It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what Black lives Matter means

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Whites (myself included) make up 61-77% of the population yet the police shootings of minorities are nearly equal to ours

Do you know what % of crime, violent and other, is committed by whites vs. blacks? That would be interesting to know and would factor into the stats.

I covered that already, violent crimes occur in impoverished areas at a higher rate. A larger percentage of the minority population than whites lives in impoverished areas. Which is the reality due to segregation, red lining, housing discrimination, job discrimination, inadequate educational opportunities comparatively, law enforcement discrimination, and overall systemic oppression and the conditions these things bring forth in these impoverished areas.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: network dude

Could you post some of these statistics you speak of?

I did a really long post on it in a police shooting thread like 2 years ago where I posted references and everything and it took alot of time. Indont have time for all that so I will keep it simple...

www.statista.com...

Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 31 fatal shootings per million of the population as of June 2020.

Since 2017...

446 minorities have been shot by police

457 whites have been shot by police

Whites (myself included) make up 61-77% of the population yet the police shootings of minorities are nearly equal to ours

please let me know which of these stats are not correct.

If you have time I mean. Please and thank you.
edit on 9-7-2020 by network dude because: fixed error

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So black people cause more crime because of systematic racism?

Is that what you are saying?
I don't disagree, it's clear and it's part of the plan.

But are you actually willing to say that black people cause more crime?

Just curious if you are actually willing to discuss the issues or play the violin.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Idk, All Lives Matter does sound more appealing, and like Communism.

BLM sounds like Judaism, Christianity, an Islam.
edit on 9-7-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Here is what I believe is the best video describing what BLM is or has become. If JSG wrote for publication I would subscribe. Youtube has taken down a few of his videos in the past and he had to fight them to keep this one up. It must be awkward for youtube because they can't justify labeling a black man a racist.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
So black people cause more crime because of systematic racism?

Is that what you are saying?
I don't disagree, it's clear and it's part of the plan.

But are you actually willing to say that black people cause more crime?

Just curious if you are actually willing to discuss the issues or play the violin.

No.. I did not say black people cause more crime.

POVERTY causes crime. I was being asked WHY crime rates are higher in black areas, and my response is, it has nothing to do with the color of skin, but socio economic pressures of the environment.

Socio economic pressures that are CAUSED by racism.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Violins it is then.

So racism and skin colour are unrelated?

What's wrong with saying black people generally cause more crimes because of socio economic pressures and racism?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Blacks what whites to make BLM.
becouse blacks lives Do Not mater to Blacks!

well and that it is being used as a terro-rism wepon against trump.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

it's cool, I wouldn't want to defend a statement like that either when presented with real facts.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If the local/national news would show this twitter.com... , well-wishing citizens with Black Lives Matter signs in their yard, would remove them.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Since 2017...

446 minorities have been shot by police

457 whites have been shot by police

Hmmm how much time did you spend on it?

The vast majority of the 900 to 1000 total average killed per year are ARMED!

Blacks accomplish a lot of crimes that is also disproportionate to their population percentages, such as averaging over 50% of ALL murders for like the last 30 years. That is a lot for only 13% of the population, don't ya think, and I would bet that alone is the reason for the higher over all numbers killed by police.

Whites average around 500 killed per year and blacks average about 250 per year, so your 3 years should be like 1500 to 750. About 10% of whites killed are not armed but fleeing a crime, grey area...
About less than 3% of blacks are not armed but fleeing a crime, another grey area.
Very few are not armed and not fleeing such as Floyd, about 3 or 4 per year for blacks.

Statistically black cops and white cops kill about the same proportionally....

Police are not just randomly killing people, so the over all percentages of the population means little when we really need to look at the numbers actually committing major crime to see just who cops are shooting.

edit on 11-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

My Gawd, I watched the full 8 minute video. I think I wanted to punch Don in the face at least 30 times.

The last 30 seconds made me want want to.......
a reply to: KKLOCO

SO I dont know if somebnody has posted this already but I saw this and I thought maybe an update os needed. This is a video from 2013 where Don Lemon has a completely different viw of whats going in the black community.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

"I’m watching Don Lemon, that hotbed of reality,” Chappelle says in the special, which Netflix surprise-released for free on YouTube early Friday.
a reply to: ColeYounger

Are you talking about 8:46? if so that was the worst i have seen chappelle.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Black Live Matter is ultra simple.

If you are having trouble aligning with it.. heres a tip. Read it as "Black Lives Matter too!" That should solve your problem.

Dont know if I all the way understand your point with the first part. Are you saying what DOn Lemon is saying that Black lives Matter is strictly for black lives lost to police brutality? and that we can;t put "all black lives" in thier??

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Second.. bringing up black on black crime is a cop out. Victims of crimes happen to people by people in close proximity. Our neighborhoods in this country are still largely segregated.

how is it a cop out? If police b rutality is an issue for us in the black community, where some protestors are litterally yelling "their killing my people!!" We are killing our own people at ane ven bigger clip then the police.

I am not saying police brutality isnt an issue for th eblack community. I ams aying that its akin to if you have a cut and then you have a gun shot wound. I foy uwant to be healthy you should probably address the gun shot wound as oppose to the cut.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Do I win the internet today?

B - Burn
L - Loot
M - Murder

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Stockholm syndrome at it's finest right there... SMH

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Third, crimes and violent crimes happen in areas and to people that are impoverished. The african american community is statistically more impoverished in this country due to a history of red lining, job discrimination, prejudice, legal system, and the environmental effects and circumstances of impoverished areas.

Racism is real, prejudice is real, systemic oppression is real, white privilege is real.

It is my job as a Caucasian male to be an ally and eliminate the cognitive dissonance surrounding this, and help steer this country in the direction of true equality... and when we dont have to worry about all this rediculousness

I agree with you.

But I mean it still doesnt take away from the fact that we as black people are killing ourselves. whether accidentally with the black children that are cuaght in the cross fire of the gun violence or just straight up murder.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

So, at what point in your carefully constructed World O' Pandering do minorities experience personal responsibility?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So, at what point in your carefully constructed World O' Pandering do minorities experience personal responsibility?
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So its a little more complex then "personal responsibility" and Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Church leaders and motivational speakers have been trying to figure out this problem in the black community for a while.

SO its more complicated then archiac republican phraseology.
edit on 13-7-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join