It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Corona Positive Missouri Stylist Liable if someone dies or gets sick

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Except we've already discussed that the symptoms of mild COVID-19 are exactly the same as a host of other minor ailments or even just seasonal allergies. Unless you are really ill, you have issues with getting tested still in many places. And the standard screening is generally just a temp check which you may or may not have, especially if your COVID-19 is a mild case.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Anyone who goes anywhere could get anything. That's the point.

You cannot expect the entire world to be constantly level-4 BioLab sanitary, and heck, the bug may have leaked its way out of a facility with that level of bio-containment, but sure ... let's expect one poor little hairstylist to manage what trained lab workers at a level 4 biocontainment facility apparently couldn't and sue here when it surprisingly doesn't happen.

We're not called Litigation Nation for nothing here. It's a glaring neon sign that most Americans willing to sue are unwilling to be personally responsible and want fat payouts as easily as possible. We need legal reforms for this wanton lawsuit crap so badly.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The argument is constantly made here by the pro-Trump narrative, is that all risks are equal.

If you go outside, something could happen.

Sounds like good logic, right.

Well, simplistic logic at least.

Is the premise sound though?

Everything is a risk.

So, walking on Main Street is the same as walking in an avalanche zone, because, hey, they're both risks, right?

Sticking your hand in a bag of candy is just the same as sticking your hand in a bag of snakes, right? Well, except you won't get any candy from the snakes of course.

Turns out the premise is flawed.

All risks are not equal.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

America = How can I turn this into a multi-million dollar payday?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

"Oh my god, someone hurt my feelings! < cries > I must sue for emotional damages now, $50 million sounds about right, I deserve it!"

Nation of money-grubbing, spineless, weak-minded sissies is more like it.
edit on 5/26/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/26/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Or, How can we ensure employers are creating safe workplaces for both employees and customers?

Do you not agree with the White house guidelines?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Not all risks are equal, no, but thinking, reasoning adults are supposed to be able to assess each activity for its inherent level of risk.

If I go to interact with a hairstylist, I am having close contact with the person, and I am taking the chance that I might get whatever he or she might have. It doesn't matter what illness we're talking about. Don't forget that the flu sheds for a day or two before you even feel symptoms, and that's a deadly illness too.

It's about the same degree of risk for someone in my age bracket. For others, this degree of risk may change depending on age and health circumstance, but like anything, at some point, you assume some of the responsibility. If as a young woman, I want to go out drinking, I knew that part of the onus for my personal safety was on me. While I was never asking to be raped, I knew there were a lot of smart things I could do before I even got started to drastically reduce my risks of having it happen, and that was handling my share of the responsibility for my personal safety.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Or Nation of money-grubbing, spineless, weak-minded businesses

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So the hairstylist who contracts with a shop to rent out her booth space is money-grubbing ... Wow, just wow. Considering she's coming off of not hacing been able to work at all for anything for a period of how long now?!

edit on 26-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Is the factor for determining whether one should sue simply how contagious a pathogen is?

Basically, I dont see any grounds here that wouldnt *also* apply to many other illnesses like influenza (severity), or even the common cold (how contagious it is). These are all "potentially lethal" in the right circumstances, and flu pandemics (historically) are either right in line with this one.. or substantially worse.

Could we sue the government for not providing information on how to actually mitigate the severity of a given disease? For witholding the information that person-to-person and surfaces arent the only ways pathogens spread? The inability of the medical system to change protocol and policy when it clearly increases deaths?

Seems substantially more relevant to go after that, than some hairdresser.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Or Nation of money-grubbing, spineless, weak-minded businesses

Ah, no.

We lead with frivolous lawsuits globally. Thus money-grubbing, spineless, weak-minded citizens is accurate.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So the hairstylist who contracts with a shop to rent out her booth space is money-grubbing ... Wow, just wow. Considering she's coming off of not hacing been able to work at all for anything for a period of how long now?!

Yes if she knowingly put money over life, that is the definition of money-grubbing

Why have any safety regulations? Why would the white house put out this suggestion? I sure don't see
one for the Flu.

edit on 26-5-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes if she knowingly put money over life, that is the definition of money-grubbing

I guess if you need to pay your bills and are between a rock and hard place, working is money-grubbing.

Huh, who knew. Hey, all you employed people! Especially all of you who've been to work not feeling spiffy! You're all just money-grubbers, JAG said so.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Huh, who knew. Hey, all you employed people! Especially all of you who've been to work not feeling spiffy! You're all just money-grubbers, JAG said so.

Yeah, guess just me and the White House.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Holy crap, the street sweeper just came down the street -- I should totally sue the town for increasing my risk of getting sick from covid traces laced in the dirt! It's the American thing to do, dont'cha know.

(street sweeper really did just roll through, lol)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Must be nice ...

Isn't it interesting how quickly the script has flipped?

It used to be that places like Walmart and Lowe's and the other big box stores were the evil, money-grubbing greedy corporations working their hordes of wage slaves into the ground and putting mom and pop businesses the small business owners out of business and into the ground, killing mainstreet.

Now it's the reverse.

Walmart and the other big boxes with their workers are the sainted HEROES and saviors of the country! We bow down the kiss their feet for taking the risks so we can buy their cheap mass produced crap. And mom and pop mainstreet are horrible and vile, evil greedy money-grubbing people for just wanting to survive and make a living after the government shut them down and prevented them from making ends meet for weeks. THEY JUST WANT PEOPLE TO DIE FOR CASH!!

edit on 26-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's never been my script.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Must be nice ...

It used to be that places like Walmart and Lowe's and the other big box stores were the evil, money-grubbing greedy corporations working their hordes of wage slaves into the ground and putting mom and pop businesses the small business owners out of business and into the ground, killing mainstreet.

Now it's the reverse.

Walmart and the other big boxes with their workers are the sainted HEROES and saviors of the country! We bow down the kiss their feet for taking the risks so we can buy their cheap mass produced crap. And mom and pop mainstreet are horrible and vile, evil greedy money-grubbing people for just wanting to survive and make a living after the government shut them down and prevented them from making ends meet for weeks. THEY JUST WANT PEOPLE TO DIE FOR CASH!!

That about sums it up. At this rate, the small & indie business owners are going to be reviled & scorned, while the giants are receiving customary proverbial consumer BJs.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Or, How can we ensure employers are creating safe workplaces for both employees and customers?

Do you not agree with the White house guidelines?

This is a guideline resource for employers: Link

Bottom line though: Employers may ask and encourage employees to self report if they have any symptoms or have tested positive, but employees are not obligated to do so.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Good link

AN EMPLOYEE IS EXPERIENCING MILD ILLNESS SYMPTOMS, SUCH AS FEVER OR COUGH, BUT HAS ASKED TO CONTINUE WORKING. SHOULD WE HAVE THE EMPLOYEE REPORT TO WORK?

No. Employees who are ill should not come to the workplace. If an employee reports to the workplace exhibiting symptoms, the employee should be sent home immediately.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join