It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 is here to stay. People will have to adapt

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No worries I fully understand that, wouldnt expect anything else, bout all I can do is say it was 92.1 FM georgia on the scott james show last week of June.

They were off the first week of july, is why I know it had to be the last week of June.

Been a nasty few weeks for me so my memory is foggy and I certainly could be blending two conversations together.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: AutomateThis1
I want me and mine to be protected from you, not to protect you. That is the point. If an unmasked and infected person coughs near my, my mask won't help much.

So stay home.

I do. Unless I need to go shopping, or to the office. I've got it down to once a week for both. And I wear a mask when I do. No big thing.
Saving a ton on fuel costs.

edit on 7/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Ok so thank you for proving my point. -

The greater the original infectious dose, the more replication will occur within the lungs.

so glad you agree at last, the more particles, the more replication, the more virulent.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Hey thanks for proving my point.

The greater the original infectious dose, the more replication will occur within the lungs.

See before you are fully infected and producing those millions of particles in your whole body, you are shedding out particles into a mask which you take back in, with those still in your body you now have increased your original infectious dose.

The faster this happens the faster the innate immune system is overwhelmed.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I'm 43 and with the health problems I have if I get it I'm dead. The thing that scares me the most about this virus is the delirium with hallucinations people experience.

I recovered from schizophrenia and the thought of having hallucinations from covid in combination with schizophrenia freaks me out.

I also have diabetes and heart problems from my medication.

People compare this to the flu. It's not a flu and the flu doesn't effect the brain but covid does.

If that virus gets in my house all 4 of us are dead. My mom just went through chemo and radiation. My grandmother is 80 years old and my cousin is overweight.

The only time leave the house is to go grocery shopping. I am cautious to max. I wear gloves and a mask. Everything coming into my house gets quarantined and sanitized.

I know it's not 100% but I'm doing my best.

I haven't been out of the house much since March. The other day I was coming back from my aunts house and I saw the aquarium store was open. There were no cars in the parking lot so I figured I'd go in and take a look at the fish. I had a mask and gloves on. Some 20 year old guy with no mask walks up and gets in my face. He asked if I needed help and had a stupid smirk on his face. He was being a smart ass. I took 3 steps back and said "you're lucky you still have your teeth getting in my face like that".

My aunt had a liver transplant and takes drugs to suppress her immune system to keep it from attacking her new organ. That liver transplant cost tax payers $1,000,000. She's worried about getting it.

Covid has the potential to wipe out my entire family.

I already know 3 people that have died. I don't know if I'll make it out alive but I'm doing everything I can to keep my loved ones safe.
edit on 6-7-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I want me and mine to be protected from you, not to protect you. That is the point. If an unmasked and infected person coughs near my, my mask won't help much.

The mask won't help protect you anyway. As summer heats up around the nation, everyone who walks outside will have a wet mask saturated with sweat. Wet masks are INEFFECTIVE. They don't protect against anything.

In Arizona's 110 degree heat, by simply getting out of a car and walking into a store, your mask whether cloth or surgical, is saturated with sweat within 10 minutes of putting on a fresh mask.

Now imagine hundreds of people walking around inside a Wal-Mart with sweat-saturated masks. EVERY EXHALE thru the sweat-saturated masks becomes sweat droplets, airborn. And as you walk thru the store, your mask picks up the airborn sweat-droplets exhaled by hundreds of other people's masks. By the end of shopping, your sweat-saturated mask that is ineffective to protect you because it is wet, is now covered with sweat droplets of hundreds of other people who also had to exhale thru their sweaty masks.

A mask won't protect anyone in hot and humid summer temperatures.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Good point! I hadn't thought of that. Will link to your post in my thread about the dangers of wearing a mask.

Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think it's here to stay too.

I seriously doubt the vaccine's ability to prevent the virus altogether. It may just lower the likelihood of getting it by 30% or so, similar to a flu vaccine. There's already indicators that this virus may mutate. I think it will always be with us because of the amount of people it infects and how quick it infects people. You can't vaccine everyone in the world. Mutations will happen.

Humanity will survive though. We survived much worse. We will adapt.

Will restaurants and shoe stores and many businesses have to close down? Assuming the virus is as serious as the data suggests, I think so. The average person didn't order takeout or go out to a nice restaurant during the black plague. What a lot of people won't admit is, these businesses are a luxury.

edit on 6-7-2020 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna
These people keep buying into all this crap.

Just stop participating in it.

It's all going away after November anyways.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I'm 43 and with the health problems I have if I get it I'm dead. The thing that scares me the most about this virus is the delirium with hallucinations people experience.

I recovered from schizophrenia and the thought of having hallucinations from covid in combination with schizophrenia freaks me out.

I also have diabetes and heart problems from my medication.

People compare this to the flu. It's not a flu and the flu doesn't effect the brain but covid does.

If that virus gets in my house all 4 of us are dead. My mom just went through chemo and radiation. My grandmother is 80 years old and my cousin is overweight.

The only time leave the house is to go grocery shopping. I am cautious to max. I wear gloves and a mask. Everything coming into my house gets quarantined and sanitized.

