It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US shares hit as virus surges revive economic fears

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

I always thought that no matter the virus if you had it you had it, no immunity some people can be infected with one and it #s with them some people get it and it does nothing... how's this different?

It's partly about viral load , or the initial amount of virus that infects you. Let's say your housemate has coughed up some phlegm containing reproducing virus in the kitchen while making a sandwich . It's landed on a plate you're going to use . You're about to get a heavy viral load , which will infect you quickly and make you very ill . Contrast that with perhaps picking up a tiny amount to start with , the infection you get will be more minor symptoms .

Crucially , if you're a medic treating covid' patients you must wear ppe

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Time for honesty.

You’re Fauci — aren’t you?

Even Fauci doesn’t fearmonger like the OP does.
Fauci says a lot of “Maybe this and maybe that”, this guy has the entire world dying by the fall.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Uh-huh. Well, you had me at "heavy viral load".

Look, just bring on the second wave so freeloaders like myself can get some more stimulus money.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Medics treating anyone wear ppe.

me as a person I honestly don't give a damn about the corona virus more or less then I care about the flu, cold, ebola, sars, the Iraqi whooping cough, aids, and small pox... I would've chucked anthrax in there too but I guess bacteria is a bit different. Then again all the sh1t I just mentioned I had a little taste of except ebola or sars (I know of) still give 2 sh1ts less.

Cant fight sickness unless you live in a bubble and it sounds like you promote living in one or want everyone else around you to live in one.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Time for honesty.

Fauci says a lot of “Maybe this and maybe that”, this guy has the entire world dying by the fall.

Yeah right , it deliberately calls itself a zoonotic pandemic virus causing life threatening pneumonia .

But everything's just fine , eh ?

And even Fauci , who doesn't warn Americans if he decides not to

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

Uh-huh. Well, you had me at "heavy viral load".

Look, just bring on the second wave so freeloaders like myself can get some more stimulus money.

Yeah I am starting to subscribe to the Leftist theory of free sh!t for everyone, I am tired of busting my ballz for money.
Hell I will wear a mask in my sleep, just give me free sh!t.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
FINE, I'll take the free money to. may as well buy more gold and land with it.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

me as a person I honestly don't give a damn about the corona virus more or less then I care about the flu, cold, ebola, sars, the Iraqi whooping cough, aids, and small pox... I would've chucked anthrax in there too but I guess bacteria is a bit different. Then again all the sh1t I just mentioned I had a little taste of except ebola or sars (I know of) still give 2 sh1ts less.

Cant fight sickness unless you live in a bubble and it sounds like you promote living in one or want everyone else around you to live in one.

It's not about you and it's not about me , it's about a global pandemic . It matters no shreds what you or I think , what it does to the world will be what it wants to pan out .

And your first statement is completely false .

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Time for honesty.

Yeah right , it deliberately calls itself a zoonotic pandemic virus causing life threatening pneumonia .

You must have missed my thread from earlier today then.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How do you explain this?

A new study suggests that as many as 8.7 million Americans came down with coronavirus in March, but more than 80% of them were never diagnosed.
A team of researchers looked at the number of people who went to doctors or clinics with influenza-like illnesses that were never diagnosed as coronavirus, influenza or any of the other viruses that usually circulate in winter.

www.cnn.com...

stm.sciencemag.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It's clear some posters take a completely self oriented and egocentric point of view at every opportunity. It's no wonder they're confused and annoyed when ' the community ' comes to
( deliberately or f course ) offend and scare them with facts about everyone else s lives as a whole , mattering too ....

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

CEO of the American Association for the Advancement of Science Rush D. Holt, Jr. wrote, in his article, “Scientific Drivers for Diplomacy,” published in Science & Diplomacy: “Beyond providing knowledge and applications to benefit human welfare, scientific cooperation is a useful part of diplomacy—scientific cooperation to work on problems across borders and without boundaries, cooperation made possible by the international language and methodology of science, cooperation in examining evidence that allows scientists to get beyond ideologies and form relationships that allow diplomats to defuse politically explosive situations.”[51] Holt was the U.S. Representative for New Jersey's 12th congressional district from 1999 to 2015, and has a PhD in Physics from New York University.

