It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black National Anthem...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: recrisp
a reply to: DBCowboy
Personally, it's the WOKE that really bother me, they are what is pushing most of this crap.
I don't want to take anything at all away from black people, but, I don't want them to think that they can have it all, and then some.
It's getting to where that I am now a minority, it's just a few short years.

No special treatment to anyone, white, black, or in-between.

The rich will definitely have an issue with that.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Don't you just love the push back to segregation. Do they get their own locker rooms too? Maybe black only water bottles? Even better, why don't we just cut to the chase and just split into two leagues, WFL and BFL? I haven't watched pro football for about 3 years anyways. Ever since they started changing the rules, it's too pussified for me.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Can we get a flag for black people too?

If so I'm going to burn it in public....
It is just a piece of fabric.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
I don't see why not! heheh

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Theoretically, I don't see a problem with them singing the National Anthem, followed by a song for Hispanics, Followed by a Black song, then one for Asians. Proportionally, there are 60% white population in the USA, followed by 16% Hispanic, and 13% Black, with 5% being Asian. Heck I would say do an Indian one too (1% of the population) that would cover the majority of Races. That said, I would say that it should be expected that everyone able, should stand for ALL of them. After all, disrespecting one would be considered racist. If whites after all took a knee for all the others, what would people say? We are after all trying to show respect for all right? Give them the opportunity, and if anyone takes a knee, kick them out. Show respect for all, or leave (Equality). would someone take a knee in the Olympics? Or are people expected to show decorum?

Camain

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I would be curious what would happen if someone took a knee during the singing of this anthem?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Would it be racist if I kneel during the Black National Anthem?

It depends who you are kneeling on.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It's not black folks pushing this for the most part, it's stupid white folks.

At least that's what the black folks IN MY OWN FAMILY are saying.

*shrugs*

Silly white people are silly.

Why does that make so much sense?🙄

I’m so done with the NFL, lifelong fan here.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It's not black folks pushing this for the most part, it's stupid white folks.

At least that's what the black folks IN MY OWN FAMILY are saying.

*shrugs*

Silly white people are silly.

Why does that make so much sense?🙄

I’m so done with the NFL, lifelong fan here.

NASCAR too? THis will be sung before each race.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Another fall down funny thread and lots of ignorant back and forth banter.

Personally you shouldn't care what anthem, song, dance is played before the NFL games.

Black Americans built America on their broad shoulders, took the punishment that many others couldn't, fought all the wars, did everything patriotic and we still are trying to define what they should do, which country is best for them and how they should conduct behave themselves in public.

Kind of hypocritical to me, don'tcha say?

Give it a rest. Grow up. Spend your time doing something more constructive towards the change that is coming, that is already happening. There is no way to stop it. Accept and embrace it instead of fighting it. It is actually hilarious reading all the complaining, bellyaching and whining going on here. It shows change is happening.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
When Queen Bey sang it, everyone loved it at Beyhella, right?

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma
Whereabouts in China, Ireland, Poland, Italy UK etc did those black skin people come from? Pretty sure some of them built the railways and roads.
You do understand that history books prove every color of skin was involved in building America and every society had its bias based on something. Being black is not something special, nor is any other color. Being a hard working provider for your family and community is something special, we need more.

You really should see that TOGETHER people changed things for the good of all. Not by dividing and demand a SINGLE group be given things due to their skin color and not their individual efforts.

You should also look around the world and see every color has poor people, has bad neighborhoods, has people with #ty attitudes and a "woe is me" the world is against me because "...." philosophy of life.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Would it be racist if I kneel during the Black National Anthem?

I would never kneel to that, but what fans dumb enough to attend, should all stand and turn their backs to the field or walk out of the grandstands and return for the REAL national anthem.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy
Personally, it's the WOKE that really bother me, they are what is pushing most of this crap.
I don't want to take anything at all away from black people, but, I don't want them to think that they can have it all, and then some.
It's getting to where that I am now a minority, it's just a few short years.

Minority, majority. . . . . we should all just be equal.

No special treatment to anyone, white, black, or in-between.

C'mon man! You know darn good and well we can't achieve unity and equality until each identity group has their own special flag, anthem, adjectives, and holidays. Get with the program!

edit on 4-7-2020 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
Black Americans built America on their broad shoulders, took the punishment that many others couldn't, fought all the wars, did everything patriotic and we still are trying to define what they should do, which country is best for them and how they should conduct behave themselves in public.

Kind of hypocritical to me, don'tcha say?

Yea, cause no white people fought, died, and labored for this country!

My Menorcan and Irish ancestors would like a word, Jaellma. Tell you about slavery before they brought 388000 Africans to supplement the slaves they already had.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: camain

Theoretically, I don't see a problem with them singing the National Anthem, followed by a song for Hispanics, Followed by a Black song, then one for Asians. Proportionally, there are 60% white population in the USA, followed by 16% Hispanic, and 13% Black, with 5% being Asian. Heck I would say do an Indian one too (1% of the population) that would cover the majority of Races. That said, I would say that it should be expected that everyone able, should stand for ALL of them.

In a nutshell.....

ONE NATION ?..........ONE ANTHEM ?

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You say, "Personally you shouldn't care what anthem, song, dance is played before the NFL games."
So that means that you just 'cared' enough to reply, so it appears that you do actually care about what anthem, song, dance, it played before the NFL games...
It's O.K. for you to think the way that you do, but not us white people?

Yes, you are correct, black people did help build America on their shoulders, ("help" is the key word here) but if you learn what the word history means, you will (or should) see that many others shared in the making of it. The Chinese did a lot, and of course, you forgot to mention that the Irish that were treated worse that the blacks, they also had a hand in making us great.
(That is by the white man's hand too, I admit that, slavery, but whites bought and SOLD their own, Africans did too though)
The difference is though, the Irish didn't do it for pride in helping of America, they were slaves, so they had no choice.
So in you saying that blacks built America, and they were patriotic, why are they trying to tear it down now?
The BIG difference is though, every Irish person ALL feel as though that America is their home and treat it with respect, and as far as I know I have never heard of one asking for reparations of any kind.

In your mind you are trying to live in Wakanda, that place is fictional, you need to learn that.

Now, that may sound harsh, but think of what you say before saying that black people are responsible for America.
If that is true, why is it that Africa didn't have much of anything when they were sold into slavery?
Why is it still to this day that they haven't built a REAL Wakanda?

Yes, I know, a black man invented peanut butter, so thank you.

I am asking seriously.

I treat others as they treat me, I honestly do. I remember back in the 60's before LBJ started screwing with people's lives and the way things were then. You won't believe it, but I never met one ADULT black person that was not as polite and respectful to everyone, not just me. I never met anyone that was a true racist either, if any racism existed then in Texas where I live now and lived then, it was few and far between.

edit on 4-7-2020 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This will make your national anthem quite alot less "national"... no?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Rolicia

There is a black nation in America?

Cuz I just assumed that 12% is rookie numbers compared to literally any nation on the African continent.

I aksed a guy from Mali the other night and he said he never heard of a black anthem but was certain it would have drums and chanting and almost no Americans could understand the lyrics.

so IDK sounds like some poser stuff to me.
edit on 6-7-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Yes, I know, a black man invented peanut butter, so thank you.

No, it was a white Canadian Marcellus Gilmore Edson who created peanut paste and early version of peanut butter.

Carver who you are thinking of did have over 300 patents for other things.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join