It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Florida Teen Dies After Being Taken To A Church COVID Party.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
A teenage girl died after being taken to a church COVID party and contacting the illness. The mother tried treating her at home with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. By the time she decided to take her to the hospital it was too late. She hailed her daughter as a Patriot. How sad for the child, she didn't stand a chance with a parent like that.

A Florida mother took her high-risk teenage daughter to a “COVID party” at their church, tried treating the girl at home with unproven drugs when she got sick — and then hailed her as a patriot after she died.

Raw Story

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

That does it.
Tear down those Jesus statues!...ASAP!

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I have read several articles over this young girls death and not a damn one of them mentioned her being at a Covid party. The only thing close was that she died 2 days after her 17th birthday!

Rawstory is absolute trash.

A teenager in Florida has died of complications from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) just two days after her 17th birthday.

The statement went on to say that Carsyn "fought health challenges from the age of 2," including cancer and a rare autoimmune disorder, which required her to endure years of treatment and doctor visits.

"She lost her dad at the age of 10," the statement said. "Yet, she survived it all, never complaining and never focusing on herself. Even through the ravages of Covid, fighting to breathe, she never once shed a tear, complained or expressed fear."

REALSTORY
edit on 6-7-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I didn't know people had COVID parties, the least they could have done (being journalists and all that jazz) is got a copy or screen shot of that invitation. I would love to see what that thing said.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Fake liberal news

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Rawstory is absolute trash.

That's the truth. In the very first sentence of the article, the author portrays the mother as a right-wing conspiracy nut.
I looked at some of his other stories. Every single one of them is anti-Trump, anti-conservative, anti-law enforcement, and anti-white.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I didn't know people had COVID parties, the least they could have done (being journalists and all that jazz) is got a copy or screen shot of that invitation. I would love to see what that thing said.

Rawstory found an excuse to go after a family who lost their daughter because they are Christians and they ran with it.

Absolute scum of the earth these people at Rawstory must be to stoop that low.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I agree, I find it strange they glanced over her going through cancer and her other troubles as a kid and writes it like her mom didn't care. If her parents helped her through all of that sickness and pain so young and then losing her father to have it turn around and make it look like mom was a POS makes me angry. I don't know this family so can't speak for their present character but damn man.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement detailed the last two weeks of Carsyn’s life in a public Medical Examiner’s report.
On June 10, Carysn’s mom, Carole, took Carsyn, a 16-year-old girl who was immuno-compromised with a history of health issues (including cancer), to a “COVID party” at her church, where more than 100 children without masks were in attendance.

Link

You can feel free to browse the mother's Facebook page I didn't link it.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Right????

Hardly sounds like her mother would purposely expose her to covid 19 with all of those health issues.

link   
Isn't hydroxychloroquine the drug we've been eye-balling on here warily for months now because it's....kinda deadly if used wrong or for the wrong patients?

But sure, let's blame the 'Rona outright and only, and not the dips# mother for misuse of a medicine sans medical observation, and a kid with a history of medical issues, including cancer, and an autoimmune disorder. Context. Matters. This kid would have been just as vulnerable if she caught a bad case of the damn flu.

Here's a better article that actually has some background heath info, and it's worth noting that she died June 23. Color me somewhat suspicious of awareness motives here, that was two weeks ago.

edit on 7/6/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: frogs453
A teenage girl died after being taken to a church COVID party and contacting the illness. The mother tried treating her at home with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. By the time she decided to take her to the hospital it was too late. She hailed her daughter as a Patriot. How sad for the child, she didn't stand a chance with a parent like that.

A Florida mother took her high-risk teenage daughter to a “COVID party” at their church, tried treating the girl at home with unproven drugs when she got sick — and then hailed her as a patriot after she died.

Raw Story

Stop with the "unproven drugs" crap. July 2 article from Detroit Hospital

DETROIT, Mich. (CBS DETROIT) – A Henry Ford Health System study shows the controversial anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine helps lower the death rate of COVID-19 patients and without heart related side effects, according to The Detroit News.

The results were published Thursday in International Journal of Infectious Diseases.

“Our analysis shows that using hydroxychloroquine helped saves lives,” said Steven Kalkanis, CEO, Henry Ford Medical Group and Senior Vice President and Chief Academic Officer of Henry Ford Health System. “As doctors and scientists, we look to the data for insight. And the data here is clear that there was benefit to using the drug as a treatment for sick, hospitalized patients.”