Many of the global challenges related to health, economic growth, and climate change lay at the intersection of science and international relations.[52

Time for honesty.

How do you explain this?

A new study suggests that as many as 8.7 million Americans came down with coronavirus in March, but more than 80% of them were never diagnosed.
A team of researchers looked at the number of people who went to doctors or clinics with influenza-like illnesses that were never diagnosed as coronavirus, influenza or any of the other viruses that usually circulate in winter.

www.cnn.com...

stm.sciencemag.org...

CEO of the American Association for the Advancement of Science Rush D. Holt, Jr. wrote, in his article, “Scientific Drivers for Diplomacy,” published in Science & Diplomacy: “Beyond providing knowledge and applications to benefit human welfare, scientific cooperation is a useful part of diplomacy—scientific cooperation to work on problems across borders and without boundaries, cooperation made possible by the international language and methodology of science, cooperation in examining evidence that allows scientists to get beyond ideologies and form relationships that allow diplomats to defuse politically explosive situations.”[51] Holt was the U.S. Representative for New Jersey's 12th congressional district from 1999 to 2015, and has a PhD in Physics from New York University.

Many of the global challenges related to health, economic growth, and climate change lay at the intersection of science and international relations.[52

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

stop , just stop passing OPINION and FEAR MONGERING as fact.

your every comment is shot down with FACTS.

I wont go over all of them but give just one to show your complete lack of reality.

the claim we are gonna "overwhelm" the hospitals by claiming two states are at 80 percent capacity.

first how many are ACTUALLY FROM COVID, how many are actually staying and is the capacity include the fact alot of elective (using that term loosely) surgeries/procedures are NOT BEING DONE so all that room is available.

that hospitals are ACTUALLY LAYING OFF personnel due to lack of business.. given most could be used for an "outbreak" seems they are not needed for that.

along with many purposely built hospitals, extra spaces reserved (like McCormick center in Chicago IL) and (as stated before) open hospital space THAT WAS NOT USED.
hell even in the "hot spot" of NYC that a navy hospital ship was provided (by trump ) they only saw about 50 patients MAX.. Not all at once but OVER THE WHOLE TIME THERE.

Now add the FACT (you can find it on their own website ) that the CDC has as procedure to code deaths as covid if "you suspect or they show symptoms" and (the smoking gun) "TESTING NOT REQUIRED" (their own damn words ).

look at all levels while this virus is a threat to a small few with SPECIFIC set of factors (and to be fair those RARITY THAT # JUST HAPPENS) but not to the population as a whole.

your whole arguments fall apart with basic facts .

scrounger

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

BTW need I remind you the "experts" (like you claim to be) said under their "models" that even taking the actions we have to expect one to two million deaths.

fool me once, shame on you
fool me twice , shame on me
continue to repeat the same claims after that... YOUR A RAVING FOOL.

scrounger

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

get a heavy viral load , which will infect you quickly and make you very ill . Contrast that with perhaps picking up a tiny amount to start with , the infection you get will be more minor symptoms .

Have any links to support this. I don't think it is that cut and dry.

If this were the case why look for a vaccine? Just give everyone a very small viral load, every however many months the antibodies last. I would actually let them jab me with that, maybe.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
got the flue a few times once no big deal other times more of a problem that does not make the flue any less of danger
. 80 % mild miens 20 % with a really bad sickness of which many of the 20% will die .
20 % of american population 60 million people apx .
how many people did the common cold kill last year ?

No big deal nothing to see move along .

20% of our population haven't gotten the virus. The CDC says 2.3 million have been confirmed. that's less than 1%.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Time for honesty.

How do you explain this?

www.cnn.com...

stm.sciencemag.org...

