelled at him. He might have even been shwipped across the face by the chick with black and white dreads.

For some reason I don't see that happening. I think they'd be perplexed.

That's what they do when they get perplexed. Or were you talking about the hurr shwipping?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

That last bit made me laugh out loud. It's not funny, but it's expected with kids these days. It's all fun and games til you have to pass a drug test. Idiots...

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

That's what they do when they get perplexed. Or were you talking about the hurr shwipping?

I just don't see those bozos yelling at a black dude, they'd short circuit trying to justify that.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You forgot this part:

VIDEO: Black conservative activist rips 'cultural Marxism' of Black Lives Matter rioters who violently invade restaurant right in front of him

From the Blaze

It's a fair point he's making - and we all have our angles

edit on 7/15/2020 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join