It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the rains came down!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Last night it came a gully washer. Of course my vegetable plants loved it but apparently the looters- not so much!

The looting and vandalism in Louisville took a turn for the worse earlier in the week when the mayor and governor ordered the National Guard to pull back. Yesterday the mayor ended the city wide curfew and everyone I know was preparing to hunker down and watching to see just how much worse it was going to get, and then.... rain.

Now the peaceful protesters still showed up in force (though their forces were a little thinner) and continued protesting through the storms and after. No problem with that, though personally I would have used the time to take a little break. But the looters not so much! Yes, there were still a few incidents but for the most part a nice little break from the majority of looting and vandalism.

Chance of scattered storms this evening but nothing like last night so watching to see what happens tonight. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I may do a little rain dance later!

The new looter's and vandal's motto: "We ain't afraid of no Po' but don't let me get my hair wet!"

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Lends credence to the idea that this wouldn't be happening if Floyd had run afoul of law enforcement in the middle of winter.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They did the same up here over in Grand Rapids this week. Evidently, rats can't tolerate so much as a light sprinkle before throwing in the towel.

< insert Wicked Witch of The West "I'm melting!" meme >
edit on 6/5/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
The new looter's and vandal's motto: "We ain't afraid of no Po' but don't let me get my hair wet!"

Well, in many places the salons are still inessential businesses, closed by the fascist mayors and governors, so can you blame them for avoiding the rains? With them closed, hows a looter gonna get her hair did after a rain?
edit on 5-6-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Well, in many places the salons are still inessential businesses, closed by the fascist mayors and governors, so can you blame them for avoiding the rains? With them closed, hows a looter gonna get her hair did after a rain?

The mental image of hipster wash-out Crayola crayon box hair rinsing right out made me giggle

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's quite logical really. Once the looters have emptied the stores there's nothing worth while left to loot. Or do you think the store owners are going to restock for the next looting, ooops I mean demonstration.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And in other news: Just saw 2 white girls with wild colored hair with their car covered in writing all over windows and protests signs covering their car run over a black guy on a bicycle while I was waiting in drive-thru at the Dunkin Donuts.

Guess black lives only matter if all your protest signs don't prevent you from seeing them!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

And in other news: Just saw 2 white girls with wild colored hair with their car covered in writing all over windows and protests signs covering their car run over a black guy on a bicycle while I was waiting in drive-thru at the Dunkin Donuts.

Oh how I wish you'd been video taping that.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Last night it came a gully washer. Of course my vegetable plants loved it but apparently the looters- not so much!

The looting and vandalism in Louisville took a turn for the worse earlier in the week when the mayor and governor ordered the National Guard to pull back. Yesterday the mayor ended the city wide curfew and everyone I know was preparing to hunker down and watching to see just how much worse it was going to get, and then.... rain.

Now the peaceful protesters still showed up in force (though their forces were a little thinner) and continued protesting through the storms and after. No problem with that, though personally I would have used the time to take a little break. But the looters not so much! Yes, there were still a few incidents but for the most part a nice little break from the majority of looting and vandalism.

Chance of scattered storms this evening but nothing like last night so watching to see what happens tonight. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I may do a little rain dance later!

Talk about fair weather friends...

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

I understand the weather underground is always condusive to looting and rioting...

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Oh how I wish you'd been video taping that.

Me too, but sadly only one arm functioning properly right now and it was on the steering wheel- the other is in a wrist and thumb brace with splints.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

I understand the weather underground is always condusive to looting and rioting...

And helping a-holes get elected president

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Lends credence to the idea that this wouldn't be happening if Floyd had run afoul of law enforcement in the middle of winter.

If it was the middle of winter not only would the number of looters drop so would the number of protesters... and the news crews as well! Oops! No news media? No protesters, no hordes of looters because police could go back to doing their normal jobs.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
fudging idiots.

sorry to read about your kid in the other thread.

they are their own humans after all

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
fudging idiots.

sorry to read about your kid in the other thread.

they are their own humans after all

Thanks! And thank goodness only the oldest is into all that mess, though at 32 we thought she would have outgrown it by now. The other 3 are normal, but then again so far she has been the one that spent the most time in college so with our youngest about to start this fall we shall see.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I was a libtard in college for approximately ...maybe 6 months. Which speaks to my character actually.
The way they shove it down your throat is unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Guess black lives only matter if all your protest signs don't prevent you from seeing them!

Jesus # that's hilarious. I LOL'd in real life. Think I popped a nut.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
its funny when someone gets hit by a car ?
or the fact that No matter who you are accedents can happen ?
( a message brought to you from the good guys above me ??????
You have lost any respect or standing long long agaio your no different then thous you talk about
edit on 5-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

even a week agaio I was more on leaning towards what you guys say Good job on turing even more people away form views Hey ist funny when a black guy gets hit because the car was a protester
edit on 5-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh, now, they probably wasn't woke, I mean, awake enough. Staying up til 3am or later each night takes a toll.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Black lives matter to those girls until they get in the way.

Truthfully, they'd have run over anyone in front of them, black or white, because they're that careless.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join