It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Rayshard Brooks (Atlanta) have been charged with, if he lived?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So Atlanta's on fire. Highways being blocked.

But I have a question:

What would Rayshard Brooks, who was shot and killed by an Atlanta Police Officer, have been charged with, if he lived?

DUI?
Resisting Arrest?
Stealing an Officers' Taser?
Evading Arrest?
Threatening Officers with a Taser?

As soon as he Evaded Arrest, he became a Fugitive.

Any form of threatening a Police Officer can justify Use of Force.

Can anyone think of anything else Brooks could have been charged with?

EDIT:
Thanks Guyfriday
Assaulted a Police Officer
Shot a Taser at a Police Officer
edit on 14-6-2020 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

What's it matter?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Had he not started to resist arrest, likely just DUI or some other charge relating to being intoxicated.

But the charges get far more serious the minute he starts fighting with the officers in an attempt to avoid being arrested.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman

What's it matter?

Everyone seems to forget the charges/criminal activity once the person is dead.

This Court of Public Opinion called ATS should know the answers if they are going to be able to discuss it honestly.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

From the one video out there, he also assaulted a police officer, and shot the taser at one. Shooting was justified, but the outcry isn't.

Again this is a situation where some one want the black community to rally behind someone that fails to represent the black community in a good light, instead of highlighting the fact that there are many good examples of injustice that takes place everyday to real pillars of the black community. Herofy the villain and vilify the heroes.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
And it's not like the cops were just hassling him out of the blue either for driving while black. Rayshard was passed out in line at a drive-thru and blocking it for all the other patrons.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Rayshard was passed out in line at a drive-thru and blocking it for all the other patrons.

OMG!! Nooo! So...kill him!

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

Rayshard was passed out in line at a drive-thru and blocking it for all the other patrons.

As I said, had Rayshard not done the idiot thing and fought arrest, all he would have likely gotten was DUI. But they couldn't just ticket him and let him go because anyone who is so intoxicated they pass out cannot be safe to get themselves home, if they aren't a danger to themselves, they're definitely a danger to others. Do you want to share the roads with someone who might pass out again?

But Rayshard won the stupid prize by fighting with the cop, stealing his weapon (yes, a taser is a weapon), running with it, and then turning back to point it at the officer and fire it.

And that last is what got him killed, not the being passed out intoxicated.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA
I guess you missed the part where he assaulted a police officer, stole his taser, and fired it at him. You want to pretend they just rolled up on a past out guy at a drive through and just shot him.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Depends also if he was on parole or probation, he could easily have been sent right to prison for the full length of whatever conviction he was out for. But if that were the case it would be public knowledge I'm sure.

Either way, in this instance if I were on the jury it would be not guilty on all counts . I respect the balance of personal choices. The dead mans choices led to his own demise by immediately showing himself to be a danger to others. And from what I read, there was a buldge responding officers noticed in the pocket in which Ray stated was a wad of cash. If he was not searched before the sobriety test there was the off chance he had a concealed weapon he was ready to use that would not only be a lethal threat to the peace officers, but possibly the public. That possibility plus this mans choices are what lead to his demise.

With the available information I have , which is one single skimmed article so far its just not that interesting to me I'm on not guilty. But there are unanswered questions in my own deliberation, and new facts can sway my current verdict.

But as of now, NOT GUILTY

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25243488]CryHavoc[/post

Resisting Arrest .

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

You did not read anything of the OP , did you ?
Yet , felt a need to reply anyway.

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
It's what I do .

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Whatever charges he may or may not have received is irrelevant to the discussion of whether or not the officer's shooting of him was justified.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You touch a police officer's weapon , and what happens next is their discretion.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Whatever charges he may or may not have received is irrelevant to the discussion of whether or not the officer's shooting of him was justified.

Read my post directly below yours.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

He Also Stole the Officers Taser . Ad Theft to that to .

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well seeing as how the officer was immediately fired, the Atalanta PD apparently disagreed with his discretion.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

And just how are you going to figure out if it was justified, if you ignore what he did before he was shot?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

He was fired. That gives me a good idea.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman
Or they are caving to appease the violent mobs they knew would follow.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join