It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada - police under the microscope now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Since the murder of George Floyd, it appears that Canadians are jumping in the band waggon of police brutality.
2 videos in question are being shared on social media.

The first video, has an Indian Chief berating a cop, verbally assaulting the officer, challenging the officer to a fight, then resisting arrest.
The officers backup arrived and took the belligerent chief down.
The chief started trying to fight the officer, so the cop gave him a slap.

The video and news article can be seen here:

Chief taken dow

The second video shows Winnipeg police trying to arrest a man who broke into a building, smashed a $10,000 piece of granite, threaten people in the building, then pull a hand gun out and started pointing it at people.

A Fricken dangerous situation. With a clearly dangerous per.
In the video, it shows the police wrestling with the man.
One of the officers is seen kicking the guy in the ar to get him to roll onto his chest.

Gun happy vandal

Our bleeding heart, incompetent Liberal PM Trudolt is saying we need police reform to follow the USA.

I can't wait until these morons moaning and crying over this stuff, have stripped cops of all their ability to protect us, and are faced with a situation where even if they call the police, all the cops can do is stand back and basically be professional witnesses.

Because that's what's it's coming to.

I'm not down playing the murder of Floyd.
That cop was a tit.
I'm referring to the people who actually commit a crime or obstruct an officer and the officers are left to deal with the situation by force.
Which I feel is the correct and safest for everyone involved.

I'm no professional on the matter or anything, So of course I could be Completely wrong.
Gain control, fast and accurately before things get worse.

In the military, you get control of a room or situation, by literally doing just that - taking control.
Whether its securing an area, subduing a person or what not.
You take control of the area and the threat is eliminated.

Maybe I'm just ranting, but things are out of control.
I don't know how I would handle it all if I was in charge,
But making an officer hesitate to pull his weapon on a Perp. with a gun, is going to cost lives.
Inoccent ones at that.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Similar things happening in France where even the police are protesting now.
They're not allowed to use chokeholds anymore and being accused of being racists too and they say they're not.

Liberal with the pepper bombs they are though , ask the yellow vests .

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

And so they should be because they have lost their way. As an organisation they need to be re-modelled, not defunded.

Policing is a difficult job, it is one of the most difficult jobs in our societies. The skills required to be successful extend beyond being able to crack someone over the head with a baton.

For those that are interested the following are the Peelian principles

1. To prevent crime and disorder, as an alternative to their repression by military force and severity of legal punishment.

2. To recognise always that the power of the police to fulfill their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behaviour, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect.

3. To recognise always that to secure and maintain the respect and approval of the public means also the securing of the willing co-operation of the public in the task of securing observance of laws.

4. To recognise always that the extent to which the co-operation of the public can be secured diminishes proportionately the necessity of the use of physical force and compulsion for achieving police objectives.

5. To seek and preserve public favour, not by pandering to public opinion, but by constantly demonstrating absolutely impartial service to law, in complete independence of policy, and without regard to the justice or injustice of the substance of individual laws, by ready offering of individual service and friendship to all members of the public without regard to their wealth or social standing, by ready exercise of courtesy and friendly good humour, and by ready offering of individual sacrifice in protecting and preserving life.

6. To use physical force only when the exercise of persuasion, advice and warning is found to be insufficient to obtain public co-operation to an extent necessary to secure observance of law or to restore order, and to use only the minimum degree of physical force which is necessary on any particular occasion for achieving a police objective.

7. To maintain at all times a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and that the public are the police, the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

8. To recognise always the need for strict adherence to police-executive functions, and to refrain from even seeming to usurp the powers of the judiciary of avenging individuals or the State, and of authoritatively judging guilt and punishing the guilty.

9. To recognise always that the test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, and not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with them.

These principles are designed for police and public interaction, not hardened criminals and criminal gangs.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Oh I know policing is a very difficult job.
Especially in Canada.
Our standards for admission to be an officer are much higher than in the USA.

I think if the states had higher standards to be an officer - accompanied with higher incentives of course, policing in the USA would attract a much higher educated sample.

You can't just give Joe blow off the street, all the power a police officer has and expect them to be good at their job.
There has to be continuous education involved.
Times change.
Look what had to happen in LA in 92.
you can't go busting peoples heads in and not expect reprocussions.
Old school police beat downs are not the way to go anymore.
But there is a balance that needs to utilized.
Cops can't do their jobs if they are afraid of being thrown in jail for arresting a criminal.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Canadian police have long been out of control due to their buddy system of protecting each other. Though the good cops far outweigh the bad, there is no safe way for decent cops to report misconduct, so they become complicit. They need to start treating people as human first, criminal last if truly warranted.

