It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland, Seattle, and Denver ban the use of tear gas against protestors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Let those cities burn.

They deserve it.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: 727Sky

Tear gas, chemical agents, bullets - things that should not be used on peaceful protesters who don't attend protests with weaponry.

Tear gas, chemical agents, bullets - things that can be used to take out enemy rioters and looters who attend protests with weaponry.

#ChangeMyMind

Even when the "peaceful" protesters throw rocks and bricks and anything else they can find at the police? Sorry, once the first item is thrown by someone that changes everything.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Tear gas, chemical agents, bullets - things that should not be used on peaceful protesters who don't attend protests with weaponry.

Tear gas, chemical agents, bullets - things that can be used to take out enemy rioters and looters who attend protests with weaponry.

#ChangeMyMind

Even when the "peaceful" protesters throw rocks and bricks and anything else they can find at the police? Sorry, once the first item is thrown by someone that changes everything.

Who decides?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
As was pointed out earlier in the thread, tear gas is a banned substance in the Geneva Convention. Police in this country are using a chemical weapon that not even the military will employ in a time of war. And on their own citizens no less. In fact, a young girl passed away a few days ago after having an asthmatic reaction to tear gas.

Banning the use of tear gas is a good thing and should be done across the board.

Sure, the military has different rules like being able to use Napalm, bunker-buster bombs and even nuclear weapons, but they can't use hollow-point bullets.

I'm just shaking my head at the whole ridiculous issue. What the hell was a young asthmatic girl doing near a protest site?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Whoever the commander in the ground is.

But that doesn't matter. We're now going to allow rioting and make it worse on the cops.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

But that doesn't matter. We're now going to allow rioting and make it worse on the cops.

Okay, and if the commander makes a mistake? How about if the commander is biased toward those protesting?

No one is going to allow rioting that's exaggeration.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: HalWesten

#ChangeMyMind

Who decides?

When projectiles are thrown at police. That's a pretty clear indicator that things are no longer peaceful, don't you think?

edit on 7-6-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Tears gas stops riots.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Okay, and if the commander makes a mistake? How about if the commander is biased toward those protesting?

No one is going to allow rioting that's exaggeration.

Right. There were no riots allowed by the mayors of the cities that have been burning for a week. Those were just enthusiastic protests. Can you hear my eyes rolling?

Come on, the mayor of Minneapolis allowed it to happen because he was too concerned about being called a racist. His direct dereliction of duty cost his residents lives and businesses because of his negligence.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

They should protest like Martin L. King. No need for teargas.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I realize it's a part of the narrative for you that the cities are allowing riots. It's not factual.

Rioting is certainly not "enthusiastic protests" ... that's fallacious reasoning.

I don't share your opinion, at least, as you've stated it here. No Mayor would allow rioting to happen.

I realize exactly why you're trying to focus on the Mayor rather than the bad actors causing the riots, and the cops who did little more than instigate more violence themselves.

If you care to provide any backup for your opinion, I'll be glad to discuss it further.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They should protest like Martin L. King. No need for teargas.

I contend that the cry of ‘black power’ is, at bottom, a reaction to the reluctance of white power to make the kind of changes necessary to make justice a reality for the Negro, I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard. And, what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the economic plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years.”

Martin Luther King to Mike Wallace September 1966

edit on 7-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I realize it's a part of the narrative for you that the cities are allowing riots. It's not factual.

It’s factual when they don’t use everything in their power to stop it, many mayors didn’t do that. They had options and refused to use them, which not only cost in damages and injuries but deaths also. Yes, some mayors were complicit and are to blame for the repercussions as a direct result of their lack of action. Surely that can’t be to hard for even you to see. 🙄

edit on 7-6-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

MLK was a wuffless Ol' Rabble-rouser. By himself, he was nothing more harmful than an accelerant that would shortly evaporate into the wind. The pages of history aren't distorted by his legend. He knew his role all too well.

He was left alone or adulated by liberal whiteys ... until somebody shot him in the face ... because they'd had enough and knew what needed to be done to end the ceaseless tearing of American society. Those were bad days ... and they were put to a relative end with his shooting.

Kind of reminded me of a funeral I went to once in New Orleans. Big drama!!

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

#ChangeMyMind

Precisely.

This is a good thing and should be applauded, protestors are free to protest.

Good thing too, as tear gas is used on rioters, looters and those blatantly violating law and in a manner that could be percieved as grave danger.

Protestor- Good.

Rioters, Looters and Mobs - Tear Gas.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

You're second guessing the mayors and police chiefs. That's easy to do retroactively.

One of the fundamental qualities of American-style government is local control.

Let me guess, the mayors/cities that are "complicit" all happen to be Democrats, right?

Tell us another one.

(Or cite specifics rather than vague generalities.)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

MLK was a wuffless Ol' Rabble-rouser. By himself, he was nothing more harmful than an accelerant that would shortly evaporate into the wind. The pages of history aren't distorted by his legend. He knew his role all too well.

He was left alone or adulated by liberal whiteys ... until somebody shot him in the face ... because they'd had enough and knew what needed to be done to end the ceaseless tearing of American society. Those were bad days ... and they were put to a relative end with his shooting.

Kind of reminded me of a funeral I went to once in New Orleans. Big drama!!

Your statement is that the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King was "what needed to be done"?

I want to make sure you're clear on that point.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You're second guessing the mayors and police chiefs. That's easy to do retroactively.

Let me guess, the mayors/cities that are "complicit" all happen to be Democrats, right?

Tell us another one.

Deflect and put words in my mouth, get a life dude.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Tell us another one.

Deflect and put words in my mouth, get a life dude.

You should just copy that so you can paste it after every response.

Dude.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the good old Water Cannons?

Let's also not forget all of the time and $$$ spent researching and developing non-lethal weapons such as Sonic weapons for use in dispersing crowds.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join