It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A LARGE scale study consisting of 2541 patients on hydroxychloroquine.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
It boils my blood to think how many people might've been saved if there hadn't been a politically-motivated hackjob on this drug.

Let's not forget the pharmaceutical industry is the biggest lobbying force in Congress. Not the "military-industrial complex" or the "gun lobby," it's drug companies.

You hit the nail squarely on the head, Pharma companies can be very corrupt. That does not mean that they all are though, there are some smaller pharma companies that are not corrupt or greedy, but they may belong to a pharma group that is that way as a means of protection for their company. You can get breaks on insurance if you belong to a group sometimes.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Not surprised at all, anyone that has been reading the write ups from europe, korea, japan know this thing works when used early in many cases.

God forbid we have access to a cheap medicine that has potential to help.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Here’s some clothes from the hitpiece you used a Phage .

That "hitpiece" is the actual study which is the topic of your thread.

edit on 7/3/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here is a new video from the 1st of July with Rudy Giuliani and the good doctor Zelenko Its a 33 minute watch, Very informative for me www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-7-2020 by themove1904 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Because he hates being wrong. All he does is post one liners and thinks it's squashes arguments.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Here’s some clothes from the hitpiece you used a Phage .

That "hitpiece" is the actual study which is the topic of your thread.

Actually the other word is Quotes it seems like a grammar Nazi like you would’ve been on top of that voice dictation because apparently it seems to be one of your biggest points . Then take a look at my threads page after page of the studies you “claimed” to have read which you obviously didn’t . Explaining how you exploit the parameters for the people involved in the testing so that you can make Hydroxychloroquine look “deadly” to justify your position the tens of thousands of people should die because you hate the mean orange man .

Get your personal feelings out of your scientific facts and actually judge is something on its merits .

Educate yourself and grow up.

Read the actual trials and studies then will discuss them I will only you .

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I read the study which is the topic of your thread. And I quoted it.

edit on 7/4/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Phage

Then you’re saying it does matter except in this instance ?

You were dismissive with the information for some reason why ?

Phage, I want to help you out on this one, but FireGlasses has a factual question here.
The study does show that Hydroxychloroquine and Zinc are effective. Additionally, the FDA sent this medication to Brazil.
Please, for the record, answer the question.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

1) I didn't say anything about peer review, much less that it doesn't matter. The question was a straw man.

2) I was not "dismissive." I pointed out that the authors of the study themselves are well aware of its flaws.

Here, again, is what I quoted from the study which is the topic of this thread.

These findings do support the recent NIH guidelines (Antiviral Therapy, 2020), indicating a potential role for hydroxychloroquine in treatment of hospitalized COVID-19 patients without co-administration of azithromycin. However, our results should be interpreted with some caution and should not be applied to patients treated outside of hospital settings. Our results also require further confirmation in prospective, randomized controlled trials that rigorously evaluate the safety, and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine therapy for COVID-19 in hospitalized patients.

source

There have been encouraging studies on the efficacy of hydroxycholoroquine and there have been studies which are not encouraging. This study is encouraging but, as yet, no studies have been completed which meet acceptable standards; controlled, randomized, and blinded.

This study does not say hydroxycholoroquine is a cure (or a preventative). It says that its use may result in fewer deaths of hosptialized patients.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

did you get my message Fallingdown

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Phage's dying friend: "I'm having a hard time facing death"

Phage: "Rocks are hard. You are having a difficult time"
edit on 4-7-2020 by Halfswede because: misspelled friend

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
It boils my blood to think how many people might've been saved if there hadn't been a politically-motivated hackjob on this drug.

Then it should all be gone when you realize that 99% of those who dies could have been saved had they used high dose IV Vitamin C.

Let's not forget the pharmaceutical industry is the biggest lobbying force in Congress. Not the "military-industrial complex" or the "gun lobby," it's drug companies.

Ype, and Vitamin C is cheaper and far more effective than HCQ and with ABSOLUTELY ZERO side effects (it is one of the few substances that does not have an LD-50 amount).

