It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's White Purge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Matthew Perry?

Tyler Perry.

Matthew is too much of a cracker ass cracker to be cast anymore.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicusLol, I was going to say, remake to Fools Rush In, Yassss!

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You know what would be a mind eff? Wesley Snipes playing Robert Downey Jr. playing Staff Sergeant Lincoln Osiris.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Interesting, i did not know that. I got the impression that they chose writers who would play it very safe. Not great SW writers that wanted a bold new story. That takes some risk.

Instead, we got 0 risk and tons of copy and paste from the orginal films.

I mean.. in the final act they completely copied the orginal's final act. I could have been a writer if that's all it takes to be an SW writer..

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If they don't hire white actors who's going to play the Nazis and white supremacists villains?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

White face. How do you think Tyler Perry plans to remake The Godfather?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
If they don't hire white actors who's going to play the Nazis and white supremacists villains?

Hire Sammy Sosa as a consultant. He'll show them how.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ugh, I saw "Drop Zone" in theaters, I think Witherspoon would have been much better

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Kennedy also has a team of writers behind SW (mostly Far Left women) even though they are not officially credited. They had little to no professional writing experience but were involved in story ideas. These Disney execs say one thing to the public and do another behind the scenes.

Consider it a natural outgrowth of a company whose executive team, led by Kathleen Kennedy as president, is more than 50 percent female. "When you have a balance of men and women, there are all sorts of things that enter into the discussion," she says, calling the Rey-Jyn doubleheader a "coincidence" that the studio (and parent Disney) embraced. "Because women are always in story meetings, [no one has] to go, 'Hey, what would a woman think?' " says creative executive Rayne Roberts. "The reason Rey is strong and technically capable and compassionate and driven is that the women who were in that room, including Kathy, reflect those qualities." Adds Jones, "Kathy has given women the kind of roles they've always dreamed of."

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Witherspoon isn't black enough to play a white dude playing a back dude who's really another black dude.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Or why not just start a black hollywood from scratch?
Oh gawd too much work?
Why work if you can just snatch a ready made one, after all whites are now officially allowed to be discriminated against.
Actually if you defend whites, you are automatically racist.
Oh-kaaayyyy...

Already done. Tyler Perry set it up in Georgia.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Already done. Tyler Perry set it up in Georgia.

His quality quality level is unparalleled.

Waiting on the updated version of The Hobbit.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Slinki
Seriously... who wants Evil Dead anything without Ash?!
Everyone, apparently.

The 2013 film was very good and he wasn't the lead.

It was a decent horror movie, didn't really feel like an evil dead movie though. The first two seasons of that series they made were loads better....the last season though....bah.
edit on 13/7/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
It was a decent horror movie, didn't really feel like an evil dead movie though. The first two seasons of that series they made were loads better....the last season though....bah.

I enjoyed it, I also like the series.

But Ash is kind of out of the picture anyway with how Season 3 ended.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Kevin Spacey should play as a Martin Luther King.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I recall a story from a few years ago about the production of the movie Patton.
They filmed much of the movie in Israel or close to it and many of the extras were Jewish.

The story was that someone from the movie was walking past a group of Nazi soldiers and they all had yarmulke's under their German helmets and were praying in Hebrew.

Might have been the big red one and not Patton..

edit on 13-7-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe minority actors can replace the cast of The Simpsons and turn the family Black. Guess there won't be any White family sitcoms anymore and all the old ones will be cancelled. This is so ridiculous.

Can we expect a 21st Century update to Leave It To Beaver? ... Leave It to Bubba?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
I was looking at Amazon Prime shows and HBO and the new content is drying up.

Revisit old friends with new people.

I got my girlfriend 100% hooked on Stargate SG1. Forced her through the movie first though (She didn't like it, thought it was boring and etc) and felt I was gonna torture her with the series. She now has t-shirts of chevrons, knows a few Goa'uld words, and has been having a blast.

Great old things become great new things when experiencing it through the eyes of a newcomer. I guess thats the concept as to why Dr Who always has companions.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I'm hearing rumors of a fix for Star Wars. They might just do a multiverse kind of thing and retcon the series so that the last 3 movies aren't canon anymore.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

They would be admitting that they screwed up if that happens.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join