The study analyzed 2,541 patients hospitalized between the system’s six hospital between March 10 and May 2. The study found 13% of the patients treated with hydroxychloroquine died while 26.4% of the patients who did not receive the drug died.

There's so much in that article I can't copy it all, but here's another snip:

“The findings have been highly analyzed and peer-reviewed,” said Marcus Zervos, division head of Infectious Disease for Henry Ford Health System, who co-authored the study with Henry Ford epidemiologist Dr. Samia Arshad. “We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug. And other studies are either not peer reviewed, have limited numbers of patients, different patient populations or other differences from our patients.”

The biggest issue was the mom was stupid and did something she shouldn't have. Is she a doctor? If not, how did she get the meds? From a doctor? If the doctor knew did they try to intervene? It sounds like the mother is an anti-vaxxer nutcase and she should be charged for this.

And this garbage is irresponsible too:

Davis gave her daughter azithromycin, an anti-bacterial drug with no known benefits for fighting COVID-19, after she developed headaches, sinus pressure and a cough, Jones reported.

Not for the virus, but definitely for the infections that can develop because of Covid. That's a half-truth and a lie by omission.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Have they burned down the church yet?

it's the only way to be sure.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The link you provided is about as twisted as that other rag you opened with.

"When that still did nothing to combat the cough, the headaches, the sinus infection, the fever, her mother started giving her hydroxychloroquine – a dangerous drug that clinical studies have shown makes a person MORE likely to die of COVID, but was recklessly touted by President Trump for months as a supposed “cure.”

No agenda at all right?
edit on 6-7-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
All of that on top of this that I'm checking the veracity of this. If true what is it with media and the left continually touting the threat?

justthenews.com... olicy/coronavirus/covid-19-close-losing-its-epidemic-status-us-according-cdc

COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S., according to the CDC

Coronavirus deaths in the country have nearly reached a level where the virus will cease to qualify as an epidemic under Centers for Disease Control and Prevention rules, the federal agency reported on Friday.

The CDC qualifies a disease outbreak as an "epidemic" if the number of deaths attributable to the disease exceeds a certain percentage of total deaths per week. That threshold for pneumonia, influenza and COVID-19 fluctuates slightly depending on the time of year, ranging from around 7% at the height of flu season to around 5% during less virulent months.

CDC data indicate that deaths from those ailments began skyrocketing in the country around the second week of March, hitting a peak around early May and then plummeting quickly after that.

The latest data show that the percentage of deaths in the country attributable to those factors had as of the last week in June reached its lowest point since the end of last year, becoming "equal to the [current] epidemic threshold of 5.9%," the CDC said.

The agency notes that the official tally of deaths "will likely change as more death certificates are processed, particularly for recent weeks." Yet the number of deaths attributable to COVID-19, pneumonia and influenza have been declining for 10 straight weeks, the agency said on its website, suggesting COVID-19 may cease to qualify as an epidemic in the next few weeks.

The welcome news comes as fear over a "second wave" of the virus has gripped the U.S., with some states experiencing fresh surges of COVID-19 along with increased hospitalizations.

Though infections are significantly up in some places, deaths throughout the country have remained flat, due likely to several factors including a younger cohort of infections as well as improved treatment methods.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Have they burned down the church yet?

it's the only way to be sure.

They have to smash all the stained glass and decapitate the statues before they can efficiently "sterilize" the grounds of the COVID. They have a procedure for this sort of thing these days.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

The article stated unproven. I believe this was before the report on that group of people was released.

If the mother got the prescription without it being expressly prescribed for the daughter, that is a problem as we all know we are not supposed to take other people's medication as we may have an issue that would not respond well to it.

Any parent taking a child with health issues around group of kids or anyone who could have it is ridiculous. To then give any random drugs and use the grandfathers oxygen to try to treat at home is awful.

The point of this is a mother knowingly exposed her child and prevented medical treatment until it was too late and the child is dead. Pick apart what you want. The bottom line is this child did not have to die in this way.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I've looked over the links and the only time I saw the term "covid party" was by the author of the story.

Could we maybe call all of the protests going on today "covid protests"?
A gathering of people seems to be the only criteria.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You can't believe everything that is put on the internet. Social media and the internet are tools used to manipulate and mislead.

This is what was printed in the local paper.

Florida teen dies of COVID-19, family is ‘comforted that she is pain free’

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Sure call them that. If you take your compromised child to a Covid protest where everyone is unmasked and you deny your child proper treatment when sick and your child dies I believe it should be considered child abuse.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join