I know it's not 100% but I'm doing my best.

I haven't been out of the house much since March. The other day I was coming back from my aunts house and I saw the aquarium store was open. There were no cars in the parking lot so I figured I'd go in and take a look at the fish. I had a mask and gloves on. Some 20 year old guy with no mask walks up and gets in my face. He asked if I needed help and had a stupid smirk on his face. He was being a smart ass. I took 3 steps back and said "you're lucky you still have your teeth getting in my face like that".

My aunt had a liver transplant and takes drugs to suppress her immune system to keep it from attacking her new organ. That liver transplant cost tax payers $1,000,000. She's worried about getting it.

Covid has the potential to wipe out my entire family.

I already know 3 people that have died. I don't know if I'll make it out alive but I'm doing everything I can to keep my loved ones safe.

So you thinking a store clerk asking if you needed help was trying to kill you and you were preparing to punch him for talking to you? Yep, you need to stay in and duct tape the windows and doors. Even then by the sounds of it, you all are not long for this earth, COVID or no COVID.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Goggles. People need goggles. It's an airborne virus. Particulates landing on your eyes is far worse then entering through your nose and mouth. Our nose and mouth have limited immune defenses of their own (hair, mucus, saliva) to slow and hopefully stop viral uptake, the eyes though are a direct pathway to the blood stream. Goggles are better than these paper and cloth masks at stopping the spread of an airborne virus.

Masks may help with water droplets and bacteria, but they do not stop airborne viral clouds from forming. The virus leaks under the chin, over those, and right through the masks. A mask, like surgical or cloth masks, is simply a feel good placebo. Masks simply are not helping and there will be unintended consequences for many people that do not have good oxygen absorption in their lungs with out a mask let alone with a mask on; and for what? The only thing the masks are good for is a false peace of mind. For those that grasp the very simple science that a mask is ineffective, these mandates and orders are a grotesque abuse of power.

But we have to do something! Even if it's a stupid idea, we should do it! When it didn't rain when we needed it to, we did a rain dance because we had to do something that allowed us to believe we had some form of control. The masks are wanted because of the same exact psychology... We naturally want something that provides illusion of control where none exists. In the absence of control we turn to superstition, and these mask mandates are a symptom of that very human emotion.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Is humorous watching all the people going into Walmart Target and other locations putting on their Placebo mask before going in and then whipping them off quickly just before exiting the door.

If government officials were serious about reducing the spread of coronavirus, they would mandate everyone wear a mask that stops the virus from spreading.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

If the virus isn't here to stay, the economic repercussions on a global scale will be, and are going to do alot more harm and kill alot more people than the virus itself.

One way or the other, we're screwed.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Did you email the doctor yet?
Did you ask him if wearing a mask will make COVID more virulent?
edit on 7/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
"So stay home."

I do.

So stop complaining about others not doing whatever you think they should be doing to protect you from them.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Nice try.
Full context.

Unless I need to go shopping, or to the office.

So stop complaining about others not doing whatever you think they should be doing to protect you from them.
They are not just protecting me, they are helping to protect their entire community. But you don't care. I get that.

edit on 7/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

They are not just protecting me, they are helping to protect their entire community. But you don't care. I get that.

I don't care that you're afraid of the boogeyman, that is correct. If you are in the seriously at risk crowd, find alternate means of getting what you need.

And the protection that is claimed the masks provide is a) miniscule at best, and b) only applicable if I actually have it - which I don't.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

and b) only applicable if I actually have it - which I don't.

Prove it.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MapMistress

The mask won't help protect you anyway. As summer heats up around the nation, everyone who walks outside will have a wet mask saturated with sweat. Wet masks are INEFFECTIVE. They don't protect against anything.

In Arizona's 110 degree heat, by simply getting out of a car and walking into a store, your mask whether cloth or surgical, is saturated with sweat within 10 minutes of putting on a fresh mask.

Now imagine hundreds of people walking around inside a Wal-Mart with sweat-saturated masks. EVERY EXHALE thru the sweat-saturated masks becomes sweat droplets, airborn. And as you walk thru the store, your mask picks up the airborn sweat-droplets exhaled by hundreds of other people's masks. By the end of shopping, your sweat-saturated mask that is ineffective to protect you because it is wet, is now covered with sweat droplets of hundreds of other people who also had to exhale thru their sweaty masks.

A mask won't protect anyone in hot and humid summer temperatures.

Air conditioned house - to air conditioned car - to air conditioned business - to air conditioned store.

It’s 111 where I am. I even walked 30 mins to the store and back. No problem at all wearing my cotton mask.

Unless you (someone) has to actually work outside — I see no issue wearing a mask, for short periods, when it’s hot.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: GenerationGap

Is humorous watching all the people going into Walmart Target and other locations putting on their Placebo mask before going in and then whipping them off quickly just before exiting the door.

If government officials were serious about reducing the spread of coronavirus, they would mandate everyone wear a mask that stops the virus from spreading.

I have not seen one person remove their mask until they got to their car.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join