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

In Italy they assembled all the patient files that were already on Chloroquine for Lupus and Arthritis, none died in the pandemic, and to my memory none were hospitalized. A couple or so were positive for Covid but had no symptoms. This is a group who had pre existing illnesses which should have made them more vulnerable.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

You seem to be referring to this:

The article says that there are 65,000 patients in Italy taking HCQ chronically and that only 20 of them have tested positive for the virus. Now, you’d want to compare that to RA and lupus patients who were not taking HCQ, but it would still be quite interesting. If it were true.

Update: here’s the answer. The number is completely fictional. As mentioned here in the comments, the president of the Italian Rheumatology Society was contacted directly and states that this number is completely wrong, that the society is monitoring 150 patients in its registry, 20 of whom are taking hydroxychloroquine. The 65,000 number is bogus.

blogs.sciencemag.org...

There was no such survey. The claim was bogus.
twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The study shows that Hydroxychloroquine is barely better than just giving an antibiotic (Azothromycin). Neither one is that much better than doing neither.

The study also found those treated with azithromycin alone or a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin also fared slightly better than those not treated with the drugs, according to the Henry Ford data. The analysis found 22.4% of those treated only with azithromycin died, and 20.1% treated with a combination of azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine died, compared to 26.4% of patients dying who were not treated with either medication.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical
Is that the study done in a hospital setting, Thing is if you have to go to hospital or are taken in, your health is already compromised greatly, my mate here in Scotland had this , earlier in the year and had no test , he just rang in and he was told stay at home , self isolate which he did and found himself at deaths door , happily he pulled through, I think where the drug mixture works its wonders is when you first show symptoms and start on it straight away, by the time you have to go to hospital having had no treatment the virus has had a few days start

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Very interesting thanks for that.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Violater1

1) I didn't say anything about peer review, much less that it doesn't matter. The question was a straw man.

2) I was not "dismissive." I pointed out that the authors of the study themselves are well aware of its flaws.

Here, again, is what I quoted from the study which is the topic of this thread.

These findings do support the recent NIH guidelines (Antiviral Therapy, 2020), indicating a potential role for hydroxychloroquine in treatment of hospitalized COVID-19 patients without co-administration of azithromycin. However, our results should be interpreted with some caution and should not be applied to patients treated outside of hospital settings. Our results also require further confirmation in prospective, randomized controlled trials that rigorously evaluate the safety, and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine therapy for COVID-19 in hospitalized patients.

source

There have been encouraging studies on the efficacy of hydroxycholoroquine and there have been studies which are not encouraging. This study is encouraging but, as yet, no studies have been completed which meet acceptable standards; controlled, randomized, and blinded.

This study does not say hydroxycholoroquine is a cure (or a preventative). It says that its use may result in fewer deaths of hosptialized patients.

I'll take fewer deaths over more deaths, then.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

There are a nearly an innumerable number of videos across the web where doctors discuss their success with HCL and their patients. Even the CDC has this as a recommended treatment. HCL and specifically zinc sulfate.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

No kidding. I never see you quoting the parts of threads or making any mention of the fact that information is withheld from the other threads.

For instance The Brazil thread that was doom and gloom in the death of any chance for hydroxychloroquine .

The unending discussion and vilification of Trump for having optimism. Was really starting to bug me.

So I decided to look into the claims on Hydroxychloroquine it’s trials and Trump “ignoring science” and killing people.

They claimed the drugs only had “anecdotal “ evidence. Were they being honest or not?

Of course not the main stream media as usual was doing precisely what they were accusing Trump of.

Writing is what they do for a living for Christ sake. Of course they knew the meaning of the word anecdotal.
Which makes their reporting a straight out lie.

Websters....

an·ec·do·tal
/ˌanəkˈdōdl/

adjective
1 (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

The trials weren’t personal accounts there were facts and research was involved.

Didn’t take too long to find the actual clinical trial. (hard source)

Despite its small sample size our survey shows that hydroxychloroquine treatment is significantly associated with viral load reduction/disappearance in COVID-19 patients and its effect is reinforced by azithromycin.