Apparently you guys are pretty good at making word salad.
One question though....Ranch dressing or Russian dressing?
I like Russian.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

It's not about you and it's not about me , it's about a global pandemic . It matters no shreds what you or I think , what it does to the world will be what it wants to pan out .

And your first statement is completely false .

I choose liberty and freedom over bull# news worthy doctor reports fed into a toxic system. If your afraid of getting sick then stay at home in your house, if your not then don't, stay clean and all that.

My first statement, do you know what a medic is? Well I wasn't in the Army but I was in the Marines so I had a corpsmen and he was in the Navy and he was like a medic. I did something a bit different then other people in the service and a lot the same in the service and my corpsmen always in the middle of # when possible wore ppe to deter infection while fighting wars in the field , he was a good shooter too covered in all of our blood, if you suggest medic as in America or any other place with a hospital, my wife is a practitioner nurse and she wears what's appropriate to evaluate and do her patients regular or irregular health regardless to none.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

We must be more concerned about situations where somebody receives a massive dose of the virus (we have no data on how large that might be but bodily fluids from those infected with other viruses can contain a million, and up to a hundred million viruses per ml), particularly through inhalation.

“Unfortunately, we don’t yet know enough about the distribution of the COVID-19 virus throughout the body of the infected patients in normal, and unusual situations.

“Under such circumstances the virus receives a massive jump start, leading to a massive innate immune response, which will struggle to control the virus to allow time for acquired immunity to kick-in while at the same time leading to considerable inflammation and a cytokine storm.

“For most of us, it’s hard to see how we could receive such a high dose; it’s going to be a rare event. In the COVID-19 clinic, the purpose of PPE is to prevent such large exposures leading to high dose infection. Situations we should be concerned about are potential high dose exposure of clinical staff conducting procedures on patients who are not known to be infected. I read about a Chinese description of an early stage COVID-19 infection of the lung, which only came about because lung cancer patients (not known to be infected) had lobectemies. There have been suggestions that such situations contributed to the deaths of medics in Wuhan, who were conducting normal procedures (including some that could generate aerosols of infected fluids) before the spread and risk had been appreciated.

“Obviously, testing of patients for infection should now be a priority for any such procedures. Some of the relevant elective procedures have been postponed or scaled back (for patient and staff safety) but we can’t do the same for non-elective procedures (especially in emergency and maternity departments).”

link

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

a reply to: LookingAtMars

We must be more concerned about situations where somebody receives a massive dose of the virus (we have no data on how large that might be but bodily fluids from those infected with other viruses can contain a million, and up to a hundred million viruses per ml), particularly through inhalation.

“Unfortunately, we don’t yet know enough about the distribution of the COVID-19 virus throughout the body of the infected patients in normal, and unusual situations.

“Under such circumstances the virus receives a massive jump start, leading to a massive innate immune response, which will struggle to control the virus to allow time for acquired immunity to kick-in while at the same time leading to considerable inflammation and a cytokine storm.

“For most of us, it’s hard to see how we could receive such a high dose; it’s going to be a rare event. In the COVID-19 clinic, the purpose of PPE is to prevent such large exposures leading to high dose infection. Situations we should be concerned about are potential high dose exposure of clinical staff conducting procedures on patients who are not known to be infected. I read about a Chinese description of an early stage COVID-19 infection of the lung, which only came about because lung cancer patients (not known to be infected) had lobectemies. There have been suggestions that such situations contributed to the deaths of medics in Wuhan, who were conducting normal procedures (including some that could generate aerosols of infected fluids) before the spread and risk had been appreciated.

“Obviously, testing of patients for infection should now be a priority for any such procedures. Some of the relevant elective procedures have been postponed or scaled back (for patient and staff safety) but we can’t do the same for non-elective procedures (especially in emergency and maternity departments).”

link

again alot of words from "experts" that sound good

too bad they dont match the FACTS / hard numbers ...

i guess your trying the old tactic

if you cant defend it with facts, overwhelm them with BS.

scrounger

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Sorry , a medic in the UK can be any medical practitioner , but it's also the word specifically used in America for a paramedic in the armed forces

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join