It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Archive Your Posts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Bummer news coming down the pike... Transparency On The Future

I know a lot of you have put a lot of investigative work into some of these topics, so I thought I would help some of you back up your more important/interesting threads.

This information is for Mac OSX but the same principle will apply anywhere... in a nutshell... just print your thread to a PDF.

First - Find the thread you want to archive... and hit that little printer button.

-------------------------------

Second - Determine how many pages of the archive you would like to save (if you just want your post... or comments as well). Make sure to find the option that lets you save to a PDF and not actually go to your physical printer.

-------------------------------

Third - Enjoy your PDF.

That 12 comment post was about 872kb.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Thanks!! I was wondering how to save my work.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I have nothing I want to archive, If something happens to this site, then my words will go unheard for eternity, hopefully people actually paid attention and researched what I said themselves to try to understand what I unearthed.

I never expected what I said to last forever anyway. I am getting tired of researching things, I think maybe I will take up fishing again or start a garden, what I try to teach people often goes against consensus of the time, with all the fad nutrition and deception in pharmacology, I now am not a believer in what is being spewed in nutrition and medicine so much anymore. I am also not afraid of most of the diseases they want us to fear anymore, If you know how things work, it makes it hard to fear anymore....and you say oh crap, I should have known better when you mess up after not paying attention to your own words.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Ummm...I paid attention brother...your my go to guide for diet/nutritional related subjects...I've always borrowed from your research...and just want to let you know how much I value your work...

I didn't take the time to give you any kudo's before now...but all the same...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

thanks for that. I noticed though that some threads are not being saved completely. In the pdf save as option "I save all" but in 1 example I lost 100 pages

Using Opera browser and built in function

??

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Unfortunately there are way too many variations in computers across the board for me to be of much use further than what I posted.

There could be page limit for printing PDFs, you might try doing it in sections. Pages 1- 50... Pages 51-100, etc.

Might try a different browser... I've had flawless results in Safari.

Sorry I can't be of more help on that.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Thanks worth installing safari if that works. Will try it

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You can always archive online at archive.is and archive.org.

I did, last night.

I think it would be a travesty if this comment to one of my threads -- from Bridget08 -- was erased from the historical record. Her sister was murdered and the implications are enormous: Link

I am sure I am not the only one that knows what amazing truths are right here at ATS.
edit on 6/18/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

How can we save - for example - collaborative writing?

I don't want to print the whole thing out - but I do want a copy of it - in it's entirety.

The Voyages of the Penelope and the Yydryl

edit on 3619Thursday202013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There's no option for printer anywhere on my screen on the thread I posted above.

Now what?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Odd...I see one.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Here you go... this is a direct download link from WeTransfer for a 4mb file of that entire thread.

Dowload Link

That expires in a week.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Thanks for this although it's not clear why there can't be archived content available for anyone else too.
Not for personal sakes particularly but it's very suspicious and they're clammy about what's up , not that transparent at all . No clear answer by a long shot when it came to web crawlers and archivists .

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'm going to miss you so much my friend.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Also for downloading single posts;
Press the "quote" button.
On the edit box that appears, use your browser to "Select all". (Edit out the "quote" instructions first, if you're picky)
Then "copy" so that you can "paste" in some other location, like a fresh "Word" document (which is what I do).

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

I'm going to miss you so much my friend.

Well, first of all, this site may not be changing much, it is just a concern right now. Things could fall into place and it might be years before anything happens.....Hopefully

There are not many people who go by rickymouse out there on the net. People will be able to find me because I will continue posting somewhere. Remember, small r

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Within the browser youre using

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

There's actually a way to archive all of your posts automatically, but it's complicated, requires some programming, preferably a Linux machine where the scripts will run and a list of urls of all of your posts. Downloading each post is done with some pause intervals so the ATS servers are not overloaded. Posts are saved as simple text files, no graphics. With that said I wish that every forum site had a button to download all of your work.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have nothing I want to archive, If something happens to this site, then my words will go unheard for eternity, hopefully people actually paid attention and researched what I said themselves to try to understand what I unearthed.

I never expected what I said to last forever anyway. I am getting tired of researching things, I think maybe I will take up fishing again or start a garden, what I try to teach people often goes against consensus of the time, with all the fad nutrition and deception in pharmacology, I now am not a believer in what is being spewed in nutrition and medicine so much anymore. I am also not afraid of most of the diseases they want us to fear anymore, If you know how things work, it makes it hard to fear anymore....and you say oh crap, I should have known better when you mess up after not paying attention to your own words.

Many of us do listen, you have added lots of valuble info on diet/nutrition, what foods are applicable, or not, to a condition.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing how to do this. There are lots of interesting threads on this site.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join