This happened to me in Canada.. when I was 23 my car slid into a ditch on New Years Eve. It was completely black ice and I really shouldn't have tried to go to an event in another town but I did and the car went off the road, sapling trees jammed up into the running gear and I was stuck. This was the days before cell phones and I was in a completely dark, forested area with no towns for about 10 minutes drive in any direction. Being minutes to midnight my chances to hitchhike were slim. It was about minus 7 out which is unusually cold for here. I sat in the car freezing and waiting for any lights. Eventually, I cracked a beer to celebrate stupid new year and turned the engine on to get the heater to warm up. Almost an hour later a cop pulled up and wrote me up for drunk driving. Despite having been sober when I went into the ditch I didn't argue as it looks like what it looks like. The cop had made me sit in the front passenger seat of the cop car and do the breathalyzer test which, of course, I failed, then to my horror he said if I gave him a blow job he'd drop the charges! I fn lost it and started to kick him in the head. He kicked me out, locked his doors and called for backup. I was taken to the police station and not a single cop believed my story that night. So I went back sober and tried again but they wouldn't even let me report it. One cop even said the officer in question would never do such a thing. I wrote letters and nothing ever came of it. So, they have created their enemies themselves. I made mistakes that night but they handled it in an unprofessional manner. This incident is minor but had repercussions for years. Canada is not some goody two shoes... it's corrupt as they come. Abuse of power is worldwide and needs stamped out.

Oh and I'm white, which probably gave me the option to say no to that blow job!

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I don't care who you are, break into my house Canada, I will let you meet left & right fist, combined with left & right knee, combined with left and right foot! As of now, I don't need a gun, but if SHTF, I'll apply for one.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If cops are not allowed to defend themselves appropriately, why would they want to be police. I think all the police across the country should quit and see what happens in the communities all around the country. People will not have to worry about drinking and driving, or speeding, think of how much time you could save if you travel at a hundred miles per hour to get to where you are going. Think how nice it would be to just walk into a store and take what you want without having to worry about getting caught for shoplifting. If your neighbor pisses you off, go beat the crap out of him, who is going to stop you. Then that cute girl in the store, boy maybe just take her when she goes home. Who is going to arrest you for rape if there are no cops.

I would not want to be a cop if I was not allowed to have a gun, I can't understand why the brits cops don't quit, maybe it is because the people are way less violent in the UK or something, I don't understand it.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It can go both ways, rather then having to make sure cops have to have a smile on during arrests( or get out free) with bodycams, it could also help them when it comes to accusations and avoid liability via, evidence.

Thing is they wont be as lax as they were before, but they could always probably convientently turn em off.
edit on 13-6-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Everything good we see happening in the USA and around the World right now is also happening in Canada.

Everything bad that was happening in the USA was happening WORSE IN CANADA.

Everything the USA Constitution gives Americans Canadas Governmental Bastardization of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms takes away from Canadian People.

In the USA litigation is allowed in Canada it is not you cannot sue anyone for anything.

There are so many Canadian Murder by Cop stories now circulating its dam scary....

What we need is a movement called Truth&Justice4ALL…...because every Country in the World is suffering from the same viral disease...its not about racisim …. its an attack on Truth and Justice for the People VEILED AS RACISIM CATALYSED ACTIONS.

Truth&Justice4ALL

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Canadian police have long been out of control due to their buddy system of protecting each other. Though the good cops far outweigh the bad, there is no safe way for decent cops to report misconduct, so they become complicit. They need to start treating people as human first, criminal last if truly warranted.

This happened to me in Canada.. when I was 23 my car slid into a ditch on New Years Eve. It was completely black ice and I really shouldn't have tried to go to an event in another town but I did and the car went off the road, sapling trees jammed up into the running gear and I was stuck. This was the days before cell phones and I was in a completely dark, forested area with no towns for about 10 minutes drive in any direction. Being minutes to midnight my chances to hitchhike were slim. It was about minus 7 out which is unusually cold for here. I sat in the car freezing and waiting for any lights. Eventually, I cracked a beer to celebrate stupid new year and turned the engine on to get the heater to warm up. Almost an hour later a cop pulled up and wrote me up for drunk driving. Despite having been sober when I went into the ditch I didn't argue as it looks like what it looks like. The cop had made me sit in the front passenger seat of the cop car and do the breathalyzer test which, of course, I failed, then to my horror he said if I gave him a blow job he'd drop the charges! I fn lost it and started to kick him in the head. He kicked me out, locked his doors and called for backup. I was taken to the police station and not a single cop believed my story that night. So I went back sober and tried again but they wouldn't even let me report it. One cop even said the officer in question would never do such a thing. I wrote letters and nothing ever came of it. So, they have created their enemies themselves. I made mistakes that night but they handled it in an unprofessional manner. This incident is minor but had repercussions for years. Canada is not some goody two shoes... it's corrupt as they come. Abuse of power is worldwide and needs stamped out.

Oh and I'm white, which probably gave me the option to say no to that blow job!

