It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First peer reviewed study to show Nicotine offers potential protection against Covid 19

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It was a cut-and-paste post.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've actually heard this before too but don't remember where.

1 pack a day sad to say.

Be a man and smoke a cig, not a douche flute.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Nicotine or smoking?
you can get nicotine through a variety of ways, smoking being the most common (alongside vaping now). patches, etc..

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

First peer reviewed study to show Nicotine offers potential protection against Covid 19

There doesn't seem to be a link to this study in the article you linked.

Can you provide one? Or perhaps change the title of the thread?

News24 is still a good rep' source in factual reporting though...not to say that this story is wrong or right.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
Be a man and smoke a cig, not a douche flute.

cancerous man.

the e-cig is superior in soo many ways. Cheaper, smells nice, less issues with health, less people cringing at you, no burn holes, all your clothes, cars, etc doesn't smell like a rotting butthole, etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

True but cigs dont blow up in your face.

Ive never been keen with replacing a thorn with another thorn

**had a checkup the other day, and i smoke about 1-1.5 a day. They said 110 healhty
edit on 7-7-2020 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
In other words..., cancer kills Covid 19 too.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Completely uneducated here, but here goes. Vaccines are basically weakened versions of the disease, sometimes heat is used to weaken them. Could it be something as simple as the virus lodges or starts in the nasal/throat area and as smokers do, they inhale lots of heated air from their favorite fix which results in a weaker form of the virus?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Anyone found the study yet?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
a reply to: SaturnFX

True but cigs dont blow up in your face.

Ive never been keen with replacing a thorn with another thorn

**had a checkup the other day, and i smoke about 1-1.5 a day. They said 110 healhty

Not to mention... Vape Lung!

might be a thing in 5 years. We'll know by then, maybe.

Either way... I tried vaping for 1 single day. It felt like my chest had tightened up like when you have the flu and it was hard to get used to. Next day, I went right back to a good old camel.

If that makes your chest burn and feel like you're filling it with water... It can't be good for you. I hear people say "Well, you got to get used to it". If I have to get used to it, it's not natural and it can't be good for you.

Then as you mentioned... It could blow up in your face and you could get a bad batch which could kill you or mess up your lungs forever.

Smoking just seems easier. Maybe it's more dangerous but vaping isn't exactly healthy either. There is no Tiss for Tatt in this.

If people want to do a fad... they should do a fad with a REAL addiction! hah!

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

If I have to get used to it, it's not natural and it can't be good for you.

I smoked a couple of cigarettes when I was a kid. Never got used to it. One vice I managed to avoid.

edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Copy this link from your reply box, and paste into your browse..it should work.

www.news24.com... 0200521

There are other studies that have been done around what is perhaps the OP story,

www.marketwatch.com...

Years ago, in the late 1940's, (I think it was Phillip Morris) a US cigarette company put out research on nicotine's qualities as an antiseptic, I don't think it was ever contradicted, and it seems nicotine is antiseptic, maybe even as smoke, but I think the emaphasis on the OP story is the nicotine.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I took a hit as a kid and was very turned off. When I became of age.. all it took was one stressful day at the job lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I've seen it. That is not the study.
That is an Op-ed. Supposedly there is a new peer reviewed study somewhere.

edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Nicotine is THE ingredient for the bug killing stuff you put in the necks of your cats and dogs.
Nicotine is in fact mother natures bug repellent.

natoxaq.ku.dk...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

If I have to get used to it, it's not natural and it can't be good for you.

I smoked a couple of cigarettes when I was a kid. Never got used to it. One vice I managed to avoid.

Man... I certainly wish I could say the same.

I think I started around 16 or 17. It wasn't really peer pressure so much as it was feeling that it was the norm since a lot of my skater buddies smoked. I guess it was like brands of beer. All the hype but none of the common sense.

I guess what made it worse was the fact that my mom smoked and she really didn't give me any hassle about smoking. I don't think I was ever scolded about it even when I started. It was more like "I know you smoke so you wanna cigarette"? Truth be told, I only had a couple the weekend before and I actually didn't smoke but that was my Q that I could pretty much do what I wanted and I think that cig was the first triumph to lead down a road of pure chaos.

Funny how that works.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

I've seen it. That is not the study.
That is an Op-ed. Supposedly there is a new peer reviewed study somewhere.

This is the study, The reviews are after the study details.

Qeios is the webpage, it seems to be an online peer review system.

www.qeios.com...

Low incidence of daily active tobacco smoking in patients with symptomatic COVID-19
Makoto Miyara1, Florence Tubach1, Valérie POURCHER1, Capucine Morelot-Panzini1, Julie Pernet1, Julien Haroche1, Said Lebbah1, Elise Morawiec, Guy Gorochov2, Eric Caumes1, Pierre Hausfater1, Alain COMBES1, Thomas Similowski, Zahir Amoura1

1. Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
2.Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris VI), France
edit on 7-7-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Getting close, I’m working on it.

english.alarabiya.net...

www.google.ca...

Not the study but a study. Awaiting peer review I believe.

www.google.ca...

edit on 7 7 2020 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 7 2020 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Seems like a useless statistic. Makes me wonder how many of those hospitalized for COVID are left handed vs. right handed... blond vs. brunette... OCD vs ADD... etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm not sold yet, but I am interested. I know several people who have or have had covid, but none of my smoker friends have had it yet, including myself.

Purely anecdotal, but since I started smoking (cigarettes and other things) ~15 years ago I haven't had the flu once, and nothing more serious than the occasional nasty cold or stomach bug. I've always joked that my body is too toxic for viruses to survive, but it does make you wonder.

That said, I was planning on starting the nicotine patches again this week to try to quit, but maybe I'll put it off until cases her in Florida drop a bit.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join