The sampling of patients for this study was outside of the serious range. Which is important based upon the mainstream media’s “reporting”.

26 patients and 16 controls which makes it a double blind study. Though many news articles claimed it was only 26 patients.

Source

62 participants

Source

Source

Now some people might have a issue on China’s trials. But the findings along with other trials. Everybody can’t be “in on it”.

Even the media’s “ evidence” was favorable when you looked.

The media is holding this study up in France as Proof of a failure by Trump . Unless you go to the study. I haven’t seen that of course they left out some pertinent facts. Mainly that all the patients required oxygen upon admital for documented SARS- CoV-2-positive hypoxic pneumonia.

It was announced two days ago and not peer reviewed. Guess who made the determination. Yup the WHO .

Source

There’s a study from Brazil that was terminated early. With the media claiming it was bad news for the drug.

Again more disinformation.

It too was only tested in serious cases The protocol for testing was that so must be on deaths door, some of them were unconscious and some were even in shock.

They closed the study because the higher dose was killing the seriously ill patients. On page 4 they said that testing on patients that are seriously ill is urgently needed.

Source

“Oops wait a minute first study mentioned SARS-coV. Sounds familiar but I’m not 100% sure. I better double check and cover all my bases. Don’t wanna leave any openings”.

Hydroxychloroquine (an analogue of chloroquine) has been demonstrated to have an anti-SARS-CoV activity

This was a pain in the ass to find. I ended up going to scholarly Google and had to go to page 13 before they quit dissing Trump onCovid 19. But I got lucky.

SARS-coV , Covid 19 and MERS are all from the same strain.

Towards the end of its study I found this.

The antimalarial agents, *chloroquine (CQ), amodiaquine, and mefloquine have activity against SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV in vitro [36, 38, 39]. CQ is a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved antimalarial agent that is also used to treat autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory effects [40]. CQ has activity against a number of viruses in vitro and in vivo including flaviviruses

*hydroxychloroquine is a safer version of Chloroquine Which is already approved by the FDA.

Source

Moving on
This is from the WSJ and is complete BS.

Researchers say the published data and surveys may be small but already show that hydroxychloroquine doesn’t fully protect people from contracting the new virus.

No # WSJ nobody ever claimed it did! And the media wonders why people are drinking fish tank chemicals. Grrrrrr

Source

But the worst of all was the guardian. I guess it’s all that fog they breathe .

This weekend, Donald Trump used his daily White House coronavirus briefings to again urge Americans to take hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug that has not been shown to be safe or effective against Covid-19.

No he didn’t he urged patient to take it. Which is how that quote sounds to the gullible.

Yes it’s been proven to be effective despite minimization in the press.

Meanwhile, Dr Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease doctor, has repeatedly warned that there is no conclusive evidence to support using the drug. Asked whether it should be considered a treatment for Covid-19, he said on 24 March: ”The answer is no.”

Completely dishonest what happened to anecdotal evidence?

Source

So despite the media claims. With the exception of the world health organization ruling. The results show early administration of hydroxychloroquine helps prevent progression in hospitalized patients. Or is it ruled out in Brazil. Use at higher doses after the patient as progress to serious condition has its limitations and might even increase fatalities.

It doesn’t take a rocket science to figure out when to use it. There are also multiple studies which creates a large test group. I looked it up the average first round drug trial is 80 to 100 people.

At the very least the patient should be allowed to choose whether they want to use it.

This is America we’re all in this together. The media should use their voice to help give people a choice. Not fan the flames.

The show callous disregard for their own. Because of their actions a conservative would be far more likely to use the medicine that a liberal.

Hey MSM !!! While we appreciate the effort we would rather not see you kill any of them!

I don’t know if any of this is new information (not opinion)got to you guys or not. I hope I didn’t waste my effort using two hours on the phone explaining the obvious . Hydroxychloroquine Candy and does work. Anyone else making up excuses is just plain lying! Because “ Orange man mean @

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join