Tell it like it really is man...tell it like it is.

People gotta know man.

ASIRT in Alberta is already getting Proactive they are trying to cover their hasses….planning to stick around and not be investigated exposed and disbanded and clearly identified as a major cog in the corruption and graft.....they shall not walk....right now they are "suddenly" finding LEOs guilty of murders AND CRIMES...BUT only just now.....HOWEVER..THIS supposedly neutral non-vested group is directly culpable and collisional in the corruption we see across Alberta and across the entire Country.....many many Murder by Cop cases have been railroaded by ASIRT and there is no possible way to move forward in Canada without exposing and remediating them in total.

edit on 13-6-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: myselfaswell

Oh I know policing is a very difficult job.
Especially in Canada.
Our standards for admission to be an officer are much higher than in the USA.

I think if the states had higher standards to be an officer - accompanied with higher incentives of course, policing in the USA would attract a much higher educated sample.

You can't just give Joe blow off the street, all the power a police officer has and expect them to be good at their job.
There has to be continuous education involved.
Times change.
Look what had to happen in LA in 92.
you can't go busting peoples heads in and not expect reprocussions.
Old school police beat downs are not the way to go anymore.
But there is a balance that needs to utilized.
Cops can't do their jobs if they are afraid of being thrown in jail for arresting a criminal.

Canadian Cops are predominately morons....because The Thin Blue Line weeds the good ones out faster than in the USA where People can sue to defend themselves from Civic abuses...... the hiring processes in Canada are more bastardized than they are in America.

Hoy christ who do you really work for?

A retired or former LEO thinking you are helping the Thin Blue Line or helping something equally as screwed up.

Disconnect the Police from Civic Politics completely...remove all rotten Upper Management completely....purge the Departments completely even if it means shutting them down completely temporarily....name number prosecute and prevent from returning to Law enforcement of any type the rotten Cops new investigations out as criminal Cops.....we must mark the bad apples lest they just change barrels.

There are more Good Cops than Bad Cops but their ability to shine and to win the day for The People has been removed by the bad Apples running The Thin Blue Lines across the WORLD.
edit on 13-6-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Canada has no problem with racism against Black people.

We have a problem with Racism against Native people.

They have been dealt the worst card.

So, if any protests take place here, and, they want to be honest about racism in Canada, then, they need to address the Native (First Nations) issue first.

Other than that, it's all whining and jumping on the bandwagon...

They should protest in Thunder Bay first...

:cheers
edit on 6/13/2020 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

that's what Gord was preachin…

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I was at the g20 in toronto a few years back, canadian police are also insane.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Good. Those useless incompetents damaged my vehicle during a snow removal, then lied about it, and now I have to pay. Clearly, they need more scrutiny, if lies are a normal part of their routine, and this is how they make money.
edit on 13-6-2020 by Bent8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

As a Cree Indian from Quebec: yes, black people have it pretty rough in Canadian cities, esp as relates to employment and police. I've lived in Montreal North, I've seen it first hand.

There isn't a limit on how many minority groups the government is allowed to help...we can help black Canadians too.

After this, though, if everyone wants to protest to make the Liberals start respecting treaty law, that'd be great. But I can wait my turn.

Edit: also, you should consider that the most racist Canadians, those who join hate groups, are mostly military and law enforcement, active or retired. You can easily verify this, and I've also seen it first hand. The Old Boys club is very white lol, supremely so. This is different from the race issues in the US...our racism is stealthier, but more concentrated, as a society.
edit on 13-6-2020 by Bent8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
# did hit the fan. And I've applied for one. The few instructors that can give the certification aren't allowed to train people right now because of covid, and the earliest they are saying is December.. on the waitlist.

I hope waiting to get your permit works out better than it has for me.

a reply to: TortoiseKweek

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Canada has no problem with racism against Black people.

We have a problem with Racism against Native people.

They have been dealt the worst card.

So, if any protests take place here, and, they want to be honest about racism in Canada, then, they need to address the Native (First Nations) issue first.

Other than that, it's all whining and jumping on the bandwagon...

They should protest in Thunder Bay first...

:cheers

Canada has a problem with Truth&Justice4ALL.....every human being is abused....there are no color barriers to Anti-Humanitarian behaviours....lol...don't you dare try to play the volor card like they are in the USA to detract from the real problem which is much much bigger than that because it impacts ALL OF US...,you will never keep us separated by our skin colors...we know that's really what this is about which is why Canada will NOW BECOME A GLOBAL MODEL for showing people the REAL TRUTH that this is about Anti-Humanitarian behaviours tactically executed by a small rich group of Money Monger monsters for fiscal gains.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

We just had a protest in Thunder Bay last Friday for BLM.
Over 2000 people showed up.
And no one lost their cool.

Even the police Chief was their.... Then she got scrutinized by a bunch of doe heads because she said All lives matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join