It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters threaten to occupy part of Tennessee capital .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Michigan is open carry and the people with the guns were doing just that . I personally don't agree it is the place for weapons but it wasn't against the law. I also think Whitmer brought those protests on herself with her petty attitude toward the people of Michigan .

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If they try to take a town in Tn it will be loads of fun for them.Mostly .556/223.You wouldn`t believe how ready a lot of the vets and normally quiet folk want to take it to them.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Bill Lee is my Governor. A word of advice, do not screw with him. Bill grew up in construction, he lost his wife in an accident. He will play rough as will most Tennesseean's. The State boys from THP will bust some heads.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

originally posted by: Liquesence
But armed protesters taking over a Michigan Statehouse is A-ok.

Talk about double standards and hypocrisy.

Oh wait, they were conservatives...

Did they loot the place and then burn it ? Did they assault anyone ? Did they set up an "autonomous zone " ?

The answer to the above is No. Pull your head out.

Nuff said.

Sadly, some people can't comprehend the difference between wanting freedom, and terrorism.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Geez , if this is coming to Joisey , I am gonna get Perturbed Real Fast . And If My Walmart Closes , I am gonna Consider Visiting My Dead Relatives Soon . Gettin' To Old for this Sheit . I do hear Heaven is Heavenly though .........(

edit on 12-6-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Wait... So what about these guys? Was it ok for them to protest?

www.theguardian.com...

Conservative protest OK. Liberal protest bad?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

There is a huge difference when a conservative protests and when a liberal protests. Liberals want revolution, aka instability, to introduce a new process. Conservatives on the hand are the exact opposite, aka conservative. they want to keep things the same, they don't like change. they want the same old same old. Additionally, when Conservatives protest, they go, the protest, they leave. When a liberal protests, they trash the place, EVERY SINGLE TIME. they want to protest a pipeline, they scream and holler, and stay forever. They damage property, fight for green crap etc, etc, oh and by the way, they leave all their trash all over the place. The spray paint crap, the destroy, loot, and riot. Is their idiots on the right that do this, yes, however they are VERY FEW, compared to liberals, which have a predominent wild far left. The far left makes up 30% of the democratic party. the Far right idiots, make up less than 3%. Yes there are evangelical, and war hawks on the right you got to deal with, but their very nature is to keep things the same. Put simply they don't trash the place.

Camain

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Fallingdown

Wait... So what about these guys? Was it ok for them to protest?

www.theguardian.com...

Conservative protest OK. Liberal protest bad?

Ah , You See THEM Looting and Burning Down Buildings ? Did I somehow Miss the Reports of Conservatives Berating your Ahass on a Public Street , then Beating You Senseless ? No , so STFU Already Man ! ...........

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Bill Lee is my Governor. A word of advice, do not screw with him. Bill grew up in construction, he lost his wife in an accident. He will play rough as will most Tennesseean's. The State boys from THP will bust some heads.

i was gonna say wait till the governor calls up volunteers.
think they may have picked the wrong state this time.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm done with this farce. If they want to promote destruction of property, looting & lawlessness in the streets it's time to roll the tanks and breakout the blackhawks, enough already.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

This wuestions only been answered 30 times during this thread . And the position failed miserably every time .

Did they seize Capital by force and declare a portion of Lansing for their own ?

Right now I’m gonna give an example of the difference between conservatives and liberals .

If the liberals showed up for one day to protest with long guns then left without any violence . Yes I would support them 100% .

No I assume your response is going to be the liberals in CHAZ with guns haven’t hurt anybody . The protesters before this sure is hell did.

Would you support 100 liberals outside of Planned Parenthood demanding identification before someone entered ?

The difference between us and you is that we will be honest and not hypocrites every time we open our mouth .?

Now give me an honest answer to my question above. I bet you won’t .

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The vast majority of liberals are unable to see any fault in anything they do. When they do see fault they will ignore it and lie .

I used to do something that’s not appropriate here. It was called micro bumping .

I paid attention to things people said. Then when I caught them in a purposeful lie just to further their cause.

I would pull up a reply that shows they are lying on purpose . It catches someone flat footed without excuses when you use their own words against them .

Needless to say I wasn’t real popular with most liberals .lol

But the few honest libs didn’t mind.

You can make friends with those guys and have actual discussions .

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I see a very one sided confrontation in their future. Tennessee is friendly but well armed and if you do make them mad....

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Remember...please post about the possible issue in Tennesssee

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Member must Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read:.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I said in another thread that it won't go down like it did in Seattle. The Governor doesn't screw around.

Nashville isn't as red as the rest of the state, but that's only because a lot of yahoos move there with their heads up their asses about country stardom and BS like that. The people that move to Nashville or work in Nashville rarely venture outside of the city or gentrified locations.

Nashville mayor John Cooper, while a Democrat, isn't as liberal a politician as other Democrats. He's on record for being against sanctuary cities, and his fiscal policies aren't as liberal as the Democrat mayors of governors in other states and cities.

As it stands the protestors are being allowed to exercise their first ammendment rights, but Governor Lee has made it clear that any attempt to set up an autonomous zone will lead to arrests.

So, far I haven't heard much from any of my acquaintances who went to watch events unfold, but the lack of any major news updates has lead to me thinking that it's not going to pan out in the protestor's favor in setting up an AZ.

So far some protestors have set up food and drink tables and tents, and having some hippy ass drum circles, but apparently the real drama is expected to start tomorrow.

I've heard that a few thousand extra protestors are supposed to be showing up tomorrow to march and protest.

It probably won't be pretty. If any violent behavior starts you can expect the police to act in a manner that lefties/liberals will claim is inhumane.

Even if Mayor Cooper decides for whatever reason to allow the protestors to begin setting up an AZ, Governor Lee will act and shut it down.
edit on 1362020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: BrianFlanders

They did this with City Hall’s and college campuses in the 60s . Some were resolved with violence including bombs and some not .

This is not the 60s though.

Annnnnnnd ..........?

And technology matters. And culture matters. And changes in society matter.
edit on 13-6-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Does any of that change the similarities between the two time periods ?

edit on 13-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This now puts me on the front lines in a city I helped build. I dont take to kindly to that, and this aint Seattle full of hippies and junkies. If citizens can take over a section of city then citizens can also take BACK a section of city.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
I see a very one sided confrontation in their future. Tennessee is friendly but well armed and if you do make them mad....
Believe me we're mad.Madder than Hell and ready to take hell to Antifa.Most of us are not mad at people protesting peacefully for police reform as long as they are civil.When you start blocking roads,looting and trying anarchy you are going to really piss people off you shouldn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join