It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news, Atlanta!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Un #ing believable

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright
a reply to: TheLieWeLive
Maybe. Or maybe in his desperation to escape he might have endangered another citizen. Maybe jack a car or something. He might have turned himself in the next day, he might have caused harm to someone else. A lot of mights to go around. What he did do, not maybe, but definitely, was attack a police officer.

I’m not defending his actions, what he did was stupid, but the cops over reaction was also stupid. No maybe to it.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The guy tried to shoot him in the head with a taser, then ran off, after resisting arrest for about 20 minutes.

How is it an overreaction?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: CryHavoc

If they press charges against that Atlanta cop every police officer in the country should just walk away from their jobs.

I really do think the police should stage a national strike. Basically announce the police will no longer chase or apprehend any criminal suspects. Just say screw it. Let the purge begin and see what happens. It should be a great experiment.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

If they press charges against that Atlanta cop every police officer in the country should just walk away from their jobs.

I really do think the police should stage a national strike. Basically announce the police will no longer chase or apprehend any criminal suspects. Just say screw it. Let the purge begin and see what happens. It should be a great experiment.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

The guy tried to shoot him in the head with a taser, then ran off, after resisting arrest for about 20 minutes.

How is it an overreaction?

20 minutes of resisting arrest and no back up called? Could you link that video please, I didn’t see that one.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

I thought I heard the DA say that in Atlanta it is illegal to fire even a taser at someone who is running away let alone a firearm.

Tennessee v. Garner still applies in Atlanta whether the DA likes it or not. Assault two cops, strip a weapon from one, then try to use that weapon against them, it doesn’t matter which direction you’re facing when you try to use that weapon. You’re a danger to officers and the public.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Love how the DA and the court of public get to decide.
🍺👍🏻

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I hate to admit it, but if it was a white dude that got shot for being utterly stupid - taking a police officers weapon from him and then attempting to use it on said officer, and dude got himself smoked... there wouldn’t be a peep about it in the media.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just want to point out that if Keisha Lance Bottoms does become Biden's VP pick, then the campaign slogans would be;

Sniffer/Bottoms 2020
Groper/Bottoms 2020
Feeler/Bottoms 2020

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This could get very bad very fast.

The traffic cameras are still working.
GDOT 511

These tower cameras should give an overall view if major fires break out.

Now for the popcorn.
edit on 6 17 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Woman shot, killed by cops

No one really knows why except she apparently threatened them, but there was no gun in her car.

I'll bet no one has had heard of this case ... she was white, btw.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Since the police don’t want to do their jobs under totally unreasonable conditions, like getting charged for murder for defending yourself, the Mayor has been putting in calls to mutual aid jurisdictions. They are refusing to respond to any calls other than one for an officer down.

Atlanta is not going to have a good time for the forseeable future.

The prosecutor is apparently intending to use the case to grandstand for his asinine political position. Which is shameful conduct for any prosecutor regardless of political leaning.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I tried to look into it, but does anyone know if the DAs office have connections to the Open Society Foundation or the NYU Fellows program?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Guess what? They are.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Someone made a collage thing of info they dug up about the DA but i can’t find it now.

If i find it i’ll post it.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It doesn't matter.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Never have I thought “Hotlanta” would be so ironically appropriate. Stay safe out there ATS

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
I’m not defending his actions, what he did was stupid, but the cops over reaction was also stupid. No maybe to it.

There was no over reaction. The shooting was totally justified.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
originally posted by: tanstaafl
"Or after he killed someone else?"

So he killed someone?

He was a felon on parole, desperate to escape, violently resisted arrest, stole a tazer from one of the officers he was fighting with, ran away, then turned and shot the tazer at the other officer, who, incidentally, in the heat of the moment, had no idea what it was being pointed at him.

Please stop making excuses for stupidity.
edit on 19-6-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join