It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over-flattening the curve only prolongs the suffering and prevents herd immunity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Evolution: "I gave you an immune system, use it."

Politicians and panicked panty waists: "NO!"

I've lived long enough to see what happens when "over protected" kids become adults. They're (on the whole) sicker than most adults.

Hell, just with my own kids' friends, I see this. When they (my kids) were toddlers and everyone I knew with kids of same/close ages were freaking out about Lysoling everything in sight before their kids ever touched anything, I let mine get filthy dirty, put everything short of poisonous or otherwise outright deadly crao in their mouths, NEVER bought antibacterial soaps to wash them with, etc. Their immune systems are oxen-strong today as pre-teens, as it were, they very seldom get sick. One, maybe two colds annually, and they shake 'em much faster than we (mom & dad) do.

Now, their friends are a different story. Some of the families started their kids off the same way we did when they were young & they're just as resilient. The ones that live in germophobic homes? These kids are not well off health-wise, and they don't have any illnesses to lay blame at the feet of, what they have is shoddy immune systems that have hardly been put to use. It's like an atrophied muscle at this rate, my god. Their parents have effed them over, immune systems aren't some damn fireplace mantle display item, it's a critical part of our bodies that NEEDS used. I'm not saying shove that raw chicken chunk down throats & see what happens, but good god, let 'em get dirty, let 'em eat boogers, let 'em be gross. They grow up stronger & become stronger adults health-wise for it. Hyper cleanliness isn't the positive it's billed as.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Which means it never came under control until a Vaccine?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSkunk

Reaching herd immunity naturally will likely result in very many more lives lost, even if it can be accomplished. It is not at all clear that it can be, even with a vaccine. It really is one of the greatest unknowns involved with the disease.

The study found that, despite the high impact of COVID-19 in Spain, estimates of the prevalence of antibodies remain low and are “clearly insufficient” to provide herd immunity. “This cannot be achieved without accepting the collateral damage of many deaths in the susceptible population and overburdening of health systems,” the researchers wrote. “In this situation, social distance measures and efforts to identify and isolate new cases and their contacts are imperative for future epidemic control.”
www.foxnews.com...

Too many people getting sick at once has an impact on economies.
Too many people getting sick at once has an impact on health care "systems."
Stressing our health care "system" with too many hospitalizations at once can result in more deaths. And not just deaths from COVID-19.

edit on 8/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I agree, but I was saying that about Small pox.

Since we have never had herd Immunity against "the Flu" I don't think it is possible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join