It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheat, yep, it may come down to wheat that puts many businesses out the door

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
OK, ATS members, hmm should I call this another of MIM's "Steet Talk". Sure why not.

Keep an eye on the "wheat" deals.

On the international level this can occur.
1. no pasta (or a severe shortage of it )
2. no Mr Donuts ( no wheat )
3. no food stock for the animals ( by December meat shortages )

The list will continue as time passes.

This "wheat" is NOT about American shortage

There is some "street talk" going on in Washington . It has to do with the corona virus. Yep! I just gave you ATS members something you may not be aware of. ( keep in mind, the wind of change is happening all around us these days )

Some of you here are Montana farmers, keep us informed on this. Or, you can email U.S. Sen. Jon Tester, I'm sure if what I found out actually takes place, he ain't going to be happy.
Also did you guys know that 3 Japanese companies own or in part of 29 grain elevators . How the hell did this happen ? Oh, maybe just like the Chinese buying up our food processing plants.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
No farms, no food.
No fuel, no farms.

I should probably stock up on fuel, and food.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
No farms, no food.
No fuel, no farms.

This is not about a wheat shortage in America.
Also, Russia put a ban on exports of its wheat last year. (I don't know if its been lifted now )

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We eat too much bread anyway. I'm not worried. You are aware that livestock eat a lot more than straw, aren't you?

This just seems like an "I know something you don't" post. That's another problem here, people that want to keep "secrets" to make it look like they know a lot more than they do. Prove me wrong and tell us what you know or it's all BS.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: a325nt
No farms, no food.
No fuel, no farms.

This is not about a wheat shortage in America.
Also, Russia put a ban on exports of its wheat last year. (I don't know if its been lifted now )

So have other countries, so what? This is not going to be a game-changer, it's going to be a cyclical shortage. One that happens now and then.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
We eat too much bread anyway. I'm not worried. You are aware that livestock eat a lot more than straw, aren't you?

This just seems like an "I know something you don't" post. That's another problem here, people that want to keep "secrets" to make it look like they know a lot more than they do. Prove me wrong and tell us what you know or it's all BS.

It doesn't belong in the BS bin. Its only speculation at this point what "may" take place due to the corona virus situation. It's only street talk so its not "I know something and you don't " I'm just letting up on what a few people ( not as this morning anyway ) knew about what could take place at the political level concerning the corona virus and the possible shortage of American wheat that is exported.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A lack of bread is a bad omen, I hope you are wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
But this is old news, they've been talking about it for months. Do a search for wheat shortage and you'll get lots of responses going back to last year regarding this year's crop, livestock issues, etc.

It's not news.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Wheat, yep, it may come down to wheat that puts many businesses out the door

Is "wheat" a new term for democrat?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Winter wheat prices are dropping precipitously because it's been a bumper growing season here in the US. This OP is expressing a lack of knowledge of crop futures and market forces.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

But this is old news, they've been talking about it for months. Do a search for wheat shortage and you'll get lots of responses going back to last year regarding this year's crop, livestock issues, etc.

It's not news.

show me a link where wheat and the corona virus come into play

its not about an American shortage of wheat for Americans which I've stated. It has to do with the economic impact of the exportation of American wheat and how the corona virus may affect that.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Winter wheat prices are dropping precipitously because it's been a bumper growing season here in the US. This OP is expressing a lack of knowledge of crop futures and market forces.

Perhaps someone knows what I've been posting. If exports of American wheat may come to a halt due to the corona virus, then yes, prices will drop as you have stated. This is a high level political move. Has absolutely nothing to do with a shortage of American wheat for the Americans. Its a chain reaction that can happen overseas without American wheat and I posted 3 examples of something here businesses are concerned about.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

It doesn't belong in the BS bin. Its only speculation at this point what "may" take place due to the corona virus situation. It's only street talk so its not "I know something and you don't " I'm just letting up on what a few people ( not as this morning anyway ) knew about what could take place at the political level concerning the corona virus and the possible shortage of American wheat that is exported.

Look at it from our perspective. You enthusiastically post something you think is a breaking news story (which I understand), but the reality of it is not that at all. Like I said, things like this have been reported for months and everyone knows about the transportation issues with Covid. I buy two meds through a Canadian pharmacy due to the much lower cost. Shipping has been delayed by weeks because of other countries having shut down their ports. One of these is extremely important and I'm not supposed to miss a dose. Fortunately my surgeon's office has been able to provide samples to get me by until my order gets here but it's already a month overdue.

So yes, we know about shipping issues, import/export issues, wheat and rice shortages or a potential glut now driving prices down. Good for you for noticing, I'm just telling you why I interpreted your OP the way I did.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It's not news.

show me a link where wheat and the corona virus come into play

its not about an American shortage of wheat for Americans which I've stated. It has to do with the economic impact of the exportation of American wheat and how the corona virus may affect that.

You just did.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Prices have dropped because it is anticipated that there will be a glut of wheat on the market. COVID has some to do with that, but mostly as it relates to a recent reduction in demand for wheat for livestock feed. Every technical chart is calling wheat futures a buy right now. The price drops have essentially hit the floor and, moving forward, demand for wheat will climb. The US in recent years has seen higher prices right now thanks to drought conditions in Europe and in the US heartland, neither of which is experiencing drought this summer.

Wheat isn't like meat... it doesn't go from field to consumer "fresh" and is stored for a spell, which insulates it from the COVID fears we've seen striking the meat markets. No country is going to block US wheat exports over Coronavirus. Your pasta, bread, and recreational bedroom flour supplies are safe, man.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I live in Kansas there is no wheat shortage here.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
We're a bread eating nation, even if there was a disruption, we have lotsa wheats everywhere!!

***I actually do not know that, I'm making assumptions based off US ability to store.
edit on 23-6-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
No wheat no beer brotherman going postal

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Are you thinking of hops.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345

originally posted by: Brotherman

Are you thinking of hops.

Wheat is also used in brewing beer. Make a beer from just hops and it will draw your asshole up to your armpits.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join